“Very nice hotel with great view of lake. Dog Friendly :)”

Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa
Ranked #18 of 139 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We recently stayed at the Chateau the week before labor day. It was wonderful as the place was nearly empty as school had just started. The room was nice but probably needs a new bed. Usually when I stay at a hotel I find the beds so comfortable, this one seemed like it was wearing out. The view was great, nice pool, marina was fun to rent boats. First time we stayed here because it allowed our dog for a minimal fee which was wonderful. Big Cedar Lodge has nicer amenities but does not allow dogs on the main premesis. All in all a great week.

Room Tip: If you don't get lake front you are starring at a parking lot.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa

Reviewed September 11, 2013

This was our first trip to Branson. We picked this hotel because it was on the recommended list for Kamp Kanakuk. The hotel is beautiful. The rooms are very nice. We had a view of the lake. The view was ok. Save your money on this. Our view of the lake was over the swimming pool past the tennis courts. The inside of the lobby is beautiful with a couple water features. We would definitely stay here again. There was a little mix up with the hotel room, it has still not been fixed to our satisfaction; however hotel staff was nice about the mix-up but was not able to remedy.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Millerfamilyofthree
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The hotel and grounds are beautiful. My work sponsored a weekend trip here. I liked the outdoor pool and the view from the pool and the rooms of the lake. The food was OK. Nothing great. Some of our breakfast was still thawing (muffins). They were accomodating to things our group wanted to experience. Some of the ammenities are pretty cheap-o (kleenex, etc.), no mini refrig's in the room or microwaves. A pool supervisor even fussed at me in front of my friends because I was reusing a cup from a local restaurant where I had lunch...making sure I knew that I could not bring outside vendor drinks to the pool. REALLY? Even if it had tea in it from the restaurant? REALLY? and you had to say something to me about it in front of everyone? Note: our group had just paid off a tab we had run on drinks right before she noticed my styrofoam cup from Danna's BBQ. they seem very concerned that you will spend a dollar somewhere outside the hotel. Poolside there were people who brought around cups of ice water and cool towels. Housekeeping would have busted in on me during a nap one day if I had not had the lock thing on the door! It woke me up when my door flew open and was caught on the latch. check out was 11, but they seemed to want us out asap the morning we left. housekeeping was telling friends in another room that they were there to clean their room because it showed they had checked out...when they had not even been downstairs to check out. Pro's and Con's. i did enjoy the balcony on the room.

Room Tip: ask for a room with lake view
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I did not stay at the hotel, this review is for the Spa Chateau. A girlfriend and I recently booked "the buddy package" and chose to have a massage, manicure, and pedicure. The services were impeccable. We loved the views of the lake from our pedicure chairs and were very impressed by the decor and professionalism of the staff. Nancy did our mani/pedi and did a great job. She did encourage us to get the shellac manicure and art on our toes. Beware, neither of these services are included in the buddy pack. The shellac tacked on an extra $15 each and the art would have been an extra $10. We had the option to eat there, although we didn't due to the outrageous meal prices plus fees ($3 fee to deliver plus 18% gratuity). Like I said, the environment was nice, but they nickeled and dimed us to death. You would think that for $250 each that they could have provided some complimentary fresh fruit or a light salad (only almonds and some less than tastey trail/fruit mix). It was a good time- these were just some of my observations.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 4, 2013

What a wonderful stay for our 30 aniversary. Superb restaurant made even more so by the pianist. He played requests that made it seem he was just there for you, and later that even was playing in the bar to several couples who were just happy to sit quietly and listen. Whoever thought to hire this guy made a great decision and I hope he continues to play there.

Room Tip: Choose a king overlooking the lake!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This location is great with an excellent view of the lake. Every person on the staff was very friendly. They always opened doors, asked if they could help, and generally tried to make the stay as pleasant as possible. The food was decent, but nothing to get overly excited about. The rooms were spacious. Our only disappointment was that there was not a refrigerator in the room and the internet was extremely slow. We tried to download a movie to our iPad for the trip home and it estimated that it would take 400 hours to download (it downloaded at home in about 15 minutes).

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view if possible. The other side of the hotel is nowhere near as nice.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My family spent the Labor Day weekend at this new to us hotel. It is a gorgeous hotel with lake views, a Sweet Shoppe, beautiful pool and tennis courts and a program for children. If you are looking for a place to stay that is not rustic in any way, then this is the place for you. Everyone we came in contact was friendly but unassuming. Unless you needed assistance, the staff was very much in the background. They have a restaurant on site, we did not dine there as we were usually out and about during meal times. They have a nice marina with transport to and from with just a request. There was a rather large activity on one evening we were there (Labor Day Celebration with music, buffet and fireworks) that we did not know about until we heard the music upon our return for the evening. I would have thought that would have been communicated to us upon check in so that was the only slip up I could mention. I was surprised (and this is a little thing) that they only provide one ply rough kleenex in the room. This might not have been something someone who didn't have allergy issues would notice but since I did, I though I would mention it. I would definitely recommend staying here if you are looking for an upscale get away in a very comfortable environment.

Room Tip: We requested a lake view and got a lake view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family