I stayed at this hotel with my family over the Thanksgiving Holiday. I was very dissapointed. The hotel bills itself as a fine hotel but the service is far below even a mediocre standard. The staff had so many failings I cannot list them all but here are a few: failure to open the door when you approach with bags, failure to move out of your way when you are walking (remarkable really - they just hold their ground and make you stop or work around them while they pass by), failure to include sheets and pillows for the pull out bed in my suite, failure to attend to the hot tub which was always too cold, failure to include all food ordered in my room service orders, failure to keep the informal restaurant open during the Thanksgiving brunch (couldn't even purchase a sandwich in the bar that day), failure to include regular coffee in the room (had decaf only - maid never corrected), the chef at breakfast consistently overcooked eggs and omeletes (every morning), overall failure to even try to show they are in the business of serving the hotel guests. Beyond the poor staff, the bed was extremely uncomfortable. The lumpy mattress had to be original to the hotel and was completely worn out.
On the brighter side of things, the hotel was very well decorated for the holiday. But, the appearance did not make up for the really poor service. If you are in the area you should stay at the Hilton at Branson Landing or Big Cedar Lodge. Big Cedar is not a hotel but its staff is far more accomodating than the Chateau and the amenities are far superior. I would not recommend statying at the Chateau and I will not be going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chateau on the Lake Resort and Spa,Branson's only AAA Four Diamond resort and spa. Nestled in the Ozark Mountains over-looking the pristine waters of Table Rock Lake, yet only a short distance from nearby theaters, shopping, attractions and golf courses. One of the features of the resort is its 10 story atrium lobby complete with cascading waterfalls,lush plants and foliage. All guestrooms have hand finished textures walls in warm tones, comfortable Perfect Sleeper mattresses, down comforters, 37" flat screen TVs, Wi-Fi. Most of our guestrooms have balconies with lakefront, lakeview or moutain view exposure. Our award winning restaurant the Chateau Grille, has great food, great service and breath taking views of Table Rock Lake. Our #Sunday Brunch is Branson's best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau On The Lake Hotel Branson
- Chateau On The Lake Resort And Spa
- Chateau Lake