Our 7 year old granddaughter wanted to stay in a log cabin. Thousand Hills cabin condos were a good fit for us. 2 bed , 2 bath, nice decor & spacious. Everything you could need. Close to 76 and the yellow route. In a nice wooded area. Small pool within walking distance. Can use other pools in complex thou but have to drive. We did enjoy our 4 days here. We did have a few issues thou. First, when made reservations was told had to pay all upfront because our son and granddaughter were checking in first. Husband and I were checking in the next day. Also,something to do with getting key card to door if I paid up front we would all have the same card. I was ok with that . I understood. Son and granddaughter checked in ok. When we arrived the lady who checked us in just did not understand that my son had checked in the day before. I explained several times I had paid up front so they could check in 1 day before us. She just didn't know what to do and even tod me that. She did ask a young male desk clerk for help but by the time he came over she had lost all our information and reservation. I did have a copy with me. Because if this they had to rekey all our condo door keys. Luckily, our son and granddaughter were out but not far away so we met them and gave them the new door cards. It was just frustrating because I was told if I paid up front all our keys would be the same and they could check in before us. At worked out. But in such a large complex as Thousand Hills they should have people working at check in that know what they are doing. This lady did not belong working in this area. So, when I checked out the lady who helped us was great. Knew what she was doing. She noticed I had been over charged 199.00$. It was because of the mix up at check in when the lady deleted my reservation. I probably would have never noticed the over charge. She was just so nice and helpful. I appreciated her honesty. The first night there at 2:00 A.M. The carbon monoxide detector went off & would stop. Woke all 4 of us up and had to take it off the wall and remove the battery. In morning went to front office and reported it. It was a bad battery and they changed it that day. That was nice, as they should. Lastly, where we stayed in the log cabins there was a dog some where close by that started barking every night at 10:00 P.M. and barked ALL night until about 6:00 A.M. You had to keep the tv on or I slept with my ear phones on. We just couldn't understand how someone could just let that dog bark all nite. I thought it might be a watch dog at some business that were up on a hill behind the log cabins. My son went out on the 3rd nite and followed the barking to residential condo homes(different than the log cabin condos) 1 to 2 blocks west . But since it was late at nite by this time he didn't want to snoop around too much. I did tell the front office at check out about this matter. They said they had never heard of this. I told them they should send someone down to that area around 10:00 to find that dog. Didn't know exactly but gave them a good idea. Didn't know if it was a guest or someone who live there. I have dogs and love them that wasn't the issue just the constant barking all night was the issue and they needed to know about this matter. I know this seems like alot of stuff to write about but it did happen and was a concern for me. I write alot of reviews and this is the most I have ever had to write. We really did like the log cabin condo thou and where it was located so did or granddaughter. That's what it was all about ! We didn't let this ruin our trip. It was just mire inconveniences for us . Would I stay here again? Probably !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thousand Hills Golf Resort is a leading lodging provider in Branson, Missouri. In business over 20 years we have the consistency and quality to provide a vacation home away from home you will always remember. We offer nightly rental condos, cabins and lake condos with sizes & styles to accommodate all travelers from romantic getaways to family reunions. Our location puts us in the heart of all the shows, shopping & attractions the area has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Cancelon, Vacatia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Thousand Hills Resort and Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1000 Hills Resort And Golf Club
- Thousand Hills Resort And Golf Club Hotel Branson
- Thousand Hills Branson