“Great...except....”

Ranked #18 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed January 4, 2011

We Checked in New years eve at the Chateau and were there for one night, and that is where our only issue lies. Jacob was our "host" during the check in process and he seemed bothered by the tedious task of his job. He seemed very distracted and inattentive. We were not dressed to the nines during check in. After all we drove 4 hours and had our comfy clothes on, maybe because of that he felt it unnecessary to check us in properly. We dont expect the red carpet treatment, but at least make eye contact and dont answer phone calls during this process.

After that however, everything was up hill. An absolutley gorgeous facility. We ordered room service and the gentlemen that brought our food was great and very happy to be there. He even gave us some good tips on where to go in town. After a snack we chose to visit the Library Lounge and Stefani was our Hostess. What a great job she did. Very attentive and made us feel very welcome. Again someone who enjoyed what they were doing. The rooms were very well kept and the views are remarkable. Check out was simple and uneventful. All and all a great place to visit and stay. I guess at the end of the day maybe Jacob was just having a bad day...we all do now and again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2011

Thank you for your fair and balanced feedback following your stay, it is very helpful and much appreciated.
There is no excuse for any of our associates not to extend a warm welcome to our guests as this is what they have been trained to do. My apologies for the less than desirable welcome you were extended by one of our guest service associates.
I am pleased however to know despite our shaky start that your stay was a comforatble one and that your other interatctions with other resort associates was more in keeping with our service standards. Your patronage is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Chateau in the not too distant future.

Regards,

Reviewed January 4, 2011

We stayed at the Chateau on Dec 31, 2010 and partook of the New Year’s Eve package. The Chateau was beautifully decorated and the room was very nice, but I do have some recommendations/complaints for you.
My first complaint is that the menu for the New Year’s Eve package, when I looked at this online, said there would be Surf and Turf. What we received was Grilled Caesar Salad, which actually turned out to be a giant leaf with dressing, and a piece of steak (which they never asked how we like it cooked) and a little bit of crab meat on top of the steak along with what was described as (truffle whipped potatoes. The potatoes were not cooked and actually were the worst potatoes that I have ever had. I never saw dessert. They did not serve it our table. I have a problem with this because when I booked the package, I was thinking that Surf and Turf meant steak and Lobster. I was thoroughly disappointed. We paid almost $500.00 for a room and dinner that served a leaf and a small steak with a handful of chopped crab meat.
My second complaint is that we book this package and can’t even access the swimming pool. How much extra do we have to pay to get in the swimming pool? Did we not pay enough? This was ridiculous. Needless to say we were quite disappointed that we spent $500.00 for one night and I feel like we only got half the worth of that.
Also, we were told that there would be a Champagne brunch on New Year’s Day, but it was $40.00 per person. Why was this not included in the package? I feel like we were nickeled and dimed the entire stay there.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dodger32
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2011

I am sorry to learn that the menu at our New Years Eve event in our Great Hall was not to your liking and I will certainly share with our Executive Chef your comments for such feedback is always helpful. Our indoor pool is open 24/7 except when any maintenace is being performed on it with adult only use after 10:00pm, so I am not sure why one would not have been able to use it during your stay.
It certainly is our intention to meet all of the expectations of our guests and when brought to our attention that we did not, we certainly would have liked to have had the opportunity to discuss your concerns at the time and be able to take the necessary action to rectify the situation to your satisfaction. Please know that your call is always welcome if you would like to discuss this matter any further and hopefully I will be given the opportunity to do so.

Vice President & General Manager
Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa.

Reviewed January 2, 2011

This place is a rip-off. First, for the price one has to pay you would think that the shops INSIDE the hotel would be open for guests--well not one was open. Even though it was Sunday when we checked in--that should not matter, because the hotel is still doing business like accepting guests on a Sunday. Secondly, my stay was just for leisure and there is NO FREE INTERNET SERVICE in the rooms. I was told that I could go downstairs for free internet, but I don't think the hotel would have appreciated it if I were to drag along all the bed pillows and cushions that make me comfortable in the room--along with me. So I decided to have $10.00 for a 24hr period of internet service charged to my room--but wait it gets better, after I logged on my son tried to log his on and could not--YOU HAVE TO PAY $10 PER COMPUTER IN YOUR ROOM TO HAVE INTERNET. Shame on you. I usually avoid places that have NO FREE INTERNET and just assumed that this hotel would have it. This is the 21st century and places like Motel 6 do.

Stayed: January 2011
6  Thank funtime4
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2011

We all are certainly entitled to our opinions however I can say with authority, it has never been and will never be, our intention to knowingly "rip off" any of our guests and I am sorry that you feel the way you do for charging a nominal fee for in-room internet service. It is clearly noted in all of our guestrooms that we do charge for this service. I think one will find most major full service hotels and resorts do so. That has been our findings.
We also recognize that some of our guests are opposed to paying for this service and it is for this reason we have designated areas in our public areas with FREE Wi Fi and a Business Center equipped with desktop computers and printers for those in need of a computer also at NO CHARGE.

Please know that your patronage is valued and despite our not being able to meet your expectations if given the opportunity to be of service again, it certainly would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the Chateau.

