“Great resort, great location, not the greatest tennis courts.”

Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa
Ranked #18 of 140 Hotels in Branson
“Great resort, great location, not the greatest tennis courts.”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

My husband and I spent a long weekend at the resort for our anniversary. We both love tennis and were looking forward to playing in the "mountaintop tennis courts." We were disappointed in the disrepair of the tennis courts. The nets weren't the correct height and they weren't properly strapped down. There were big cracks on the courts and they were littered with leaves and branches we had to clean off before we could play. It took staff a half hour (after 2 requests from us) to get the lights on after dark and then they didn't light the court well at all. So, if you want to play a lot if tennis a different resort would be a better option. However, everything else about the resort was lovely. The food was amazing, the views are breathtaking, the service was good, the beds were comfortable, and overall we had a great weekend.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (626)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

We stay here for a lawyer's convention each year. Great rooms, food, service and facilities. Beautiful view of the lake. I love the pool, they have an awesome pastry shop on site and the spa services are wonderful. I would suggest this hotel for anyone traveling to the Branson area.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Stephen M, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear cjess1019:
It is always a pleasure having your group at the Chateau and we look forward to your return next year. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your kind words about us, it is very much appreciated.

Story
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I have stayed here many times and there is a reason! The staff are more than wonderful. I always feel as if I am a princess when I am at The Chateau.
There are just not enough nice things to say. The restaurant is amazing ( Please don't miss the short ribs!!! ) The waitstaff tend to your every need.. I adore the coffee shop for that latte you NEED or the piece of cheesecake you don't! .
The rooms are great...never anything lacking. I always ask for a lakeside room but if you prefer to look at the glorious Smokey Mountains then gaze away!
In short, the folks at The Chateau know how to run a hotel. They understand customer service and what it takes to ensure that I keep coming back to them each time.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear hbenziger:

Thank you so much for sharing with all to read your Chateau experiences. As a valued guest of ours there is no better endorsement than from one of our regular guest. Your patronage is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Chateau in the not too distant future.

Eureka Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed May 15, 2014

The room was nice, but not great.The bathroom floors were hard tile. I kept in visioning falling on the floor and breaking a hip. Branson is the land for senior citizens, and I just know that will happen one day. Also we were suppose to have a bottle of Champaign and chocolate covered strawberries on arrival. We had to call down for them, and wait 30 to 45 min. The sweet shop had almost nothing in it to buy, just some left over pastries that looked days and days old. We bought chocolate truffles, they were not good, they were hard as rocks .The king bed in our room was weird. If you didn't sleep in the middle of the bed, you felt like you sliding off to the floor. The one really good thing was the food in the dinning room. We had dinner one night in the dinning room and the food was beyond great We asked to see the Chef, but didn't get to, so my husband sent back a $20 tip to the Chef, not sure he got it. The waiter Greg probably pocketed it.. We did use room service, nothing really great but not bad. Didn't order breakfast, but once as breakfast was outrageously priced, starting at $13 or $14. There is no breakfast worth that much money, we are talking eggs!!! they only cost $2 a dozen. We will never stay again or recommend to anyone.We were told that it was out of season and the season started in July. I live in Eureka Springs, the season starts in April for us and Branson. If that was the case then everyone there should have had the best service ever, since there was only a hand full of people staying there. Also our room was next to the one they were rentivating, making it nosy early in the morning. Wishing we saved our money.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Stephen M, Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear MMPerkins:
Thank you for taking the time in writing a review, as feedback from our guests whether negative or positive is all important to us. It allows us the opportunity to take corrective measures to issues that are brought to our attention that are in keeping with our own product standards and service.
There are times such as in your case, when we have failed to meet your expectations for which we do apologize. Hopefully our failures will not become a deterring factor in your continued patronage of our hotel and if at any time I can be of assistance, please know your call is always welcome.

