“Not all we had hoped”

Ranked #17 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed August 18, 2007

our room was directly above the dumpster and the smell was terrible. Could not enjoy having the sliding door open. The "mountian view"was of a construction site. Not worth the price.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank auntcarla
chateaugm, Vice President & General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2007

Please accept our apologies for not been able to meet your expectations during your most recent stay. Your are indeed correct the location of our Standard rooms of which we only have a few are not the best, which is very unfortunate.
Feedback such as yours is indeed important to us and please know that your patronage is appreciated and I trust that this isolated matter will not become a deterring factor in your patronage of the Chateau in the future.

Regards,
Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa

Write a ReviewReviews (2,708)

Reviewed August 15, 2007

We took a few moments out of our busy Branson schedule to visit the Spa located at the Chateau on the Lake. WOW. We are not regular spa people, but we sure felt lucky to find such a beautiful setting with all the luxuries you hear about and an excellent staff who made us feel like king and queen for the day. We arrived a few hours before our scheduled appointment so we could enjoy the indoor soaking tub and the outdoor pool. The couples room allowed my husband and I to enjoy a massage, body wrap and facial in the same room. The royal treatment at a royal facility. Exensive..of course. Worth every penny...YES.

We would also recommend the Chateau on the Lake Grill on the upper floor for an after treatment treat and view of Table Rock Lake.

FYI: We did not stay at the Chateau but we still received the royal treatment.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HavingFunToo
Reviewed August 7, 2007

We stayed at the Chateau mid July for four nights. Intially we got of to a not so good start as the first room allocated didn't really have a view of Table Lake despite labouring this request during the booking via a long distance phone call from Ireland. But I will say that once we made our dissatisfaction known this was resolved very quickly by the allocation of another room over looking the lake and pool area, hence the above average rating otherwise it would have been an excellent.

Having booked the "Chateau King" the room was excellent with the extras that you would expect. The facilites at the resort are excellent including the pool area and the nearby water sport marina. Despite the hotel hosting a boat show convention the pool area was always available with beds and towels and the standard of service very good including the good nature of the valet parking guy's which I would recommend as its undercover parking.

This was our first time to the "ozarks" and if you haven't been to Branson and the surrounding countryside thouroughly recommend that you do. I would certainly recommend the Chateau Hotel and intend to return when we can.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank touren44
Reviewed July 19, 2007

My family and I just returned from a four night stay at Chateau on the Lake, and I must say that we were a bit disappointed with how unfriendly the hotel staff was. The bell men were rather friendly when we first arrived, but would not acknowledge guests as they were leaving and returning to the hotel. The lady at the "check in" desk was not very comfortable with her job on the computer and had to ask for supervisor's assistance. We were offered no information on hotel activities for the week, nor were we offered a map of the resort. We had to figure this out on our own. The staff in the Sweet Shoppe were quite unfriendly; they made us feel like we were burdening them by us being there to purchase ice cream. One of our children did have a nice time at Crawdaddies , a kids' program. She was one of the only employees that put forth any effort to be hospitable. We had much higher expectations from the staff with the amount of money that we paid to the resort. We have received much better treatment from three star hotels. I do believe that Chateau's staff would greatly benefit from hospitality training.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank robinkay
Reviewed June 27, 2007

Very nice entrance to the hotel. The walls were paper thin. I could here word for word our neighbors conversations. The food at the deli and hotel restaurant were both not very good. The sweet shop did have EXCELLENT ice cream. The pool was nice and warm and had a pretty view of the lake. The hair all over the bathroom from the previous guest was not appealing. The valets were very nice. I did get a massage at the spa and it was good too until I went to pay and there was an automatic 20% gratuity added that I was not forewarned about. Overall there are plenty of hotels in Branson for a fraction of the cost. I have stayed at 5 star hotels (Plaza Hotel NY; The Waldorf Astoria NY; etc.) and this is nowhere near a 5 star.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank bruiserjohnson
chateaugm, Vice President & General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2007

Please accept our sincere apologies for not being able to meet your expectations during your most recent visit. It is feedback such as yours that allows us the opportunity to take corrective measures when and where we have fallen short.

Our staff takes great pride in providng excellence in service and when they fail to, I can assure you and others, they are concerned for not performing according to our own standards.

I trust this isolated incident will not become a deterring factor in your patronage of the Chateau and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Vice President & General Manager
Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa.

Reviewed June 26, 2007

My sister and I along with my two daughters, 12 and 14 recently stayed at Chateau on the Lake. The resort is fabulous. I have stayed in many upscale hotels/resorts, but no where have I stayed where every employee was not only friendly, but helpful in any way they could be. They served ice water at the pool along with iced wash cloths. The room was beautifully furnished, but the decor was overshadowed by the small beds. The room is described as a deluxe double, which meant the room was slightly larger than a standard double. I wished they had put a regular sized double bed(s) in the room instead of the extra floor space. The bed was so noticibly small, that I measured the bed. It was approximately 52.5 inches in width. A regular double bed is 60 inches in width. We slept two to a bed. The first night, my daughter ended up on the floor. I would stay here again if I could stay in a different type of room.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank dillonh

Thank you for taking the time to share with others your most recent experiences following your stay at the Chateau. Your kinds words are very much appreciated.

I agree with you whole heartedly are rooms with double beds are too small for families and it is something we will be addressing in the future.

We certainly realize that you had a choice in hotels when choosing Branson as a destination. We at the Chateau thank you for selecting us, your business is very much appreciated and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed June 10, 2007

We just returned from a quick weekend getaway to Chateau.
The travelers this time were my husband and I, and our two kids (ages 2 and 3).

We have been here before just the two of us, but also with the kids. Either way it's great. Very family friendly, but also caters to the romantics as well.

Beds are very comfortable...the only con is that they are doubles instead of queens. Housekeeping and bellmen are A+! As always we were impressed with the kind waitstaff at the lounge and restaurant.

I am a light sleeper and usually have a hard time making it through the night at any hotel. Both nights I slept well (that is the norm here). I love how quiet the rooms and halls are. The rooms are also VERY clean. I would have to say the cleanest hotel rooms we have had the pleasure of staying in.

The only complaint I have is the food. More specifically room service. We have yet to experience a positve dining experience from that. The staff is aways great - it's just the food is not very tasty. Go to the restaurants if you choose to eat at the hotel - it's much better there.

Pools are very clean, and the water temp is always perfect. Hot tubs are also very nice. Pool service is lovely. Be prepared to be spritzed with water while lounging and to have your cocktails brought to you. Very relaxing indeed.

One more tip: When we travel just the two of us we book the King Chateau lake room. The view is beautiful. When we take the kids the view is not as important to us (we don't get to lounge on the balcony with 2 little ones very easily). The saying is true here - you get what you pay for. Don't count on an upgrade and reserve the room type you want. The non lake view or mountain view rooms aren't very pretty (roof tops and parking lots).

If you are unfamiliar with Tablerock lake and prefer upscale type resorts also look in Big Cedar Lodge...it's another favorite of ours...very beautiful and rustic.

Happy Travels~

Stayed: June 2007
2  Thank kenzielou1

It is always very nice to read wonderful comments such as yours written by our guests following their stay, as we pride ourselves in providing excellence in service. It is also good to learn where we have opportunities for improvement also for it is such comments that makes us strive to do better.

You can be assured that I will be following up personally with my Food & Beverage management team concerning your comments pertaining to our Room Service operation. Our food quality and service in that department will be fixed before your return visit. If you find that not to be the case, dinner is on me.