Our family of 5 and a friend (2 parents and kids ages 18, 17, 12 and 7) stayed at Still Waters for 4 nights in a two bedroom, two bath condo-style room. I had called the resort directly prior to making the reservations to find they were limited on the amount of rooms available. Since I was able to get a good deal through Travelocity I took my chances that way expecting to be placed in one of the interior buildings (no lake view). However, when we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised to find that we had been booked in Building J on the 3rd floor with a private deck overlooking the marina.
My initial thoughts of the complex was not too impressive as I was expecting a really private resort type atmosphere. Because they have crammed so many places to stay on the point of the lake, the resort buildings and pools are intertwined with what appeared to be vacation rental homes. However, our condo was very well furnished and the kitchen was stocked with everything I needed for meal preps that week. The deck was a decent size with large table and chairs. The only down side was early in the morning while trying to relax with a cup of coffee, I was able to hear the chatty women in the room either to the side or above/below us and their constant comings and goings in and out of the sliding glass doors. And I could smell their cigarettes. Blah.... Anyway, I survived and the rest of the time spent on the deck (not a lot) was pleasant as we could watch the kids at the marina swimming in the lake. The master bath was huge with shower and soaker/jet tub. The second bathroom was nice also. The only downside to that was that both bathrooms were inside of the bedrooms which made it a little awkward for any guests staying on the pull out in the living room. Again, inconvenient but not that bad. There was a large comfortable couch and loveseat in the living area as well as a hidden pull-down full-size bed. This was perfect for our family guest. We left the bed made and just folded it back in the wall in the mornings. Extra linens, blankets and pillows were in the closets. The condo was furnished nicely and comfortably but not with high-end details. Probably the best part of this condo was the stacked washer and dryer in the room! I was prepared and took my own detergent so I took advantage of them and went home from vacation with very little dirty laundry.
On the exterior, there are grills available on the ground level available on a first come/first serve basis. There are also elevators.
Good things to know:
- Guests are expected to keep their trash taken care of and replace their own linens. The trash bens were right beside the elevators and that was no problem at all. However, the towel exchange building was in the center of the complex and was only open from 8am to 2pm.
- A resort representative was supposed to great us after we checked in but because we checked in after hours, we were skipped over until 1 1/2 days later. She came to our room and brought coupons, maps, condo rules, etc. All of these would have been handy to have that first night as we were not aware of local restaurants a little further down the point.
- Before checking out, you will be required to clean the condo, take out trash, strip linens, sweep and vacuum and leave it as clean as you found it (with the exception of cleaning the bathroom surfaces).
- There are two pool areas that the kids loved! And, a marina with paddle boats, kayaks and cane fishing poles. We spent most of our time at the resort (instead of spending money on the strip). There is a schedule of events that are held there like little games for the kids. My 7 year old and I tried a paddle boat race (came in second and not bad for an out of shape 52 year old) and then he and the 17 year old tried the basketball shoot competition. Those were free and the kids had fun. If you don't see a schedule, ask for one. The down-side to all of this was you were required to wear (or carry on your person) an arm band the entire time so only resort guests will use the facilities. The kids had no problem with this but we did have to replace them at the office mid-stay. If you loose it, there is a $15 charge to receive a new one.
Location: The resort is on a lake point on the West side of Branson on the same road as Silver Dollar City. This was convenient the day we went to SDC as we were coming the opposite direction of the 4,000 other people coming off Hwy 76. There is a Dollar General Store within just a few minutes handy for sunscreen, sodas, etc. I had prepared and froze several meals to take from home so I did very little cooking (besides breakfast). However, there were some items I needed to get once we unpacked. There is a Wal-Mart about a 15 minute drive West so I was able to go there the first night and get all the supplies I did not carry with me. Because we did not know about the restaurants south of the resort, we drove to the Landing (East side of Branson) for our budgeted Dinner Out. Next time, I will be sure and try out the local diners. Getting to and from the center of Branson was never a problem. I also used the bypass hwys to get there and go home to avoid the strip traffic.
All in all, this was a nice trip. I was able to save costs by preparing ahead and having the conveniences of the condo versus a hotel and eating out every meal and the kids enjoyed their time at the swimming pool and lake (which was so clean and pretty) instead of all of the tourist traps in town. I do recommend it and would most likely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recommended by Better Homes & Gardens, Still Waters is your "complete destination resort" on beautiful Tablerock Lake. Just 2 miles from Silver Dollar City and close to all of Branson's shows. The resort features 1-4 bedroom deluxe condos, cottages and suites as well as 3 outdoor pools, hot tubs, kiddie pools and the New "Zume the Flume," a water slide adventure. Our new marina offers boat rentals, jet skis, bass boats and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Still Waters Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Still Waters Hotel Branson
- Still Water Condominium Resort