“Not a luxury hotel!”

Grand Plaza Hotel Branson
Ranked #53 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is not a luxury hotel, as it is advertised. The rooms are small and ordinary. The pool is small and ordinary. There are only 2 elevators for the entire hotel, one of which doesn't work properly and they are sooooo slow. The only thing this hotel has going for it is the breakfast, which is not great, but is convenient and available.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank linda R

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I stayed at this hotel as part of a convention, and I was very pleased with it. The rooms and the beds were great, the wireless worked fine, and -- best of all -- the breakfast was impeccable: biscuits and gravy, eggs and sausage, grits and some unbelievably good hash browns; a waffle iron; fruit and yogurts; etc. Nothing ever came close to running out; the staff worked it beautifully. My group was treated very well. The bar is great, and reasonable, too.

The one drawback is the slowness of the elevators. They're terrible. I saw one man have to wait three elevator cycles for him to be able to get on it when it passed by his floor. Worse, the top floor (where the breakfasts and conventions were) was inaccessible by stairs. So to travel from floor 8 to 9 it might take 1 - 5 minutes. That beside, the hotel is fantastic, save a relatively lackluster view.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
GrandPlazaMgr, Front Office Manager at Grand Plaza Hotel Branson, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review the Grand Plaza! I'm glad to hear your group enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will return to visit us again!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Had a great stay. Room was comfortable, with very little outside noise. Staff was very friendly. Great view of the mountains while eating the buffet breakfast each morning. They did have some issues with the elevators while we were there. We did have to walk downstairs at one point to leave the hotel, but they were operating when we returned from our day out. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We always like to stay at the Plaza when going to Branson. The beds are comfy, rooms are clean and the staff is always friendly and very helpful. The food is excellent, both breakfast and dinner. We enjoyed visiting with the owner of the restaurant, and learned he is a former professional baseball player. You pay a little more for the room, but they pay attention to details, plus the breakfast makes up for the difference. It is a wonderful place to stay in Branson.

Room Tip: we were on the 5th floor and had an excellent view of the strip
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review the Grand Plaza! We're pleased to hear you appreciated all the work we put into making our breakfast worthwhile for you.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

My family and I had quite a few issues upon checking in the hotel. The older lady working at the front desk needs to learn how to treat customers better. In my opinion she was not very nice at all when I checked in. We had to move rooms three different time before the hotel staff got things correct. We have been loyalty members for about 4-5 years and this was the worst stay that we have had. I think that when we come to Branson next time we will decide to stay somewhere else.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I had 2 rooms for my family. july2-8. I reserved the second room for July 3-8th. i needed to add an extra day for my room, and booked and paid for it online, the staff then tried to charge me for that room when i left. I had to log on to their computer, pull up all my reservations, print them, to prove that i paid for 2 rooms for 6 nights each, because they could not find my reservation thru their paperwork. having already paid 900 for 6 nights, i surely did not want to add another 100 plus. this was very inconveniant for me and my family and i at check out. On july 5th, the fire alarms went off in hotel. i was outside, so i didnt know, but my husband came out later, and said they were going off, and had he not left the rooms, he would not have known, because he could not hear it in the room. he actually thought it was the elevator stuck, because of course they would not work with fire alarms, so he walked down the stairs, still not knowing it was a fire alarm until he got to main level. we still had one of our teenagers in the other room, unaware of any alarm going off, because as i said, u could not hear them. so we had to rush up the stairs, and get her. UNBEILIEVABLE!!!!! come to find out it was just thier boiler room overheating, because no air-conditioning in the kitchen on the 9th floor. room servers were bringing food to people who ordered earlier in the day, complaining it was like 112 in the kitchen, made me sick thinking of sweat all over my food, and these poor people working in those conditions. they did not get the elevators running till like 2 in the morning, so anybody wanting to go back to their rooms had to travel up to 8 floors, using the stairs. there was a poor older lady in lobby with a pacemaker, she couldnt make it that far, her meds were in her room, and rather than give her a different room, and get her things, she was made to sit in the lobby for hours. I got in the hot tub, and a tiny spash of water got in my eyes, and it burned terribly and immediatly, i couldnt even open it for awhile. I own a pool, and its always clean, and never requires chlorination so bad that it burns anybody the way this pool and hot tub did. the breakfast was ok, it was free, but if it did cost, i would not have bought it forsure. the staff and the young man and lady who cleaned our rooms daily were great. the staff at check out on the eighth, were not however, or should i say just the one young lady, who accussed me of not paying and made me look up and print my proof of purchase for this establishment. there are so many nifty mom and pop places aand other places to stay in branson, stay away from this place!!!!!!! Oh yes there is not a vent in bathroom, i read other reviews and the manager said if you hold a tissue to it it sucks the tissue to it......WRONG!!!!!! I had to go buy a can of air freshner, because everytime someone used the bathroom, it stunk up the whole room for hours..not good

7  Thank seedls36
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We are currently on a road trip a crossed the united states starting from Allentown , PA . This hotel was by far the best soo far on our journey and it allowed us easy access to the strip ! :) perfect location , awesome pool , clean rooms , the "bomb" breakfast with live entertainment , and great service !! I could LIVE here !!! Planning on stopping back here on the way back from our road trip ! :)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your review! We're pleased to be a part of your road trip. We look forward to you coming back to visit us!