“Great rooms, but missing advertised ammenities”

Econo Lodge at Thousand Hills
Ranked #62 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Dallas, Texas
“Great rooms, but missing advertised ammenities”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

When I travel with my son and my mother I look for two things in a hotel; a pool and a hot tub. This hotel advertised both, had great reviews, and great prices. So we went with it. Check in was normal, with a very friendly lady, but she also didn't mention what the website had failed to mention, that the pool and hot tub were out of order. I did not know this until I had already lugged all our luggage up to our room. No elevator. :( The room was very clean and I'm sure we would have enjoyed our stay, had the pool been open. As it was, we immediately called the front desk, and got a refund and stayed elsewhere.

I'm giving this place 3 stars instead of 1 or 2 because of two things. The great staff and the clean rooms. I just wish the website and front desk had thought to inform people of the missing advertised amenities prior to reservation/check in.

Room Tip: Make sure the pool and hot tub are open before you reserve.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DeletingAccount123
Jennifer A, Public Relations Manager at Econo Lodge at Thousand Hills, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear SimplyTisha, Thank you for the positive feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry about the confusion on the pool & hot tub. We take great pride in keeping the hotel facility in proper working order and require our maintenance team to do routine checks. During the time of your visit the pool was getting a fresh coat of paint. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly next time to make sure we get you the correct information. It sounds like our staff tried to accomodate your needs and we are very grateful you came to see us. We look forward to your return visit to Branson, Missouri.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Saint Louis
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed here again this past weekend. Glad nothing has changed. Staff is wonderful.....rooms are very clean.....location is great. Only disappoints were that the pool was not open....was being painted when we arrived on Friday. Also the trash cans near the stairwells were always overflowing with garbage. Otherwise will stay here again soon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank RickFSt_LouisMO_USA
Jenks, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My mom and Daughter and I stayed at the Econo Lodge and we were there June 2 through the 4th and the people there was friendly and the rooms were clean and it was quiet too and I liked that. We even brought our dogs. We are not use to staying at a hotel but it was nice to just get away after having a rough 2 years. Thank you for your kindness and we plan on staying again.

Room Tip: I will be honest I thought this was a great friendly hotel it was close to everything too and I did...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tracey F
Saint Peter, Minnesota
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed for three nights (5-16,17,18) and were very pleased with the service and accomadations . Our room was immaculate and the refrigerator was really appreciated.
We are already looking forward to our yearly trip next year and for sure we will be staying at the ECONO LODGE!
We even got a nice note from the manager thinking us for staying. It was taped to our door with a print out of our charges, as we were leaving at 5 AM on Sunday.
N. P.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Nancy P
Monticello, Arkansas
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed 4 nights with reasonable rates. We own a shih tzu and they did not charge for our pet. We had a king size bedroom and it was very comfortable. Wished the shower had more power but I'm sure the pressure was to conserve water. This motel is located very close to the Thousand Hills Golf Course which my husband played there twice. The staff at the desk were very nice and friendly and the lady that cleaned our room saw us several times and asked if everything was satisfactory. We will probably stay there again this fall. We did not take advantage of their breakfast room because we enjoy eating out. Also they do not have an exercise facility and it was too early in the year to use the pool which looked small, but this was no problem for us.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kay C
Vidalia, La
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We were here for our anniversary for three nights and Laurie upgraded us to a jacuzzi suite, which was much appreciated. We stayed in most of the time except to go to the shows, because it was snowing. The room was clean and the housekeeper was very attentive. Their sign says the breakfast is great. I would not say it is great but rather that it is substainable. They do not have meat or eggs with the breakfast, but do have fruit, waffles, cereal, and biscuits with white gravy, toast with peanut buttter and jelly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Skamper73
STURGEON
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stayed here during this month's trip to Silver Dollar City.

Very friendly service. I have a handicapped daughter and the room was perfectly located on the ground floor.

The room was in almost perfect condition. There was one loose outlet which I reported when I left and I am sure they have already fixed it.
I was impressed by the WiFi. The signal was strong and did not slow down any at all with all of us using it. My granddaughter had a tablet, my daughter had a tablet, my wife had a tablet and a cell phone, and I had a tablet and a laptop. At one point I was watching my favorite show on Netflix , working on my ebook while having a Skype Video call with my other daughter at the same time. (We had to use Skype because the AT&T carrier signal too weak to use. Our no-contract Tracphone backup cellphone worked fine!)

The breakfast was above average and kept well-stocked. There were doughnuts, waffles, biscuits and gravy, bread you could toast, cereals, oatmeal, juices, milk, coffee, and tea. They had one thing I almost never see anywhere. They had sugar-free syrup! As I am a diabetic, this was much appreciated. With the variety of items they had, I was able to have a good breakfast and not just watch the family eat like I often have to do!

Room Tip: The Kids Activities and Restaurant ratings are bogus..I could not figure out how to erase an acciden...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family