“Nice log cabin condo”

Ranked #54 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Leawood, Kansas
“Nice log cabin condo”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Our 7 year old granddaughter wanted to stay in a log cabin. Thousand Hills cabin condos were a good fit for us. 2 bed , 2 bath, nice decor & spacious. Everything you could need. Close to 76 and the yellow route. In a nice wooded area. Small pool within walking distance. Can use other pools in complex thou but have to drive. We did enjoy our 4 days here. We did have a few issues thou. First, when made reservations was told had to pay all upfront because our son and granddaughter were checking in first. Husband and I were checking in the next day. Also,something to do with getting key card to door if I paid up front we would all have the same card. I was ok with that . I understood. Son and granddaughter checked in ok. When we arrived the lady who checked us in just did not understand that my son had checked in the day before. I explained several times I had paid up front so they could check in 1 day before us. She just didn't know what to do and even tod me that. She did ask a young male desk clerk for help but by the time he came over she had lost all our information and reservation. I did have a copy with me. Because if this they had to rekey all our condo door keys. Luckily, our son and granddaughter were out but not far away so we met them and gave them the new door cards. It was just frustrating because I was told if I paid up front all our keys would be the same and they could check in before us. At worked out. But in such a large complex as Thousand Hills they should have people working at check in that know what they are doing. This lady did not belong working in this area. So, when I checked out the lady who helped us was great. Knew what she was doing. She noticed I had been over charged 199.00$. It was because of the mix up at check in when the lady deleted my reservation. I probably would have never noticed the over charge. She was just so nice and helpful. I appreciated her honesty. The first night there at 2:00 A.M. The carbon monoxide detector went off & would stop. Woke all 4 of us up and had to take it off the wall and remove the battery. In morning went to front office and reported it. It was a bad battery and they changed it that day. That was nice, as they should. Lastly, where we stayed in the log cabins there was a dog some where close by that started barking every night at 10:00 P.M. and barked ALL night until about 6:00 A.M. You had to keep the tv on or I slept with my ear phones on. We just couldn't understand how someone could just let that dog bark all nite. I thought it might be a watch dog at some business that were up on a hill behind the log cabins. My son went out on the 3rd nite and followed the barking to residential condo homes(different than the log cabin condos) 1 to 2 blocks west . But since it was late at nite by this time he didn't want to snoop around too much. I did tell the front office at check out about this matter. They said they had never heard of this. I told them they should send someone down to that area around 10:00 to find that dog. Didn't know exactly but gave them a good idea. Didn't know if it was a guest or someone who live there. I have dogs and love them that wasn't the issue just the constant barking all night was the issue and they needed to know about this matter. I know this seems like alot of stuff to write about but it did happen and was a concern for me. I write alot of reviews and this is the most I have ever had to write. We really did like the log cabin condo thou and where it was located so did or granddaughter. That's what it was all about ! We didn't let this ruin our trip. It was just mire inconveniences for us . Would I stay here again? Probably !

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
nsawford, Ecommerce Director at Thousand Hills Resort and Golf Club, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for your review of your stay at Thousand Hills. I'm sorry you had trouble getting the correct key cards at check-in, and we will make sure our front desk staff are all familiar with the key-making process to ensure these issues don't happen again.
As for the dog issue we do our best to address any complaints that come up, however in this case it was an animal at a different location, limiting what we are able to do.
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay overall & I hope you will consider staying with us again on a future visit to Branson. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you would like to speak with someone about the issues during your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We spent 4 days at this resort Aug 7-11th, 2013. This was located right on the yellow route and very close to tons of restaurants, shows, etc.

The condo was very clean and spacious. We had a 1 bedroom condo with a king bed. It was great because our 2 year old had plenty of room to play. The kitchen was nice, had all the appliances we needed.

The only drawback is that our 1 bedroom had no deck/porch/balcony. Other than that, i would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
nsawford, Ecommerce Director at Thousand Hills Resort and Golf Club, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thanks for your review of your stay in a One Bedroom Condo at Thousand Hills. We strive to provide the cleanest rooms and best service for families such as yours visiting the Branson area. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our mid-Branson location to make the most of your visit. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the area!
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stay away from the queen suites rooms. They are hardly better than a hotel room. The beds are not very good, kitchen is tiny, and most importantly they are not queensized. TVs are tiny.
I raised this with the customer service people, and they grimaced. They have heard these complaints before and feel badly about it. Management has given them the following scripts- "we put queen size sheets on them" - if true then they must tuck a lot of overage underneath.
"Second script is - management has said they are queens" again with obvious embarrassment on their faces. Between small bed and cheap mattress, we slept very poorly.
We converted our 2 rooms into one 2BR condo. Difference was night and day. Full kitchen, full TV, nice sofa and dining table. Staff is friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Don't get anything lees than a 2BR condo, you are better off in a hotel inside otherwise.
1 Thank A G
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the Queen Suites at Thousand Hills, we appreciate all comments and consider them as we strive to offer the best lodging experience in Branson.

I would like to note that all of our Queen Suites do feature standard queen size beds (60”X80”). These Suites are approximately 400 square feet and include the queen sized bed, a single size sleeper sofa, a bistro table with two chairs, kitchenette (full sized refrigerator, microwave, coffeepot, toaster, dishwasher), a stacked washer & dryer and a private bathroom with vanity and shower.

