“Nice for the price”

Ranked #64 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Norman, Oklahoma
“Nice for the price”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

My wife and I stayed with our three teenage daughters at the Bluegreen Falls Village over a recent 4-day weekend (late October). We had one one-bedroom suite plus an adjoining studio room for the girls. The units we had shared a common entryway that also enclosed a utility closet with full-size washer-dryer.

Our one-bedroom condo was clean and quite spacious and was obviously designed for access for those with disabilities and/or wheelchair use. The only 'cramped' area was the tiny corner-style shower stall in the master bath. Off-setting that was a huge two-person jacuzzi bath in the master bedroom. The furnishings in general were on the low-end side but functional with the exception of an extremely uncomfortable sofa (for sitting, at least - it was a sleeper-sofa). There was, however, a nice large flat-screen TV in the living area and a smaller one in the bedroom and the studio.

The bathrooms and kitchen were clean and well-stocked (only one night's worth of coffee supplied, but we bought our own so that wasn't an issue). Kitchen was surprisingly well-appointed with coffee-maker, microwave, blender - the works! Refrigerator had an icemaker that worked well. Plenty of towels and extra toilet paper and such. Of course being a condo there was no daily maid service so you're using the same linens your entire stay, but so what? At the end of your stay you strip your own bed and pile your towels in the bathroom and take out the trash - a small price to pay IMO.

Although the unit was a little difficult to locate, in the end it was a great location - far enough away from 'The Strip' to be nice and peaceful, but close enough to get to just about anything pretty easily. To give you an idea, it is on the south-west side of town just off of Hwy 165 and about a mile south of the 'Yellow Route' (Green Mtn. Dr.). There was a convenient Sonic just up the street, and also a little shopping mall that had a fantastic Japanese-style restaurant (Shogun Steak & Sushi - recommended!) and also a Shorty Small's just to the south. Just north on 165 is the Yellow Route, and a little further north is the Hwy 76 'Strip' - east to Branson proper and west to Silver Dollar City. So overall a very good location, depending on what you're there to do.

My main complaint about this property besides the somewhat cheesy furnishing and spartan decor is the noise from adjoining rooms. We were on the lowest floor and could hear the slightest footsteps from the room above us. I'm sure the folks above weren't 'stomping around', but any walking around was heard loud and clear. Depending on how many people are in the room (I think I saw 5 people going in there once), it gets pretty noisy. Just be aware. And as someone else mentioned the heating & air unit wasn't exactly 'whisper quiet' - more like an airliner taking off. We used both the heat and the A/C while we were there and were able to stay comfortable - I'm sure being on the bottom floor helped in that regard.

The complex also had other amenities that we didn't use during our stay, such as a mini-golf course, sports court, pool tables, playground, etc. Overall a nice place with lots of large trees/shade and as I said fairly secluded.

I'd recommend this facility, with a caveat about the noise. Good value for the money.

Room Tip: To avoid noise, try to get a top-floor room, but be aware you'll be facing two flights of stairs...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Norman_Sooner

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
long island n.y.
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I visited this resort last week and it was a little disappointing I was told at the beginning that there would be an 8 dollar per day charge for wifi. After about the 4th day a guest told me that if i went into the lobby there was no charge. Why couldn't that information be given upon arrival. I was also told there would be a 75 cent charge for each additional pack of coffee provided in the room. Also be prepared to carry your own luggage as there is no one to assist and if you are on the 2nd level no elevator. The walls are paper thin so if you get noisy neighbors you are out of luck.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank limaestro1
Mississippi
Reviewed October 17, 2011

My husband and I spent a few days in Branson for our wedding anniversary; we stayed at the Falls Village Resort in a 2 bedroom villa/condo which was all they had available at the time. It was a superb place to stay. The unit was like any condo; kitchen, 2 baths, dining area, living area, laundry room and two bedrooms. It was located just off the main drag in Branson... behind ShowGuns' Japanese Steakhouse. It was a quiet place...although the view wasn't so grand, the accomodations easily made up for it. The unit was very modern..including fireplace, large jacuzzi tub and large screen televisions in two different rooms. We were able to take in several late night shows and ten minutes later be in our room. It was fantastic!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank fireball92771
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed September 15, 2011

The studio I was in was very nice. It was clean and comfortable. However, the resort (timeshare) nickel dimes you. Keep in mind this timeshare charges owners hundreds of dollars for taxes and maintenance fees for each week used per unit. Then they have the nerve to charge you for wifi at about $7.00 a day or $30.00 for 7 days per each device connected. Even the cheapest motel in Branson has it for free. Need to print out a airline boarding pass? No problem as long as you don't mind swiping your credit card and spending 35 cents a minute to do so in the club house. They have three free internet stations in the same club house but none connected to a printer. Regardless, I could not get online because it wouldn't accept my confirmation number as indicated. Need a second soap packet for the washer, no problem, it's just 75 cents and so on.

