“Loved our cabin”

Ranked #51 of 140 Hotels in Branson
New York, NY
“Loved our cabin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2008

Three friends and I just returned from our stay at Thousand Hills and we loved it! We had a 2 bedroom/2 bath cabin and were delighted with it. The furnishings were very comfortable and everything was provided.

One of my favorite spots was the screened in porch. It was a lovely place to sit and relax. Most of the time it felt as though we were in the middle of the woods.

The staff at the front desk were helpful and hospitable.

• Liked — Spaciousness
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2008

My husband's immediate family just spent a three day weekend at Thousand Hills Golf Resort and I was inspired to write about the beautiful condo we rented. The four families that gathered to celebrate his father's 85th birthday each had their own room with bath. Two patios, one aimed at winter vacations and the other summer, afforded us breathtaking views of the lake! The kitchen and living room allowed us to eat in if desired and made us feel so homey as we gathered to reminisce about old times as if we were sitting in our own homes. All the rooms were beautifully decorated and everything we needed to live comfortably was provided. The beds were comfortable and everyone commented on how well they slept and how quiet the countryside setting was! Four families, all agreeing that the weekend was perfect and that the comfort of the condo was at the top of the list was why I wrote! We would recommend Thousand Hills as the perfect place to stay while in Branson. It might even be the reason to come to Branson!!!

Stayed June 2008
Bartlesville, OK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2008

My husband and I took my parents to Branson for a few days' vacation and we stayed in a two-bedroom, two-bath cabin. The furnishings were beautiful, location was great, and we plan to definitely stay here on any future visits to Branson. Highly recommend!

• Liked — Comfortable furnishings and unique layout
  • Disliked — Occasionally heard noise from adjoining cabin; would prefer single cabins rather than present duplex setup
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
arow97
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2008

As a delayed honeymoon, my husband and I stayed a week at the Cabins at Grand Mountain and it wasn't long enough! I was not ready to go home!

The cabins were beautiful and relaxing. They were perfectly located. I felt so secluded while at the same time we were able to walk straight to the strip and all the attractions we wanted to go to (which was great considering the traffic on 76!). Speaking of traffic, the front desk was amazing when we checked in. They gave us all the information we needed, including a map, highlighted with alternate routes so as to avoid 76.

The cabins were also nestled between two outlet centers, perfect for a shopper like me!

When we didn't feel like going out, the cabin was provided with everything we needed to entertain ourselves: a full kitchen, stocked with dishes and cooking tools, to prepare our own meals, a gas fireplace, DVD player, wireless internet and hot tub.

It was the most relaxing vacation I've ever had and I wouldn't trade the experience for anything.

Next time we have the money, we're going straight there. The Cabins on Grand Mountain made a Branson lover out of me!

• Liked — The location and quality of cabins.
  • Disliked — The price.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2007

We stayed in one of the Thousand Hills Log Cabins for 5 nights, it was one of the best vacations we have had. the cabins were every thing they said they would be. Close to everything, including, shows, & shopping. They gave everything I requested, plus more!! Thank you for making this a very special vacation. i would stay there again for sure. Especially if I got the same cabin. It was fantastic. Thanks too you all- thousand Hills Resort, a great place to stay. The Wallace family from Maine

• Liked — the location close to everything, but county setting
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nanof6
slidell, la
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2007

We stayed at The Cabins the week of Labor Day 2007. I can tell you that there are NO disappointments!! The cabins are more than you would expect, with everything except a change of clothes provided. The price was very reasonable, and we were only two minutes away from all the action on Rt 76. If you want to get away from it all without being far from the activities, this is it! We loved it and will definitely book the Cabins again!!

• Liked — All amenities are provided.
  • Disliked — Distant pool
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
6 Thank wizernow
Kansas City
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2007

My husband and I traveled to Branson with his parents who were celebrating their 44th wedding anniversary. We loved the way the cabin was decorated and everything looked so nice. Each bedroom had it's own bathroom and I couldn't wait until later to take a shower because it looked so inviting. We checked in and left for the afternoon and evening. Upon returning we had some snacks so I washed the dishes before bed. I woke at 5:00 am to use the restroom and noticed that the toilet did not refill with water. I went to the sink and discovered we did not have any water. Since it was 5:00 am I returned to bed and woke again at 7:30. I went to the kitchen to make coffee only to discover we still had no running water. My husband called the front desk to find out what was going on and we were told that none of the cabins had water and the city was working on it. He asked if they were going to discount the cabin or give us a voucher for another nights stay since we couldn't even clean up to check out. We were infomred that this was out of their control and they would not be doing anything. In my opinion this is when you get to see a businesses true colors. They could have been very apologetic, they maybe could have brought water around for coffee making or even maybe some coffee. My mother-in-law called the front desk to speak to the manager because she had put the cabin on her credit card and explained that part of the amenities we had paid for we were not receiving. The manager said she would see what she could do and call us back. The water did come back on about 9:45 which left the 4 of us just enough time to shower and check out by 11:00. The manager never called back. I have stayed at Thousand Hills several other times before but had never had a problem until now and I didn't think they handled it well at all.

• Liked — The decorations
  • Disliked — The General Manager and the way she handled a situation.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family