“Save your cabin experience for Gatlinburg, TN”

Thousand Hills Resort and Golf Club
Ranked #53 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed August 18, 2008

First of all, I hate being called a liar. Second, I hate crooks. I made my reservation with Megan for a 2 bedroom cabin and she told me that I would get the "special" rate of $169 per night. I booked the cabin for 2 nights with the grand total quoted as $378.90. Done. Okay, Friday night we arrive and at check-in were told we had been reserved a 2 bedroom condo. The gentleman explained that "she", whoever "she" was, had gone in and changed our reservation because something was "wrong" with the cabin that Megan had originally reserved. After working all week and driving 200+ miles to have a nice stay AND agreeing to spend that kind of money, the last thing you want to hear is that your reservation is not available. We finally got what we reserved. Unfortunately, that was not the end of our battles at the front desk. On Sunday, at check-out time, an extra $34 per night was added to our bill. When I inquired about the extra charge, I was told "she" added it but was given no explanation why? I reminded the gentleman at the front desk of our original quoted rate which was the same rate we agreed to at check-in. He didn't want to take me for my word, so I had to go back to my car and retrieve the original quote I had been emailed after I made the reservation. I'm not sure what crazy nonsense is going to show up on my credit card statement, but if you insist on staying at this facility, make sure and keep all your original price quotes and emails.
The cabin itself was nice, but not secluded or quiet like you find in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. We have been to Branson many times and there are way too many accommodation choices in this town to have to be treated like we were treated at Thousand Hills Resort.

Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank floridaorbust

Reviewed July 13, 2008

We rented a 4 bedroom cabin with my brother in-law over the 4th of July weekend. The beds were HUGE (Cal Kings) and very comfortable. I think there was only 1 bed that was a Queen and there was a Cal King in the loft. We had 11 of us sleeping comfortably in the cabin.

It was more pricey than we would normally spend, but well worth it. The teenagers thought the place was fantastic and I know it will be one of the vacations they look back on with great memories just because of the place we stayed.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2008

What a wonderful place to stay. So close to route 79 and covenient to everything. A beautiful quiet wooded setting with an outside pool a short walking distance away. Indoor pool was a very short drive. Two bedrooms, 2 baths, living room, dining room and fully equipped kitchen. Television in each of the bedrooms and television, VCR, DVD, WIFI in livingroom. Bathrooms both had rainfall shower heads and one also had a jacuzzi tub. Imported Gilchrist & Soams shampoo, conditioner and bath soap was provided. Very nice touch! Beautiful gas fireplace in the living room. The kitchen had dish liquid, dish washer soap and extra garbage bags. They even supplied packages of coffee, sweetner and powdered creamer. Extra blanket, pillows and towels were also there if needed. The California king sized beds were so comfortable that none of had any complaints or backaches in the morning. The screened in porch was an unexpected addition and we spent lovely evenings out there.
Great for family get togethers, friends or couples.
We stayed there 7 nights. The front desk staff were always very friendly and helpful. We will certainly go back.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 17, 2008

Three friends and I just returned from our stay at Thousand Hills and we loved it! We had a 2 bedroom/2 bath cabin and were delighted with it. The furnishings were very comfortable and everything was provided.

One of my favorite spots was the screened in porch. It was a lovely place to sit and relax. Most of the time it felt as though we were in the middle of the woods.

The staff at the front desk were helpful and hospitable.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 17, 2008

My husband's immediate family just spent a three day weekend at Thousand Hills Golf Resort and I was inspired to write about the beautiful condo we rented. The four families that gathered to celebrate his father's 85th birthday each had their own room with bath. Two patios, one aimed at winter vacations and the other summer, afforded us breathtaking views of the lake! The kitchen and living room allowed us to eat in if desired and made us feel so homey as we gathered to reminisce about old times as if we were sitting in our own homes. All the rooms were beautifully decorated and everything we needed to live comfortably was provided. The beds were comfortable and everyone commented on how well they slept and how quiet the countryside setting was! Four families, all agreeing that the weekend was perfect and that the comfort of the condo was at the top of the list was why I wrote! We would recommend Thousand Hills as the perfect place to stay while in Branson. It might even be the reason to come to Branson!!!

Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed May 16, 2008

My husband and I took my parents to Branson for a few days' vacation and we stayed in a two-bedroom, two-bath cabin. The furnishings were beautiful, location was great, and we plan to definitely stay here on any future visits to Branson. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2008

As a delayed honeymoon, my husband and I stayed a week at the Cabins at Grand Mountain and it wasn't long enough! I was not ready to go home!

The cabins were beautiful and relaxing. They were perfectly located. I felt so secluded while at the same time we were able to walk straight to the strip and all the attractions we wanted to go to (which was great considering the traffic on 76!). Speaking of traffic, the front desk was amazing when we checked in. They gave us all the information we needed, including a map, highlighted with alternate routes so as to avoid 76.

The cabins were also nestled between two outlet centers, perfect for a shopper like me!

When we didn't feel like going out, the cabin was provided with everything we needed to entertain ourselves: a full kitchen, stocked with dishes and cooking tools, to prepare our own meals, a gas fireplace, DVD player, wireless internet and hot tub.

It was the most relaxing vacation I've ever had and I wouldn't trade the experience for anything.

Next time we have the money, we're going straight there. The Cabins on Grand Mountain made a Branson lover out of me!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple