“Lovely Hotel but bring your wallet”

Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa
Ranked #17 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Chateau on the Lake is truly a beautiful hotel. We stayed here for a "girls weekend" and had a wonderful time. The hotel is beautiful and the service is outstanding. Be sure to visit the bar next to the restaurant - not the big library bar next to the front door (which is pretty cool too though), but the smaller one off to the side near the restaurant - Dominic was our bartender. He was absolutely delightful and showed us how to make chocolate martinis. He was one of the nicest people I have met for a very long time. The spa is really, really nice, but it is extremely expensive. Be aware that they put a 20% surcharge on for tip. You can probably find comparable services for far less money, but you won't find that atmosphere anywhere else. Professional, quality, serene environment = expensive. The hotel has a movie theater available to guests with current movie selections. I did not attend, but some of the people in my party did and had good things to say about it. The work out facilities are clean and were not crowded. There is a "sweetie" shop near the lobby that had a nice selection of gelato/ice cream. They serve latte and coffee products, but I wasn't all that impressed (although I admit I am a Starbux snob). They offer some pastries and baked goods. I had carrot cake which was delicious. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The view from our room was incredible overlooking beautiful Table Rock Lake.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 24, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at Chateau on the Lake for our two year anniversary. I made the reservations a couple of months in advance and got a really good rate on a standard king room. The night before I called and spoke with a concierge named Laura to request chocolate covered strawberries so they would be in the room as a sweet surprise for my wife. I mentioned it was our anniversary, and she told me about some of the other romantic offerings they had, such as putting silk rose petals in the shape of a heart on the bed and a trail leading from the door to the bed. The prices for these extras were very reasonable in my opinion.

We were checked in to our room in a matter of minutes and thanks Laura we were upgraded to a lake view room. My wife loved the strawberries and rose petals. And the next day (the actual day of our anniversary) we were surprised by a complimentary tray of sweets awaiting us when we returned to the room after a long day of shopping.

We ate dinner at the formal restaurant the first night, out on the balcony. We both had the fillet, which was fantastic. And they even had my wife's favorite desert, chocolate creme brulee. It was one of the best dining experiences we had.

The grounds are well kept and make the place feel like a secluded hideaway since it is perched atop a hill. The lake view is awesome. The outdoor pool and spa were clean and spacious. The water was cold so we moved to the indoor pool and hot tub which is also really nice.

We didn't get to use it, but they also have a small movie theater (free) where it looks like they play mostly family/children's movies and give you free popcorn. They also have a 'Sweet Shop' where they offer cakes, cookies, candies, ice cream...all of my favorites.

My wife and I can't wait to come back. I'm not a big fan of the Branson shows, but my wife loves to shop, and we both love to just relax around the pool and/or lake.

Room Tip: Lake view rooms have a balcony that overlooks Table Rock lake. I highly recommend a lake view room...
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Chateau on the Lake is one of few places I will stay when traveling to Branson/Table Rock Lake. Perhaps the most luxurious accommodations available in the area, this hotel is situated on the lake several miles away from the Branson 'Strip', its traffic jams and glitz. It is a convenient no-hassle drive to the Branson Belle, Table Rock Lake State Park & Marina as well as (a bit further) Silver Dollar City and the Strip.

During our stay earlier this week, we were in a Lakeview King room. The room was very spacious with a sofa/chair plus a walk-out balcony to enjoy the beautiful view of the lake. Everything was clean and spotless in our room. Shower pressure was great.

This property boasts one of (if not THE) best restaurants in the area - the Chateau Grille. We chose the fine dining option vs their casual dining option and had a fantastic meal. While I did not use the spa on this visit, I have used it in the past and found it to be a wonderful experience - large, beautiful spa in its own building offering a variety of services I have always enjoyed.

The only constructive comment I have about this hotel is the noise level from surrounding rooms. On several visits including this one, we found hall and neighboring room noises to be distracting. During this visit, we had an issue with continually clanking pipes and other strange sounds from the room above which made sleeping a challenge. The hotel is so nice for the area, however, I'll continue to overlook this and pack a pair of earplugs for my next trip.

Room Tip: If you are traveling during a low occupancy night, be aware that rooms are assigned to guests vertic...
1  Thank KC_Chillie
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Beautiful hotel with waterfalls and Vegetation in lobby, rooms were nice and clean, wonderful indoor pool and hot tub , outdoor pool was pristine and outdoor hot tub has a beautiful view of the lake, so relaxing!!
Had Mothers day Brunch which was superb, bit pricey but spread was amazing :))
My only complaint was concierge was on vacation in their high season with no replacement and the rest of the staff were not knowledgable of shows in Branson?
Talked to 3 different front desk people regarding magic show I wanted to see, had no clue, saying it must be new, and when I on my found it and discovered its been 5 yrs in Branson..... That was very disappointing
Other than that I would stay again

Room Tip: Ask for lake view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We have stayed here a few times to just 'get away'. The rooms are clean, large and quiet but the beds are lacking a bit and there is no fridge or microwave.

The pool area and swim area at the lake area well taken care of.

The spa onsite is nice and the restaurant is FANTASTIC!

Definitely recommend to anyone not interested in the hustle and bustle of the strip with its' go-carts, shows, mini golf, etc.

1  Thank vtxriders
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed there in Dec 2012. Had an off-season rate. It was absolutely fantastic. All decorated for Christmas, it was unbelievably beautiful. Enjoyed that kinda like an added sight-seeing event in Branson! Staff was so friendly and helpful. Our room was big and bed was wonderful. The only two things I would change would be a free bottle of water in the room instead of paying for it. I am not sure if we were charged for Wi-fi or not, would not have paid for it if it was not free, can't remember. AND, the breakfast was too expensive. Used to continental breakfast at most hotels, nowadays. Included with the room. It was NOT worth the money. Still, can't wait to go back on another great Groupon! Oh, and we had a fantastic view of the lake. The balcony was big enough to sit out on, had it been warm enough.

Room Tip: Read reviews!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sedbanker
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We recently stayed here and we really liked it.
The hotel is located right on the table rock lake. The hotel lobby is very beautiful with lots of plants and a nice waterfall. The voice of the waterfall echoes nicely in the atrium. Check in process was fast and the staff were nice. We had one of the cheaper rooms without a balcony, but our view was still okay.
The room was perfectly clean and the bathroom, towels and sheet were spotless. The indoor and outdoor pools were nice and especially the outdoor hot water whirlpool was a nice treat. We didn't use the spa services, but it looked really nice. We didn't try the onsite restaurants and cannot comment on the quality of the food.
There is also a close by marina with jet skis which made our day.
Pros: Great resort in Branson area, very clean and nice, lake front views are great. Marina, pools and the tennis courts are nice add-ons.
Cons: Food in the restaurants were pricey !

1  Thank Kamitravel