Reviewed December 16, 2010

I choose Chateau on the lake for my 10th wedding anniversary. I had read many of the reviews and felt confident that this was the hotel for us. All our expectations were met. Beautiful hotel with wonderful Christmas decor, clean rooms and friendly staff. I couldn't be happier to have spend four days at this wonderful hotel, and hope to go back next year.
K. Franklin Missouri

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I am pleased to know that your stay was a pleasant one From all of the associates and management at the Chateau, Happy belated Anniversary and we look forward to being of service to you again in the not too distant future.

Sincereley,

Reviewed November 15, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Chateau on this, our first trip to Branson. I really wanted this trip to be special, so I picked the Chateau out of the many choices available because it looked like a beautiful place to stay that was away from the traffic yet within a short drive away the from shows and restaurants in Branson. I chose a lakefront room to have the best view available.

The Chateau was the perfect choice for our Branson getaway. This majestic hotel is perfectly located on a hilltop that overlooks a beautiful, pristine lake. The hotel was decorated for Christmas and featured several gingerbread houses that were delightful. A manger scene was situated at the head of a beautiful indoor waterfall. A whimsical Santa was found climbing down a rope from the 10 story atrium.

What a wonderful, delightful experience we had while staying at the Chateau! Upon first driving up to the Chateau, we found the bell staff to be very helpful and friendly. When we checked in, we were initially offered a room on the 3rd floor. I had previously read that the 3rd floor was where pets were allowed. My wife is allergic to cats, so I asked for a different room. A short time later, we were given a room on the 8th floor. I don’t travel that much, but I thought the room was absolutely perfect. It had a balcony with 2 chairs so that we could sit and enjoy a magnificent view of the lake. The king sized bed was absolutely comfortable. There were 2 sink areas: one in the bedroom, which my wife used as a dressing area, and one in the bathroom. Both sink areas were long and roomy. The room and the hotel were not only clean, but amazingly spotless.

The staff truly went way out their way to be helpful and friendly. We ate 2 meals at the Chateau. We ate dinner at the Chateau Grille and breakfast at the Atrium Café. For dinner at the Grille, I had the Texas fried steak, which was served hot and tasty. In both instances, we had a delightful waitress by the name of Amber. While ordering breakfast at the Atrium Café, my wife was really in the mood for hot chocolate. However, she has lactose intolerance and would be unable to consume the hot chocolate that was on the menu. When we mentioned this to Amber, she went way out of her way and found soy milk and had the hot chocolate made for my wife that she could enjoy. Amber’s demeanor was so sweet and friendly; she made an impression on us that we will not forget.

Yvonne at the Concierge desk was also very friendly and helpful. We had some time available for a show and she was able to print up a list of shows that were still available, even though it was getting close to the last minute. She called for us and made reservations for the show, which was so nice.

After our delightful experience, I would unequivocally recommend the Chateau for your stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2010

Your kind words about your most recent stay is very much appreciated along with your patronage. It was our pleasure having you as our guest and being of service. We look forward to your return visit to Branson hopefully in the not too distant future for we will be here ready and waiting to welcome you back.

Reviewed November 13, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Chateau on the Lake Resort while we were in Branson for the Lifeway Festival of Marriage conference!
The conference was held there at the resort. It was an AMAZING conference!
THe rooms were amazing! This was like one of the resorts that we've stayed at in either Mexico or the Carribean.
The beds were very comfortable! Rooms were clean! The service was OUTSTANDING! The front counter service was good but the housekeepers were exceptionally friendly and went out of their way to make us feel welcome.
I LOVED how they the resort had everything all decorated for Christmas!
The view from our room was AMAZING! THe resort was overlooking the lake on one side and overlooking Ozark Mountains on the other side. In the morning when we woke up there was fog/steam coming off the lake and then the sunrise - one of the most beautiful sunrises I've EVER seen! It's fall too so the colors of the trees in the Ozark Mountains made the scenery gorgeous!
Can't wait to go back next year!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2010

We always appreciate when our guests take the time to share with others their Chateau experience, especially when we have been able to meet if not exceed their expectations. Fall in the Ozarks can be a very special time and I am so glad that you were able to experience it.
We look forward to welcoming you back next year, as we will be ready and waiting for your arrival.

Reviewed November 12, 2010

We spent three nights in a Lakefront Ambassador King room – a one bedroom suite. The Suite was well sized except for the bathroom, which for the class of hotel was one of the smallest hotel bathrooms I have seen – more akin to a budget property. There was only one sink, no makeup area for my wife and no seperate lavatory. The lake view was there but from the balcony any view to the left was blocked by an abutting wall – not at all the broad expansive view that one would have expected. On the other hand, all the staff were extremely helpful - especially in the Library Lounge where we ate a late supper at the bar on most nights and the food was good. Service in the Sweet Shoppe for breakfast to go was unbelievably slow and disorganized. Valet parking at $14 is no bargain. On balance, the hotel accommodations were not of the standard we anticipated nor, for the Midwest, matching the price we paid.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 22club58
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your most recent stay. Those concerns such as the challenges one had in our Sweet Shoppe at breakfast can and will be easly fixed. However those to do with the physical attributes of our accommodations unfortunately such as the one you stayed in cannot, which I know you realize.
As a matter of informational purposes only, we do have other types of accommodations with panoramic views of the lake and with separate vanity areas complete with make-up mirrors suitably desinged with the ladies in mind.
It certainly is our intentions to provide a level of service and product in keeping with our guest expectations which weare sorrry we were unable to do on this occasion. Hopefully this will not become a deterring factor in your patroange of the Chateau on future visits to Branson.

VP & General Manager