I managed to avoid the sales team calling themselves the "concierge" when I checked in by walking out the door rather than "now please step over there and finish your check in and see the conceaire for your vacation package"

Two left, but unanswered phone messages later from the so called concierge, they gave up.

Other than irking me with the absurdity of how cheap they are the studio was nice, the grounds nice and the common areas clean. The staff friendly.

Room Tip: There are much beeter places to stay in the area.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank marci477
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Before booking at Falls Village, I called to make sure the resort offered free WIFI througout the resort with good signal strength. Even though I'm on vacation, I need daily access for my job. I was assured they did, then I booked a 4 night stay. Upon arrival, they offered wifi through ATT at a cost of $8 per day! I called the front desk, spoke to a "manager" and was told try Panera Bread for free Wifi! Talk about starting off on the right foot!

The unit had a view of the parking lot and only one window, even though it was an end unit. We had a perpetual mud puddle in front of the entrance from the resorts attempt to grow grass by watering dirt. The hydrant if fron of our unit was crooked with about 3 different color paints on it. The vents were dusty, the carpet was frayed in spots. The sheets did not have the 'just washed" smell, but other than that it was relatively clean
Then, our condo had someone check in next door. Which is fine, but the walls were the absolute thinnest I've EVER encountered. I could hear my neighbors conversation clearly. I could hear everything......even the sound of someone placing a fork on a plate...I'm not kidding! I couldn't believe it.

The outdoor pool area was nice. It was kept clean and the water was clear with a max depth of 3'. The excercise room was very small, with about 6 bikes/treadmills jammed in. Good enough though in my opinon. Didn't play the on site mine golf, but many vacationers did and seemed to be having a good time. The basketball hoop was crooked and the resort supplied basketballs that were worn smooth.

Since this is a timeshare resort, we received several calls to take the tour and receive a $75 debit card for our trouble. After the gal assured me it was no longer than 90 minutes we said, "why not, we'll have dinner on the resort!". Well, the whole event lasted nearly 3 hours, with the resort making us drive into town to get the prepaid debit card......really? A regretable decision for sure.

I probably wouldn't stay there again but I am rating it "average" based on what I paid. If I had paid the advertised $134-147 a night, it would have been poor/terrible. So, if you get a deal and don't mind paper thin walls, give it a go.

Room Tip: Paper thin walls.......hope you and your neighbor is on the same sleep schedule!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hawkhunter1
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Very nice condo, we had a one bedroom. We were pleased to find that extra toilet paper, towels and washclothes had been provided, we stayed at another resort in Branson last year and had to go out and purchase extra toilet paper. The staff that handled our check were helpful and changed our condo from a lower level condo to one that we could walk right into due to my husband having some mobility difficulties. We will visit again, we had a great time at the pool and the condo was very comfortable and spaceous.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank sunnymo05
Mountain View, Arkansas
Reviewed July 6, 2011

We LOVED our stay here! VERY clean, great staff! Only complaint was there was no free wireless internet! You could use the computers in the lobby, but the wireless was ATT wifi and had to have a wifi account. Other than that, WONDERFUL PLACE! We had a corner apartment, A and B. Which is a Studio apartment attached to the one bedroom apartment. In the entrance way there was a shared laundry room with a full size washer and dryer! There was 4 adults, 2 teenagers, and 2 toddlers and there was PLENTY of room for everyone! The large table and open kitchen made a very spacious area. The jacuzzi tub was great! The decor was nice, sheets weren't softest I've ever had but not bad. Pool wasn't deep, but good sized. Hot tub was good and private. Free putt putt golf, steam room, and really nice workout room. Also tv, computers and pool table in the lobby! We will be going back SOON!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family