“Branson Vacation”

Ranked #64 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Gardner, Kansas, United States
“Branson Vacation”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed here for the first time and will be back next year. The Inn was very quiet. Parking was convenient. Our room was very clean. The breakfast is hot with many choices. Long pool hours (indoors with a hot tub). The staff was wonderful. Bringing fresh towels and coffee was not a problem. Room rates were reasonable. Check in and out was not a hassle. Will recommend to friends and will be back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Stephanie S
JPayneBranson, General Manager at Angel Inn Central, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Angel Inn. I am glad you had such a great experience. I certainly pass along your kind words to our staff. Angel Inn is known for our friendly Ozark hospitality. We have 24/7 gourmet coffee in the lobby, and personally coffee makers in the rooms, which always receive rave reviews from guests. Thank you again for reviewing your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Angel Inn on your next visit to Branson

417-334-6500

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Skiatook, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We had pillow top mattresses on our beds. They are WONDERFUL !!! So comfortable you don't want to get out of bed : ) The staff is very friendly. The price for our room was VERY reasonable. We had pleanty of towels & wash rags. If you stay in very many Motels you know that is very unusual. It was so nice not to have to request more towels. Our room was exceptionally clean !!! It smelled nice. Their breakfast was also VERY good. They are in a good location, not far off of the 76 strip. I cannot sing their praises enough. Congratulations to the staff at Angel Inn for a job well done.
Margie

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Margie M
JPayneBranson, General Manager at Angel Inn Central, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for reviewing you recent stay at Angel Inn. We have recently gotten some new luxury therapeutic doctor’s choice pillow top mattresses from the Denver Mattress companies luxury Euro collection, and have been getting rave review from guests. They are such a treat to sleep on after a long drive in the car, or a busy day at Silver Dollar City. Coupled with our new 100% blackout curtains a person could just sleep their cares away. I will certainly pass along your kind words to housekeeping. We strive to provide amenities that will lessen your hassle while you are here, so I am very pleased you enjoyed the extra towels, complimentary fridge and microwave. You are very right, we have one of the best locations in town. Just a block off the strip so we are within 5-7 minutes of the shows and attractions in town. Yet also back away from the bustle and noise from Hwy 76. Thank you again for reviewing your stay, I know how valuable your time is. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Angel Inn on your next trip to Branson.

Illinois
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We loved it! Breakfast included cereal, oatmeal, biscuits and gravy or french toast, fruit salad, bagels and donuts. The pool was indoor with a hot tub, it was pretty nice. A little off of the main road, but close enough to everything! The beds were comfortable and everything was clean! Would definitely stay there again and recommend it to a friend!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for reviewing your stay here at Angel Inn. I am pleased you enjoyed your time here. Our extended continental breakfast always gets great reviews. We are only one of two companies here in town that offers really 100% juice on the breakfast bar. We also have homemade donuts, hot and cold cereal, fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs along with all the regular items. Many of our guests like our location because of the many attractions and sights within walking distance from the hotel, yet guests aren’t bothered by all the noise from hwy 76. We will look forward to welcoming you back to the Angel Inn on your next trip and hope to see you for our popular fall and ol’ fashioned Christmas season.

Atkins, AR
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I have stayed in several motels in Branson over the years, and for the price, The Angel Inn was a great place to stay and in an excellent location....just about a block off of the 76 strip, and right on one of the alternate routes where you did not have to travel everywhere by getting back on 76. The Tanger Mall is almost across from it on 76, Wal Mart, McDonalds, Panera Bread, Lone Star Steak House and many other places are within walking distance. We had a ground floor room..very quiet, and is about the only place I have ever stayed where you can not hear noises when guests arrive late or leave early..( beeping when they lock or open their cars, or banging around in the upstairs rooms) The air conditioner unit was not noisey like most of them either...Hot breakfast with french toast, eggs, biscuits & gravy plus all the normal 'continental' breakfast items. I WILL be staying there on my next trip to Branson!

Room Tip: Ground floor facing the inclosed pool...we were only one door down from the drink, ice cream and ice...
2 Thank KFEnnis
JPayneBranson, General Manager at Angel Inn Central, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay here at Angel Inn. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay so well. You are correct we have one of the best locations in Branson. Lots of our guests enjoy walking to shows and the eateries, especially in the fall when the air is cooler. Our rooms are built with solid concrete walls, floors, and ceilings. This serves as a great sound barrier from noises next door and outside. It also serves as an extra protection from storms. We have recently upgraded out ac units to new modern energy efficient units. They are getting great reviews from our guests; I’m happy to add you to the list. We will look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Branson.

Point, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We we're real happy with our stay at the Angel In in Branson, Mo. The room was real quiet, we had a refrigerator to keep my Medication in and Micro for warming up coffee. The room was real good for the handicapped. The roll in shower was really good the bed was easy to get to. The sink was big enough to get all my stuff on with room left over. We enjoyed the coffee that was furnished in each room with a coffee maker which was real nice to have for people who sleep in on vacation. The location is easy to get to and the check in and out was real easy . All the staff was helpful when needed. The room was real clean and was made up when we came back from enjoying the town. We will stay there again when we come to Branson and tell other folks about it.

