“Bad Cancellation Policy - Ripoff”

Still Waters Resort
Ranked #30 of 140 Hotels in Branson
United States
“Bad Cancellation Policy - Ripoff”
Reviewed July 23, 2009

I recently made reservations again (return customer) and paid my deposit. I reserved 4 nights. I called recently to change on date (not cancel). I was going to arrive a day earlier and leave a day earlier. I was still planning on staying the same number of days.

I was told I could reserve a room for the day earlier but would still have to pay for the day I reserved, but would not be staying at the resort (over $400).

I have stayed here before and regularly spend over $2000 there in rooms, boat rental, jet skis, etc. and they have the nerve to make me pay for a night that I won't even be staying there.

No flexiblitly, zero customer service, and zero exceptions.

I am looking for a new resort to vacation to in Branson. I have stayed at many places while traveling and have had to make slight changes to my reservation and have never been treated like I was at this resort.

It is certainly not that nice of a place to believe they can treat customers like this and expect they will return.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank bransonveteran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed July 21, 2009

Still Waters Resort is the absolute best place to stay in Branson and a great vacation spot. Rooms are nice, comfortable and clean. Love the location. We could swim down at the dock or at any of the 3 pools. Super close to Silver Dollar City as well as Branson itself. I have been coming here with my family since I was in High School (10 years ago) and as an adult I still love this place. I've made a lot of memories with my family and wouldnt go anywhere else.

Virginia
Reviewed July 21, 2009

Fantastic location with excellent access to Tablerock lake. Affordable prices that includes use of 3 clean and up to date pools, boat ramps and docks, lighted boat trailer storage, clean and picturesque grounds, and convenient daily towel exchange. Staff is friendly and very helpful. Bay Side Market is a nice addition that stocks a variety of products and serves pizza to order (which was enjoyed by all ages). Still Waters Resort is located conveniently close to Branson attractions but, at the same time, is a quiet, safe resort where families can relax and enjoy the natural surroundings. They offer a variety of updated water craft for rental. My family has been vacationing here for years and looks forward to continuing to enjoy all that Still Waters has to offer.

1 Thank lovetoski41
corn country, Illinois
Reviewed July 21, 2009

Great place to just kick back and relax! We've been vacationing in the Branson area for 18 years and have yet to find a better resort than Stillwaters. During the daylight hours we spend a considerable amount of time on Table Rock Lake; in the evening we enjoy gathering together as a family in the large spacious condo rooms for dinner and conversation while the kids frolic at the "slide" pool. Silver Dollar City is just a short 5 minute drive up the road and the other Branson attractions are just a few minutes further. Our kids LOVE the cinnamon rolls (and pizzas) from the convenient Bayside Market; and the staff at Stillwaters is always helpful and attentive. Overall I think we most appreciate the quite, family-friendly, clean, safe atmosphere that Stillwaters provides. We've already booked our space for next year!

Kansas City, MO.
Reviewed July 19, 2009

My husband and our four kids (ranging in age from 1-9) recently stayed at the Still Waters Resort and were not wowed, yet not disappointed. We were late booking our accomodations for our week long vacation in Branson and Still Waters was not our first choice, but rather what we settled on after unsuccessfully finding lodging at Big Cedar. The staff was very helpful when I called but not overly friendly. I was told that there was a minimum 3-night stay policy towards the end of the booking process which wasn't a problem for us, but for someone unaware this could have been a serious waste of time. That should definitely be upfront information for any potential guest and didn't feel as though they thought it so. Upon check-in things seemed rather rushed but this was overshadowed by the pleasant nature and attentiveness of an employee named Connie who was happy to give me a map of the area and divulge (quite useful, actually) information and directions to area attractions that I mentioned we might be interested in. The grounds were quite spacious and the atmosphere was very family/kid friendly as advertised. We towed our boat along and liked that the slip rental was very reasonable at $12/day as compared to Big Cedar's 20. We stayed in a "Luxury Lakefront Condo w/whirlpool". The condo's furnishings were a bit outdated and rather boring but is was clean and everyone in our 6-person family had ample space. Something I was very displeased with was the gnat problem. Perhaps this isn't the case with all the rooms, I don't know. I do know that there were gnats buzzing all around the kitchen area of the condo we stayed in when we got there and we still saw them when we left. All-in-all the place is pretty average. It's a good place for kids with the 3 pools and array of free amenities, is very accessible to Table Rock and Silver Dollar City, and is minutes from Branson. Being located right on the lake is what really makes the place what it is. Personally speaking, if you were to take the lake away I'm afraid it would loose all class and attractability.

1 Thank wfamilyof6
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed July 19, 2009

Booked a 5 day trip for three families; kids ages 1-15, young adults and some oldies like me...Had an absolutely incredible experience. Customer service was priority one with this resort which began when I called to book the trip. Kind of last minute for a peak time of year (July). Receptionist worked very hard with me to find three units that would work. Once there we couldn't have been more pleased. Units are large, clean and well equipped. Great views and proximity to the lake. Our kids couldn't get enough of the pools...large one with all depths, waterfall and large hot tub; smaller one with water tube slide. Marina is a blast...free kayaks, tubes and paddle boats. Ski and Pontoon boats for rent. Marina staff had wonderful attitudes and worked hard to help everyone out (even with younger kids fishing from dock...). Rented a pontoon boat for a day and had a blast on the lake; swam and fished in the coves, tubed as well...again, staff couldn't have been more accommodating. Just down the road from Silver Dollar City, not much longer to Branson...we did both but frankly would probably been just as happy never leaving the resort. Absolutely perfect for family vacation...we will definitely be back!!

Kansas
Reviewed July 19, 2009

After reading all of the wonderful reviews about this resort, we couldn't wait to spend our vacation at Still Waters. However- when we got there we were somewhat disappointed. I guess we had expected something spectacular for the price we were paying. Like the last two reviews said- you could stay at a beachfront property for what you pay to stay here. We stayed a studio in one of the older buildings. The carpet was VERY worn, the comforters looked stained, the TV is small, and the bathroom set-up is awful. While they've redone the sinks with nice granite type counters, the sink is outside of the bathroom- right as you walk into your room. It has a very small countertop, so not much room to spread out your toiletries, etc. I found this to be a real pain, as most hotels you can get ready in the bathroom and spread out your things on the counter. We did enjoy the pools and the kids loved the slide. The Oasis area is nice and works well for small children. Older children tend to like the pool with the slide. The playground is nice and the docks were perfect for the kids to fish off of. The grounds down around the lake aren't maintained as well as up around the condominiums. Overall, it's a good location and the outdoor amenities are great for a family with kids. The main problem with this resort is the overpriced rooms. When you're paying close to $200 a night for a room, you expect it to be really nice. They may have reasonable rates off season, but during the peak of summer they are WAY too high for what you're getting.