“Not Great”

Residence Inn Branson
Ranked #91 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We made our reservations for a two-bedroom unit. We were meeting my best friend and her husband whom we haven't seen in four years. When we arrived there was no manager anywhere on the property and even though we had been told we could split the charges upon check in with no problem the lady who checked us in said it all had to go on one card along with a $20 per day charge for incidentals. So she placed over $500 on our debit card and said we could split the charges at check out but the $500 would be held on our card until our bank decided to release it. She then proceeded to put us in a room in the basement level telling us it was a beautiful room and we would never know we were in the basement. Upon getting into the room the smell in the room was so bad and even after housekeeping sprayed it was still terrible and being in the basement the wifi did not work. There were no more two bedrooms available to move to but thankfully by that time Amy was on duty and she did a wonderful job trying to solve our issue. She moved us to two one-bedroom units on the second floor where the wifi worked and where the rooms smelled clean instead of like dead fish. It wasn't perfect but thanks to Amy for being so great and doing everything she could to fix the problem.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
ResidenceInn_13, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Branson, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel, we appreciate getting all the feedback we can from our guests so that we can continue to improve our services. I do apologize for the inconvenience of everything during your stay. We are currently looking into the wifi issues that you experienced. I am very glad that Amy was able to assist you and help you with the rest of your stay. We will relay all of the comments in your review to our entire staff. Thank you again for your comments and for staying with us! I hope you will consider us for your next stay in Branson, we would love the chance to host your family again!

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Our Legion Post has a POW/MIA lettered truck that we enter into the Veterans Day parade. My wife and I and another couple stayed at this Residence Inn. I like their location. Away from the main roads in a wooded area. The parking lot was clean and the landscaping well-managed. Check-in staff made us very welcome. On the way to our room, I noticed outside a nicely built hardscape area with a gas fireplace in the middle..We made use of this very relaxed area the next 2 days. Our room was clean and per my request at all Marriott's I stay were the extra pillows on the bed. I went to the pool in the evening. Plenty of pool towels. The pool was a little of the cool side and the hot tub was only about 90 degrees. I mentioned this to the desk attendant, and she said she would pass on my complaint. I went back to the pool the next evening and the water in the hot tub was warmed up to a normal hot tub. It 's not true of all motels where they have pool maintenance personnel on duty on a Sunday. On Monday morning I asked the lady at the check-in if we could get a couple clean rags to wipe the dust off our black truck before we went to the parade. She was very obliging and even came outside as I was cleaning the truck to see if I needed anything more. The breakfast buffet was good. The eating area was quite crowded, but there was plenty of food and a very pleasant atmosphere. The Inn is quite old but it is clean, presentable, good food, and friendly staff, good beds(I have seriously thought about buying a Marriott bed)-very comfortable. We left very satisfied.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
ResidenceInn_13, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Branson, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Thank you so much for your great comments on our hotel, we appreciate you taking the time to let us and everyone know about your great experience you had with us! We are very fortunate to have such a great team to work with here! We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future! Thank you again!

Reviewed November 22, 2013

We stayed for three day with our family and our friend and their family and it was a great stay. We had a fantastic experience and a great time. I would like to thank Neill Larson for being helpful and making my whole trip enjoyable. The food for breakfast was great and had different varieties. The rooms were clean and the room service and even better.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
ResidenceInn_13, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Branson, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thank you so much for your great comments about your stay with us! We certainly enjoyed having you, and we really appreciate you taking the time to tell everyone about experience with us here at the hotel! Thank you again and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I have stayed at this Residence Inn several times through the years and have always had a fantastic experience. I returned this past weekend and was surprised how much the wear and tear of so many guests has taken on the rooms. Our room door was hard to lock and secure and left about a 1" crooked gap at the top. We could hear every noise from the hallway. The kitchenette area was great and handy. The living area was okay at best as we all had to sit against the wall in order to watch tv. Still, this was livable. The bathroom was just ok. Reminded me of an old style Motel from the 1960s....didn't feel that way in the past visits. The bedroom....definitely needs a new mattress. The lobby and grounds were very good. The breakfast and service was fabulous. Take away the door, bathroom and bed and it was a great place to stay. But who wants to stay in a room - 213 - with a broken door, old style bathroom, and a needs replaced mattress? I'll give them one more chance my next trip there in a few months but I won't stay in the same room!

Room Tip: Avoid room 213 at all costs!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
ResidenceInn_13, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Branson, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments! And we really appreciate you staying with us so often! I have great news about our beds-we just replaced every mattress in the hotel last week-so your next stay with us you will have the most comfortable bed ever! We now have brand new Serta Sleepers in every room. We are also looking into some options on fixing the door to your room, I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay because of this, we appreciate your feedback so we are able to get this fixed right away. We are looking forward to you staying with us again, and I know you will enjoy your next stay even more!

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Hotel is clean and well cared for as it is a little older than the average Residence Inn. Off the beaten path of Branson but convenient enough to get around. The staff is very friendly but during a busy breakfast you might want to take your meal back to your room as the seating area is small. The WiFi is free but you will find that many websites including TripAdvisor.com, Kayak.com and several others are blocked by the hotel server. This can be cleared by contacting the help desk but remember the pass is only good for 24 hours when the server resets so you will have to call again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
ResidenceInn_13, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Branson, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments on our hotel! We appreciate the feedback and we are looking into the issues you had with the wi-fi, we were not aware of any blocks and we will check into that. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and our location, it is handy to be away from all of that traffic sometimes! Thank you again and we hope to see you return and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

There is nothing wrong with this place but it is more dated than most Residence Inns that we have stayed. The breakfast was good with a large variety however there was not adequate seating. The fire pit was nice and we did use the pool but the pool needs attention. The bed was comfortable and I love the heat light in the bathroom, but it was dated and could use a facelift.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
ResidenceInn_13, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Branson, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Thank you so much for your review, we appreciate all of the feedback we get from our guests. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We are continually working on improving our property here. We did just recently have some updates done with granite countertops & stainless steel appliciances, & we are looking at the possibility of another renovation next year! Thank you so much for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We have stayed at this residence inn several times. It is great for a family, there breakfast is really good my kids love it. We also enjoy their swimming pool. We always love the rooms and size of the rooms. The staff have always been helpful and courteous

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
ResidenceInn_13, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Branson, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate our return guests so much! It means alot that you keep coming back to see us! We look forward to seeing you again soon!