“Family Fun Outside of the Strip”

Still Waters Resort
Ranked #30 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Arkansas
“Family Fun Outside of the Strip”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Our family of 5 and a friend (2 parents and kids ages 18, 17, 12 and 7) stayed at Still Waters for 4 nights in a two bedroom, two bath condo-style room. I had called the resort directly prior to making the reservations to find they were limited on the amount of rooms available. Since I was able to get a good deal through Travelocity I took my chances that way expecting to be placed in one of the interior buildings (no lake view). However, when we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised to find that we had been booked in Building J on the 3rd floor with a private deck overlooking the marina.

My initial thoughts of the complex was not too impressive as I was expecting a really private resort type atmosphere. Because they have crammed so many places to stay on the point of the lake, the resort buildings and pools are intertwined with what appeared to be vacation rental homes. However, our condo was very well furnished and the kitchen was stocked with everything I needed for meal preps that week. The deck was a decent size with large table and chairs. The only down side was early in the morning while trying to relax with a cup of coffee, I was able to hear the chatty women in the room either to the side or above/below us and their constant comings and goings in and out of the sliding glass doors. And I could smell their cigarettes. Blah.... Anyway, I survived and the rest of the time spent on the deck (not a lot) was pleasant as we could watch the kids at the marina swimming in the lake. The master bath was huge with shower and soaker/jet tub. The second bathroom was nice also. The only downside to that was that both bathrooms were inside of the bedrooms which made it a little awkward for any guests staying on the pull out in the living room. Again, inconvenient but not that bad. There was a large comfortable couch and loveseat in the living area as well as a hidden pull-down full-size bed. This was perfect for our family guest. We left the bed made and just folded it back in the wall in the mornings. Extra linens, blankets and pillows were in the closets. The condo was furnished nicely and comfortably but not with high-end details. Probably the best part of this condo was the stacked washer and dryer in the room! I was prepared and took my own detergent so I took advantage of them and went home from vacation with very little dirty laundry.

On the exterior, there are grills available on the ground level available on a first come/first serve basis. There are also elevators.

Good things to know:
- Guests are expected to keep their trash taken care of and replace their own linens. The trash bens were right beside the elevators and that was no problem at all. However, the towel exchange building was in the center of the complex and was only open from 8am to 2pm.
- A resort representative was supposed to great us after we checked in but because we checked in after hours, we were skipped over until 1 1/2 days later. She came to our room and brought coupons, maps, condo rules, etc. All of these would have been handy to have that first night as we were not aware of local restaurants a little further down the point.
- Before checking out, you will be required to clean the condo, take out trash, strip linens, sweep and vacuum and leave it as clean as you found it (with the exception of cleaning the bathroom surfaces).
- There are two pool areas that the kids loved! And, a marina with paddle boats, kayaks and cane fishing poles. We spent most of our time at the resort (instead of spending money on the strip). There is a schedule of events that are held there like little games for the kids. My 7 year old and I tried a paddle boat race (came in second and not bad for an out of shape 52 year old) and then he and the 17 year old tried the basketball shoot competition. Those were free and the kids had fun. If you don't see a schedule, ask for one. The down-side to all of this was you were required to wear (or carry on your person) an arm band the entire time so only resort guests will use the facilities. The kids had no problem with this but we did have to replace them at the office mid-stay. If you loose it, there is a $15 charge to receive a new one.

Location: The resort is on a lake point on the West side of Branson on the same road as Silver Dollar City. This was convenient the day we went to SDC as we were coming the opposite direction of the 4,000 other people coming off Hwy 76. There is a Dollar General Store within just a few minutes handy for sunscreen, sodas, etc. I had prepared and froze several meals to take from home so I did very little cooking (besides breakfast). However, there were some items I needed to get once we unpacked. There is a Wal-Mart about a 15 minute drive West so I was able to go there the first night and get all the supplies I did not carry with me. Because we did not know about the restaurants south of the resort, we drove to the Landing (East side of Branson) for our budgeted Dinner Out. Next time, I will be sure and try out the local diners. Getting to and from the center of Branson was never a problem. I also used the bypass hwys to get there and go home to avoid the strip traffic.

All in all, this was a nice trip. I was able to save costs by preparing ahead and having the conveniences of the condo versus a hotel and eating out every meal and the kids enjoyed their time at the swimming pool and lake (which was so clean and pretty) instead of all of the tourist traps in town. I do recommend it and would most likely stay again.

Room Tip: Look at the resort map available on their website to choose the building to suit your needs.
5 Thank KellyDee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We booked on reserve Branson .com website. Paid for what we thought would be the best room at the resort.. Not even close. If you reserve a luxury lakefront jacuzzi 2 bedroom suite, don't think you will even get a view of the lake. We have 4 enormous oak trees between us and the lake, so the "great view" is of the parking lot. Spoke with front desk manager and was basically told it was our fault we should have booked through them and not through reserveBranson.com. Lesson learned. They said they were all booked up on the entire resort and could not move us. Found out renting one of their houses cost less than what we paid for a "parking lot view" room. The boat dock was very good, the boats were brand new. Staff was exceptional renting us our boat.