This is a reasonable priced room which had everything I needed,.
Jerry & Lynn Porter

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks for reviewing your stay at Angel Inn. I am pleased you enjoyed your recent stay. We have recently upgraded some of our handicap rooms. All of our rooms come with the fridge, microwave, and personal coffee maker included in the price. We also have complimentary gourmet coffee 24/7 in the lobby. Angel Inn is known for our high cleanliness standards. Each room is double inspected before it is given to the front desk to sell. I will certainly pass along your kind words to our staff and we hope to see you again this coming fall and Christmas season.

Private
Reviewed July 29, 2012

The hotel is in a good location near everything on the strip, but out of the traffic. The indoor pool is nice but was extrememly cold. My five year old didn't seem to mind. We ate the free breakfast on the first of our three days there. It didn't offer a large enough variety to please everyone in the family so we chose to go out the following two mornings.
We booked through priceline and had no difficulty checking in on a busy Friday. The room we were given had a nice view and smelled clean. There were spots on the carpet but the carpet appeared vacuumed. Initially we were pleased with the room. After unloading the car and putting things away, I let my eight month old down on the floor to crawl around. She crawled across the room a couple times and then when I picked her up, her hands, feet, and knees were black. I rubbed my hand over the carpet and it turned black as well. When I told the woman at the desk about it she informed me that the carpet was due for a shampoo but that they had not been able to do it because of the busy season. I said I understood but that I would like a room with cleaner carpet. She stated that they were 100% booked and there was nothing they could do for us. I insisted that I needed a clean room for my child and she spoke to the facilty manager. He repeated everything she had said and implied that because we booked through priceline and not through them so we would not receive "preferential treatment'. I said I expect a clean room whether I book through them or through an alternative website. After several minutes of insisting on a clean room and refusing to change rooms each night I was staying with them, they agreed to put us in another for the duration of our stay. The new room we were given only turned my daughters knees grey, not black so I suppose it was a step up. After the initial hassle, we didn't complain again but will not be back.

1 Thank Private551
Dear Guest,

I am disappointed after reading your review of your recent stay. It certainly is below our standards. Our indoor pool and hot tub are both heated to the maximum the Taney Country Health department allows us. The pool is kept around 86 degrees year round with the hot tub around 102. Each of our rooms gets shampooed multiple times a year. After you moved out of the room, it was thoroughly shampooed the following morning. I was one of the people at the front desk you spoke with. While you did book through an online travel agent, each guest that stay at Angel Inn is treated as our personal guest regardless of how reservations are made. However each online travel agent has a different contract we have to sign we have to abide by, I did not say, nor imply, you were being treated different because of the way you made your reservation. I did ask you give me a moment to see what I could do and what was available. I did not say you had to stay in the room, nor did you insist on moving. We were sold out of the room type you had booked, but after looking at what I had available you were quickly upgraded to a Jacuzzi room free of any charge or upgrade. The whole process took less than five minutes. I spoke with you the next day to see if you were pleased with your rooms and your words were, “the room is perfect, you all do a great job”. You even were given a late check out to enjoy the Jacuzzi tub. I’m disappointed we weren’t given the chance to make your stay a great stay.

USA
Reviewed July 28, 2012

The only thing I would reccommend is to somehow build an additional sidewalk for guests who have to stay in the back building so that it is an easier walk to the main building with the office. It was a pain to have to walk that far for something, and having no direct sidewalk meant walking on the 'street' of the entryway which probably isn't the safest thing to do. It is also kind of spooky walking that far at night. We had no soap or shampoo or whatever it was supposed to be in our bathroom dispenser and I told the front desk- it didn't get filled for the 3 days we were there. I just asked for bar soap instead. On the last day they didn't give us an extra roll of toilet paper and we barely made due with what we had. Otherwise, I was really impressed with the staff- there was always someone there to help out. The woman re-filling the breakfast nook was unbelievable. I don't know how she was able to keep up with the re-filling like she did and keep tables wiped off at the same time- it was awesome. Loved the fact there was a fridge and microwave in every room- you don't usually find this in economy hotels.

Dear Guest,

Thanks for reviewing your latest stay here at Angel Inn. I regret you were under the impression the only way to the lobby was around the building along the entry way. There is a short cut through a breeze way in our front building that connects to the front lobby. I checked your dispenser in your shower. Unlike the bathroom dispensers in the lobby the room dispensers are not automatic. There is a little lever to push for the soap/shampoo. It is a safety hazard to have an automatic dispenser in the showers because is every movement would cause it to dispense more soap. I am glad the front desk was able to get you a bar of soap. I will certainly forward your kind words to our breakfast lady. She certainly does do a great job at keeping it clean and stocked with fresh hot items. We look forward to welcoming you back this coming fall and Christmas season.