We're glad you were pleased overall with your stay here and the level of service our staff provided and look forward to any opportunities to serve you in the future.
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Our family always chooses the cabins at grand mountain! They are always well kept as well as very spacious for a big family. Always a pleasure to go back to our home away from home while in branson. Easy access to all shows as well as great dining.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for the kind words about your stays at the Cabins at Grand Mountain! We definitely appreciate the fact that you entrust your Branson vacation to us at Thousand Hills and look forward to hosting your future trips to the area.
st louis mo
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We've all enjoyed staying here at Tuscany Place owned by Thousand Hills Resort and Golf Club... SO sad to leave :-( My husband and I are traveling with my 15 y/o daughter and her best friend and we're all pleased to report that this place is (hands down) the cleanest vacation rental we've stayed at! YAY! It makes this germ phobic mama VERY happy :-)

There's a hide-a- way bed that the girls are sharing, while Hubby and I are sharing a beautiful, large bedroom. Our bed is a king sized Temperapedic and sooooo comfortable! Our little condo even came stocked with laundry detergent (Yes, there's also a washer and dryer inside the very large bathroom) and dish washer liquid (usually we have to purchase our own). We're loving the jacuzzi bath tub! We're also loving the breakfast nook. BTW... every single appliance works! lol

I wish I could have given this 5 stars and it comes close, it really does. The problem we have with staying here are the pools. Thousand Hills boasts several outdoor pools and an indoor pool with several hot tubs and jucuzzis through out the property. However, there are NO hot tubs (HUGE disappointment because we were all looking VERY forward to relaxing at the end of the day in the hot tub). Management says that they had to close the hot tubs because there are no handicapped lifts. Apparently they're a little behind with the mandatory government updates. We were never able to find more than the one outdoor pool. There's supposed to be an exercise facility for the family but you have to be 18 in order to use these facilities. I wasn't impressed with the exercise equipment or the size of the "gym". Sadly, we weren't able to find the basketball court or the shuffle board area either. I'm positive they're here, it's just been difficult to navigate our way through this extensive property! There just wasn't very much for the girls to do and there's also no game room, which they were pretty sad about:-( Oh well, we've all appreciated the beautiful, modern decor and the pristine cleanliness. If you're looking for modern facilities and if you value cleanliness and if you love to golf... this is the place! If you're picturing an old fashioned, mountain cabin resort... this is definitely NOT the place. The surroundings aren't as pretty as I'm used to seeing in the Ozarks. It's basically just an apartment complex in the middle of a golf course.

Room Tip: If you're staying at Tuscany Place, PLEASE don't try to use the gorgeous indoor pool right o...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of your stay at Tuscany Place at Thousand Hills. We value all the feedback you've given and will incorporate it as we continue to work on offering the best guest experience in Branson.

We hope you stay with us again on your next trip to Branson.
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We rented a three-bedroom condo at the Majestic, near Table Rock Lake in Branson, MO, as part of a family reunion. The customer service in making reservations, checking in and out was top notch. They were able to make sure our families were in neighboring rooms, or close enough to each other to enjoy the company. We were treated well.

The condo felt luxurious, with beautiful and comfortable furnishings. We really appreciated the large beds and three baths to accomodate our large family, not to mention the furnished kitchen and the laundry facilities provided. My kids, of course, enjoyed having televisions in each bedroom. I appreciated the wifi.

The view from our patio over Table Rock Lake was fantastic. The location was secluded, away from the glitz of Branson, so our families were able to have somewhat private times together. There were more buildings under construction as part of the Majestic, so this stay may have not been so intimate if it had happened later. It was nice to be able to take a short walk down to the lake where a marina is provided. There were also nice woods surrounding the condo where we could take walks. The night times were silent, except for the sounds of nature that surrounded us.

My biggest complaint was the drive to the Majestic. It was not for the faint of heart. The road was narrow, steep, and had some hairpin turns. This was worse than most of the already treacherous roads in Branson. On our last night, our antilock brakes went out on our minivan. Although we stayed an extra night in Branson, we ultimately decided not to stay at the Majestic for this reason alone.

All in all, we really enjoyed the Majestic. I would recommend it for a luxurious, intimate gathering of people who want to enjoy Branson, but also want some secluded time as well. Be sure to have your brakes inspected before you come.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top level have a better view of the lake.
2 Thank Firekracker007
We're glad you enjoyed your stay at the Majestic and we'd love to have your family stay with us again. I'm sorry to hear about your car troubles--as with most roads in the Ozarks the main route to and from the Majestic is fairly hilly. Your advice to have brakes checked before traveling to the Branson area is a very good tip.

When you stay with us next time, please don't hesitate to ask about alternate routes to the Majestic--there is another way to get there that isn't as direct, but does go via a slightly straighter stretch of road.

Thank you for your review!
Maryville, Missouri
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We had a very nice stay at the resort! We were in the cabins and very impressed. Very clean and well taken care of. Loved the location- close enough to Hwy 76, but yet nice enough that it's not right on 76 and away from the busy traffic.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
nsawford, Ecommerce Director at Thousand Hills Resort and Golf Club, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for your review! We're pleased you liked the cabins & the location and we hope to see you back again here soon.