We stayed six nights at the new Majestic condos overlooking Tablerock Lake and had a terrific experience. We chose the Majestic because we wanted a more upscale lakefront option and, having previously stayed at the Thousand Hills Golf Resort condos, we knew we could expect something nice. (FYI - YOU CHECK IN AT THOUSAND HILLS GOLF RESORT in case you are having trouble finding the address to the Majestic.) The units were way beyond what we had hoped for from the photos and video! We had a stunning and super clean (I am very picky) four bedroom for the [older!] adults and a two bedroom in the next building for the young adults. It worked out perfectly! Both condos were spacious, had gorgeous kitchens with granite counters, stainless appliances and plenty of nice dishes, serving pieces, etc. Plenty of towels in each bath (one bath for each bedroom - nice!) Brazillian wood floors I would love to have in my home! Lots of extra pillows, too. The four bdrm on the top floor (unit 408) had a spacious balcony with lots of seating and and a screened in sun porch with beautiful apholstered furniture and a gas fireplace! Of course we turned it into a bunk room with air matresses for three girls, creating a 5th bdrm, so we didn't get to enjoy it - but we had plenty of room. The 2 bdrm (unit 112) had really nice carpet throughout and a small patio on the ground floor that looked right at bushes and the lake. Both units had a pullout queen in the living room. Thousand Hills was great about the reservations and check in, and we did have maintenance come a couple times to fix a squeaky bed, but they were very responsive and pleasant. You also have access to all the ammenities at Thousand Hills Golf Resort - golf discounts and fitness center/pools if you want to go there for a day.
WHAT YOU'LL GET: a view of the lake, but there is some construction to look past if you are on the top floor. You'll look right at The Chateau on the Lake and their marina and some power lines - so it's not completely unobstructed. You can walk to the pool (very nice, but not enough lounge chairs...then again we were 19 people over the weekend so we sort of took it over!). Drive down to the dock for swimming and boating. The dock is the best part! It's brand new, really clean - not even any algea growing. We are used to Lake of the Ozarks, so we could not get over how CLEAN this lake is!!!
TIP: if you plan to rent a boat during the summer - make advance reservations. My brothers wanted to wait until we got there and see which days to rent - and eveyone was booked! The State Park marina is close by, but their boats and wave runners went first. We had to drive 30 minutes away to rent a ski boat on two different days.
1) great setting - brand new. Quiet - we were probably pretty loud at times with such a big group and had no complaints - and we never heard anyone else outside or through the walls.
2) on the lake (as much as you can be at Tablerock), but close enough to 76 (albeit some hilly, zig zag roads).
3) deluxe accomodations...from the leather furniture to the granite and really, really nice decor, free wireless...really top notch.
4) boat dock and pool - very clean, new and sparkly
NEGATIVES... a small laundry list of less than perfect things about the Majestic:
1) no recycling bin...some of our teens were heartbroken about the number of plastic bottles and cans we threw in the dumpster...does no one in Branson recycle?
2) only about six lounge chairs at the pool...about 10 or so regular chairs.
3) they advertised grills by the pool - however these are two, tiny grills in a patch of grass at the bottom of the hill behind the pool. We made the most of it by driving down, setting up chairs and a cooler and having our own little party - just looked kind of weird basically grilling in a parking lot. The first floor units have access to grills out their patios.
4) the 4 bdrm condo had a fourth bedroom by the front door (unfortunately ours since we got last pick!) that is basically a closet with a king size sleigh bed. We can't figure out for the life of us how they got that bed in there! I hit my head every day on the small flatscreen tv mounted on the wall. There is no dresser, just a tiny nightstand, so we lived out of a suitcase for a week that was crammed in a closet that you had to climb into to use - there was about 10" space between the bed and the closet and bathroom. Only one person at a time could pass through (impossible for my two daughters and I to get ready at the same time) and you couldn't even open the door without slamming into the bed. I came home with some nice bruises from the giant footboard you basically had to climb over to get to the closet). It was a little claustrophobic for my 6' 5" husband and me.
5) the big condo could have used better cookware - only one medium/large pot and a 10" aluminum pan with no handle. I didn't find a non-stick pan until our last day there! But we made some major meals (other families might have eaten out more or made sandwiches - not this crowd!)
6) the elevator was broken on Saturday, which was surely a bummer for folks moving in, but fixed by Sunday when we left.
7) maintence came twice to fix a broken bed in the upstairs/loft bedroom. We were underneath it - so it kept two couples awake everytime they rolled over or moved at all! They tried WD40 first, but it came back since it was a wood frame. We convinced maintenace to show up with screws and a drill and it was fixed for the remainder of our stay. They were very nice about it!
8) no fitness center but you can get a quite a workout walking to the dock (which will be uphill ALL the way back!)
Check out Thousand Hills website and click on lakefront condos! Have a great time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thousand Hills Golf Resort is a leading lodging provider in Branson, Missouri. In business over 20 years we have the consistency and quality to provide a vacation home away from home you will always remember. We offer nightly rental condos, cabins and lake condos with sizes & styles to accommodate all travelers from romantic getaways to family reunions. Our location puts us in the heart of all the shows, shopping & attractions the area has to offer. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- 1000 Hills Resort And Golf Club
- Thousand Hills Resort And Golf Club Hotel Branson
- Thousand Hills Branson