“Nice environment, very average food”

White River Fish House
Ranked #22 of 376 Restaurants in Branson
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Plano, Texas
“Nice environment, very average food”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Well, you would think this would be a great place for seafood. It is a great place if you like fun environment and average food. Would not go back. So many flaws including a server who knew far too little about the menu and a kitchen that got backed up. If much of the food was not frozen I would be shocked. Not to expensive though so it may be worth it for the experience...one time.

3 Thank djhrhino54

San Antonio, Texas
“Not what I was told it was!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Went there with the family while on vacation. I had been told it was a place to go. Service was good but we felt like we were in a cafeteria. Food was very average to say the least. I had the coconut shrimp and it was not the most tasty. Portions are good but I must say based on reviews and what I was told I expected more from this place. I'd give it a 5 out of 10!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank onthego2much
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“A must when in Branson!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Wonderful ambiance, gorgeous lake views, yummy food! I have nothing bad to say about this place whatsoever. Everyone in our group loved what they had-maple salmon, coconut shrimp, steak, trout, dessert, cornbread-all great!

Visited July 2013
“Unspectacularly Average”
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Not as expensive as I thought. Staff was pretty good. Service took just long enough to be annoying and just quick enough to stop a complaint. Food was fine- nothing to write home about but nothing to complain about either. I'm a big fan of bass pro, and while I really don't have anything negative to say about the fish house, it just didn't seem to fit my expectation for a bass pro venture.

• Visited July 2013
“Excellent service, food and view”
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Everything as excellent. The lunch portion sizes were so large that it could have fed two people. Service was outstanding. Enjoyed the view of the lake and atmosphere of the restaurant.