Pearl River, Louisiana
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Spa is not attached and you must go outside and be cold to come and go. Failed to tell us they had no one to do pedicures and manicures on staff. Prices are very high for everything. Chef's table dinner was superb, but the price on the internet changed from 75.00 per person to 150.00 per person some time during our stay and we almost fell on the floor when we received the check. This was never conveyed to us at any time. Room was never restocked properly until we told the staff. They never vacuumed the room for 3 days, and I am certain of that. The hotel is beautiful and the staff at the desk is very sweet, the Chef and the dining staff are so nice. The room was disappointing for the price. I was told a lake view and paid extra to be guaranteed it and WE HAD PARTIAL LAKE/PARTIAL MOUNTAIN VIEW. The manager never responded to my comment card since I handed it in. Oh sure, We will see one on here for all I have said, but not during our stay and we are still currently here. We booked for 8 nights. BTW, valet is 16.00 a day and they don't let u know till you drop the car off. The indoor pool is open 24/7 and that is very nice. Since this was our first time in Branson, we now see other very nice places with very nice amenities for far less money. OH, a refrigerator or microwave is 20 dollars a day if u don't have a suite. Other very nice places in the area include this. Would I stay here again, MAYBE, if they actually give you what they advertise because it is beautiful and the desk
staff tries so hard to be nice. It is out of their control..All I can say is bring lots of money and your sense of humor, to prevent aggravation. I am still in shock over our dinner bill, but food and service exquisite. Chef super nice young man.

Room Tip: Choose a cheaper place, They do say they have hired a person to do pedis and manis, but that is no h...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Kathy650101:

I try and make it a point to read reviews on a daily basis and I am sure glad that I did today. I have gleaned from your review that you are still in house staying with us. I have since spoken with our Food & Beverage Director and our Executive Sous Chef whom you met at your Chef's Table and with our Guest Services Manager.
I have asked them to correct the issues that have been brought to our attention as outline in your review. Furthermore one of them will be reaching out to you to apologize personally.
If at any time during the rest of your stay, we do not meet if not exceed your expectations. Please know that you can at any time call the operator and ask for either myself or for the Manager on Duty. By so doing it will allow us the opportunity to address your concerns immediately and hopefully make things right.
I trust you will enjoy the rest of your stay.

General Manager.
Ozark, Missouri
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here over Mothers' day weekend. It was a busy busy place! The staff were friendly and helpful. The room I had chosen was on the 8th floor, balcony lake view. Beautiful room and view! Alas, my mother took one look out the balcony door and turned white. She turned into the room and sat down holding onto the chair arms for dear life and stated she was unable to tolerate heights anymore and was dizzy! Oh! I called the front desk and explained the situation. They were so nice, our room was switched out to a lower floor immediately. The hostess even brought the new room keys up to us. So, off we went to our new room. Surprise! When I opened the door, the room had not been cleaned yet! So, another call to the front desk and a trip down to see what could be done. They were so upset at our misfortune that we were put in a very nice room immediately. All ended well. A great staff here at the hotel! Thank you. I will be back again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Cindi C:

Thank you for giving us another opportunity to redeem ourselves following your previous stay with us. It was nice of you to choose the Chateau as the place to celebrate Mother's Day with your Mom. Your kind words about our staff and the resort is much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Booked my reservation online and admit I didn't know what to expect. From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty. The old guy at door (maybe Robbie?) was so pleasant and told us the best places to go and always had my car running. Check-in went great and we went off to our room and were blown away with the views. We stayed in 702 and would recommend it to everyone. Met the front office manager in elevator and she was so friendly and gave us lots of options for shows. When we saw her next day, she even asked how Haygoods and dinner at Landrys was. Impressive she remembered. Library lounge was super fun atmosphere and quick service. Restaurant was so-so and very pricey. Couldn't find a host to seat us for ten minutes and several staff walked by--- annoying, but not a deal breaker. Room was clean. I was told they are renovating and I'm excited to go back and see it again. I plan on going back in the summer with the kids and try out all the outdoors and family activities. Tip: get lake view room it's worth the money

• Stayed April 2014
Dear CubReviewer:

It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guests, when issues or concerns are brought to our attention. By so doing it gives us the opportunity to take corrective actions immediately.
Please accept my apologies for the less than acceptable service you experienced at our Chateau Grille hostess desk. This is certainly not in keeping with our own standards of service. Your other kind words about the Chateau and some of our other associates are much appreciated. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back to the Chateau hopefully this summer.