Room Tip: Make sure when you book to ask them, can I actually see the lake? It's not behind trees? Also ap...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Alan M, Front Office Manager at Still Waters Resort, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
ReserveBranson.com is an excellent third party travel agency that Still Waters Lakefront Resort is proud to be affiliated with. They handle reservations for a multitude of lakefront resorts in the Branson area which makes knowing the intricate details of each property very difficult. All of our land adjoins the Corp of Engineers / Table Rock Lake take line and the Conservation Department is committed to helping Mother Nature for the generations to follow. In addition to our many on site complimentary amenities and Marina, our customers frequently comment on our delightful views. Still Waters Resort offers a variety of room sizes and floor plans ranging from 400sq ft. motel rooms to 2400sq ft. 4 Bedroom Condos. We encourage all of our guests who have specific questions about our property to always contact us directly to confirm any unanswered questions. Our entire staff will always strive to satisfy the needs of each and every guest. Thank you for taking the time to submit this review.
Arkansas
Reviewed July 21, 2014

The hotel offered good customer service. The rooms were clean and quiet. The resort offered lots of activities for the whole family. We particularly enjoyed the pools and free kayaks. We also enjoyed a day on one of their pontoon boats that were available for rental.

3 Thank K T
Pender ne
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We have stayed at Still waters resort for 10 years. This year was my last. It is so very over priced! The location is great, but the rooms are getting run down with no new furniture for 10 years! The sleeper sofa is horrible! Stillwaters..... Please try to sleep on one of your sleeper sofas, maybe then you will replace them! The computers are always down and reservations are confused and double booked! Very disappointed!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank MamaStan
We greatly appreciate all reviews and strive for an amazing vacation experience for all of our guests each and every time they choose to stay. Our newest condo room additions were built in 2007 and since, Still Waters Lakefront Resort has spent over $1.5 million in renovations, updates and new furnishings. We strive to accommodate customer requests promptly and stock “all” replacement items necessary to do so. Our goal is to continue improvements and our customer's satisfaction is our greatest reward. Thank you for your feedback.
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We spent a week at the Still Waters Resort. Our room was clean and nice but a couple of comments : The room had some strange decor - may left over from the 70's. The chairs and tables were the high bar style not very comfortable or useful and they had two tables. Would have been nice to have another comfortable chair or two to sit in. The bathrooms were tiny -. Also not handicap friendly - at least in units A & B. That being said the resort is nice - Three pools - two designed with children in mind and the third a regular pool. ( I would suggest making the regular pool for adults only but all were nice. There is a small grocery store on Premises that also serves pizza and sub sandwiches. Great for when you don't want to cook or go out. The docks are also nice - you can rent boats - Ski Boats, Pontoons and Jet Skis. We rented the Jet Skis twice and they were a lot of fun. I would suggest trying the Lake House Restaurant that is nearby - It is a bar late at night but has great sandwiches. Overall it is a great vacation spot and only 20 minutes from all the Branson action.

Room Tip: All units are located near the lake and the pools
Granite Falls, Minnesota
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my husband and two boys -- 9 and 13. Lots of space for all of us. Very comfortable . . . . Nicely remodeled unit . . . We did have problems with our fridge but it was replaced immediately. The grounds and around the resort are very clean and nicely landscaped. We enjoyed hanging out at the pools and at the marina. My son loved fishing off the dock. The resort was further out of Branson than we realized but we had never been to this area of the country before.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank SWMNMomofboys
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Our stay at Still Waters made our vacation. It was our first time in Branson. The strip was okay but would have drove me crazy if we had stayed there for a week. Still Waters is on Indian Point, a peninsula about 10 minutes to the busy strip. It was perfect. During our week stay we visited the Strip, saw the Titanic museum, went zip lining, went to Silver Dollar City which is right up the street from Still Waters-you wont get lost, you don't even have to get on the highway( I would recommend going to Silver Dollar City on a Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday only). We got back most evenings around 4 or 5pm than had our choice of three pools or the lake to swim at. Our room 118, building E, was beautiful, 2 bedroom, washer and dryer in the condo. Right across the street from the park, basketball, volley ball. Fifty feet to the zoom slide pool where our 13 and 11 year old swam every night until 10pm, met tons of friends, also next to the game room, bicycles, market. Right outside our back door was another pool. The lake was about 2 1/2 blocks, which was fine, I didn't want the kids there without us. Its pretty deep water. The best part of our trip was renting a tri toon boat. Justin who work at the Marina was great, and patient. We had only been on a boat one time and never drove one before. He showed us how to do everything before we took off. We were over whelmed thinking we might get lost on the huge lake, we took it slow at first, looked at some landmarks, got a little lost once but it was really not big deal. We had too much fun. With gas, and we drove the boat the entire four hours we rented it, it cost $300, a little of a splurge for us but worth every penny. It was the best thing we did. After about ten minutes of getting used to the boat we let the kids go tubing, and try knee boarding. (I do recommend if you are new like me to boating to know how to swim and take the Missouri Boaters Education Course on line, its really easy to do on line and if you are born after 1980 something it is mandatory to have the $30 Missouri boaters certificate if you want to drive the boat. With an adult if you have your certificate you can drive the boat at age 14. I was born in 1974 so I didn't go through with purchasing the certificate but I did find the class very useful. Driving the boat was so easy, next year I will let my 14 year old drive once he has his certificate. Also the Missouri Boaters Safety Certificate is good in any waters in the US.). This hotel was known for kids activities but I do think young adults as well as couples would also enjoy it. And if you have kids check the daily activities bulletin. There are different things every day from kayak races, to basket ball and volley ball games you can sign up for. Also a bug eating nature walk, and potato sack race. Just different things you can sign up for if you want.

Room Tip: We loved Room 118 building E. It did not have a lake view but was about 1/2 block to a lake view an...
5 Thank Tonya826