My girlfriend and I decided to go to Branson for our annual Christmas shopping trip. I discovered we could stay here for around the same price as the regular 3 star hotels where we usually stay and for quite a bit less than a couple of the other nice hotels in the area. The staff was friendly and welcoming. And when we arrived we received a complimentary upgrade which was great.
The hotel and grounds were beautiful. The inside was beautiful as well with a huge atrium complete with waterfall and lovely plants. And it was decorated for Christmas with lots of lights and an incredible gingerbread house.
The room was great - nicely decorated and extremely clean. The beds were comfortable with lots of pillows. The bathroom was very nice - nice tile and granite countertops.
The hotel has a great pool/spa area with indoor and outdoor pools and also it's own movie theater which shows free movies in the evening. I liked the fact that the indoor pool and hot tub area are open for 24 hours.
We spent the evening in the library lounge which was very nice with a big fireplace and lots of cozy seating. Drinks were expensive but good and there was a guitar player and singer who were very entertaining. They offer appetizer type food here and we ordered the ravioli which was good. We also ordered the "deconstructed bruschetta" which was the only dark spot on the entire stay. There's just no sugarcoating the awfulness of it - especially the salmon/cheese mixture which was fishy and horrible. BUT - still a good evening and atmosphere.
Our stay wasn't long enough to enjoy all the wonderful amenities this hotel offers. We really hope to be able to return for a longer stay and I especially would like to visit the spa.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and think it was a great value as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chateau on the Lake Resort and Spa,Branson's only AAA Four Diamond resort and spa. Nestled in the Ozark Mountains over-looking the pristine waters of Table Rock Lake, yet only a short distance from nearby theaters, shopping, attractions and golf courses. One of the features of the resort is its 10 story atrium lobby complete with cascading waterfalls,lush plants and foliage. All guestrooms have hand finished textures walls in warm tones, comfortable Perfect Sleeper mattresses, down comforters, 37" flat screen TVs, Wi-Fi. Most of our guestrooms have balconies with lakefront, lakeview or moutain view exposure. Our award winning restaurant the Chateau Grille, has great food, great service and breath taking views of Table Rock Lake. Our #Sunday Brunch is Branson's best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau On The Lake Hotel Branson
- Chateau On The Lake Resort And Spa
- Chateau Lake