“Great customer service, however, NOT impressed with general hotel....”

Grand Plaza Hotel Branson
Ranked #52 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed February 16, 2007

In general, our stay at the Grand Plaza wasn't bad, however, my husband and I were not at all impressed with the Grand View resturant they offer on the 9th floor. It was horrible! They allowed smoking within the restuarant, in fact, our waitress was smoking in between waiting our table. The food was gross too, it wasn't the least bit appetizing. I will admit, though, that the customer service was good. Our bath tub didn't work in two different rooms that we were moved to, therefore, they upgraded us to a Suite for free. Overall experience, good, but don't eat their food.

Stayed: February 2007
1  Thank eliz_82

Reviewed September 17, 2006

My two sisters and I got away by ourselves for the weekend. We stayed in the "Family Suite" on the 5th floor at the Grand Plaza Hotel. I'm pretty picky when it comes to hotels, but one of my sisters is worse than me, so I was a little worried, since I did the booking. When we walked into our room, my sisters and I were so excited! We loved the decor. The valley view was splendid! This suite has two seperate bedrooms, ( which we needed, since my other sister snores and we have to shut her door ) Hee Hee! It has two full baths. One of the tubs has jets, ( which I needed because I have a lot of pain, and this seems to help ~ just DON'T put bubble bath in it! ) Hee Hee! The price was very affordable for the three of us to split. The staff was friendly. We enjoyed our continental breakfast as we reminisced and laughed, looking out into the beautiful valley, ( Loved those Dixie Creme Doughnuts! ) We had a WONDERFUL time, and our hotel stay helped make it such. The only thing missing was our precious Mother. Three Sisters - Leawood, Overland Park & Topeka, Kansas.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
8  Thank Betheedood
Reviewed September 4, 2006

My family and I visited Branson over Labor Day weekend. Our previous lodging experiences in Branson were not very pleasant. The Grand Plaza staff was definitely an exception, staff extremely helpful, very knowledgable, and accommodating. The pool area was clean, beds were comfortable, and most importantly, the bathroom was spotless! The only reason I didn't give this the highest rating, is because when I lifted up the bedskirt to find a missing shoe, I found a small plastic container with some partially eaten peanuts. I didn't recall bringing in peanuts! We were still very impressed despite this, and would love to stay at the Grand Plaza again!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank LPPPLJ
Reviewed July 16, 2006

Stayed here in July 2006. This hotel was very nice in my opinion, definitely a 3*+ hotel. It is built on a hill, so there are two levels for parkng. The lobby is on the lower level. They had everything ready for us at check in and the desk clerks were always helpful and friendly. They had apples for guests at the front desk. There are two main elevators, but we found a small elevator at the end of our hallway that was much more convenient. Our room had 2 queen beds, a desk, dresser, two chairs, and a place for luggage. It also has a blow dryer, iron, ironing board, and free wireless internet. The room was a bit "crowded," especially with four of us staying in the room and all this furniture. The room looked brand new. IIt's obvious the hotel has had recent rennovations. The bathroom had granite counter tops and large ceramic tile on the floor, with new pre-fab shower/bath. Our room and hall were very quiet. They have a complimentary continental breakfast on the 9th floor each morning. It is okay, but I wish they had the waffle maker like so many other hotels have these days. We ate one night at their restaurant and it was very tasty food and good service. Maybe the best is the beautiful view from the 9th floor looking out over Branson. The Tanger Mall is close, but uphill from the hotel, so it's probably better to drive over there. We thorougly enjoyed our stay at this lovely hotel. It is definitely one of the nicer hotels in Branson, so it costs a bit more. It was perfect for our little gang.

• Stayed: July 2006
9  Thank TravelFan
A TripAdvisor Member
Raymore, Missouri
Reviewed July 10, 2006

We just returned from a long weekend in Branson. We had a decent stay at the Grand Plaza Hotel. It was clean and the service was above average.
The Grand Plaza offers a nice continental breakfast. We expected only a few tid bits but it included a spread with pastries, cereal, hard boiled eggs, bagels, toast, fruit, etc... (A little above average for this type of hotel)
The pool was an average size for the Branson area and it was indoor. Our kids are 11 and 14 and they enjoyed it.
We paid $69 per night for a room with an internet coupon which we thought was an excellent value. There were 2 double beds so the four of us shared.
Overall, I would say this is probably is one of the best hotels we have stayed in and I am extremely fussy! Perhaps not the most luxiourous hotel but if you want an average hotel at a decent price this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed: July 2006
11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 16, 2006

My husband and I stayed in the Grand Plaza Hotel around the 2nd week of December. Most entertainment was shut down fof the winter. The traffic was almost none existance. The hotel was clean, nice and comfortable. The employees were very friendly and helpful. We would definately staythere again and recommend it highly.

• Stayed: December 2005
6  Thank gail1274
Reviewed March 4, 2006

Friendly staff and with an internet coupon, our room rate was $59.00, so excellent bargain. Location a plus too.

Stayed: March 2006