“Good”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Very well decorated and we had a table with a fantastic view of Lake Taneycomo. Good prices. They start with a loaf of warm cornbread with butter which was good, As an app I had the smoked trout platter with fresh caper berries and goat cheese. EXCELLENT! Followed by the trout amandine. This was baked in an almond powder batter rather than just pan fried with butter and slivered almonds and lemon. The almond powder made it a little too sweet for my taste but the fish was excellent. I was supposing, as this is trout country, that the fish would be local but it is not as our server told us. My daughter had an ENORMOUS platter of fish and chips. Again, first choice fish quality! They serve the water in mason jars with lemon and I liked that "out of the ordinary" touch. Good, comfortable, fish restaurant in a great location and excellent rapport quality/price.

1  Thank Opentravels
Write a ReviewReviews (1,411)

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Loved this restaurant, really nice wait staff, had a new drink, my husband loved it. Food was fresh and hot..all in all a great experience. We will be going again when we go back to Branson.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was my first time to eat here. The restaurant is on Lake Taneycomo so you are able to look over the lake. The service was excellent, the waiter we had was very friendly was quick in filling our order and drinks. We all ordered fish and chips and it was plentiful, tasty. The cornbread is served free and is excellent.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

The place was neat - right on the river. We got to sit by a window and were able to look out and watch the activity on the lake. Good food, and a lot of it.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

The ambiance is rustic and comfortable. The server was as friendly as could be. The food was very good. It is a tourist destination, so it is what it should be. It really is fun.

Been to White River Fish House? Share your experiences!