“Great Week” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #81 of 140 Hotels in Branson
sw nebraska
“Great Week”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2006

We spent a very relaxed 5 days at the Tribesman. The staff was friendly and helpful. The Osage Jail unit we stayed in was old but clean the Timber ridge unit the rest of the family stayed in was also an older unit. It was also clean and every thing worked in both units.

The grounds are well kept, the hiking trails, while not long, are nice walks.

We rented a 24' pontoon for a day, the boat ran just fine, no problems with the equipment. We got a very good explanation from the young man in the morning which got us off to a good start.

The website photos and information is accurate, contrary to some other posts I have read about the Tribesman. Any doubts give them a call and ask. This resort is a comfortable family retreat providing a great getaway.

9 Thank nonametraveler

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Shawnee, KS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2006

We stayed at the Tribesman Resort in July 2006. We had a 2 bdrm Apartment in the Timber Ridge Section. These are probably some of the older units. The place was clean, but did smell musty, which is probably because they are by the lake. The room had a De-humidifier to help with this. But with that running and the air conditioner, and the fans that were in the walls between the main room and the bedrooms (so that the cool air from window unit would go into bedrooms) made it very noisy. Plus there were people above us who had kids and you could hear them running back and forth. We're used to a lot of noise though in our house, so it didn't bother us too much.

They have plenty of pools to choose from. Different activity going on each day and hiking trails. The staff was friendly and helpful.

If we were to go back again someday I will have to make my reservations sooner so that we could get one of the stand alone Houses with central air. They look very big and roomy and newer.

6 Thank Sara R
Beaumont, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2006

We had the nicest 5 day vacation ever and we stayed at the wonderful Tribesman
Resort in Branson, Missouri. Our cottage was very clean & there is lots to do
on the resort itself........kayaking, hydro bikes (bicycle that you ride on the lake), canoeing,
fishing, hiking, swimming, hot tubbing, etc.

It's a very relaxing place on Table Rock Lake & it is a few minutes away from Silver
Dollar City. The owners & staff are very helpful & friendly.

We went there from Texas and I would definitely like to go back there again.
A big thank you to everyone at the Tribesman Resort !!!

6 Thank pdeland
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2006

My family just got back from vacation at the Tribesman. We had a wonderful time and absolutely no problems. We stayed in the one bedroom one bath cottage with a view of the lake. It wasn't fancy, but it was spotless, cozy and comfortable. It came equipped with all the kitchen stuff you could need. It also had a washer and dryer which was nice. When we first checked in my son and I went for walk to explore the resort and right away we saw three deer. My son is 3 and had never seen deer so up close and I was amazed how close we could get without them running off. You can tell they are really used to people. We saw all kinds of wildlife during our stay including raccoons, chipmunks, squirels, rabbits, and tons of deer. There were thunderstorms the first half of one day of our stay, but that didn't spoil our fun becuase Tribesman has an indoor heated pool. All the pools were very clean and in pretty settings. Every section has it's own pool so they were never crowded. They had trails and a few play ground areas. It's a great place for families with children. They had fun activities for kids and faces on the trees. My son loved trying to find the trees with the faces on them. It reminded me so much of the summer camp I used to go to when I was a kid. It's just has a very laid back, woodsy feel to it. I would definently recommend this place to anyone who had kids. If I was wanting a romantic trip just with the hubby I would probably choose somewhere a liitle more posh but for the whole family this place was perfect.

• Stayed June 2006
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Aurora, CO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2006

My family stayed at the Tribesman in early August and had a nice time. The cottage we had had a nice little pond out front and we could take a short walk to where our boat was moored. It had a woodsy feel, and our family (2 senior citizens, 2 in their 30's and 2 under 10) had a great time.

The place was clean and had all we needed. The place was obvious older, but because of it's woodsiness, that is exactly what I was looking for. It had a cabin feel to it.

I recommend the Tribesman for your next family vacation.

• Stayed July 2005
9 Thank bdlewis2745
Milan, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2005

Spent 5 glorious nights and 6 beautiful days at the Tribesman from August 10-15th with my family of 5 (one teenager and two youth: 14, 11 & 9)
They loved the indoor and outdoor pools, we stayed in a 2 br 1 ba apartment that was very clean and the staff was very accomodating. They got us anything we asked for and they even showed my son and I how to play shuffleboard... it was a blast and he actually beat me bad.. then my husband showed up and won against out son... yeah.. .... The Tribesman is located so close to Silver Dollar City that we would go for a couple of hours and when it got busy we would leave and go back to the Tribesman and swim or eat. We have season passes to Silver Dollar City which allowed us to come and go freely, and we did thanks to the tribesmans location.. I can't imagine doing that if we were guests in downtown Branson... especially with the traffic there at times.. Thank you so much Tribesman for making our family vacation as special as it was. ... Can't wait to see you next year ... and get ready because we are bringing alot more family next time.... After we told them, they decided they are coming with us.
Thanks
Stephanie

• Stayed August 2005
8 Thank stepho
Independence, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2005

We just returned from a stay at The Tribesman and we were very pleased. The owners and staff were so nice, friendly and super helpful with everything. Our unit was very clean, comfortable..better than most cabins that I have stayed in the Branson area and others. The kitchen was adequate, even had a dishwasher! There were washing machines and dryers that were free close to our cabin. Each unit has a nice charcoal grill, table & chairs for outside too. We took our 2 small grandchildren and there were many things for them to do.. they had a ball. There are at least 3 swimming pools on the property, one is indoors. There are several small play areas for the kids. We rented rods (for .50/hr ) and let the fish eat our worms, took the paddleboat out for a spin, hiked on the trail, swam.. we had a blast! The tv has limited cable (didn't look for any jacks for DVD or game units) but we can stay home to watch tv or videos! We were able to get on the internet per dial up, but the resort asks you not to tie up their limited phone lines with the internet, so we only used it late at night just to check on business things (we did get a wireless signal from somewhere but our old lap top wouldn't take the wireless card we had brought.) It's only 3 miles from Silver Dollar City, 15 minutes into Branson. We were so delighted with our trip we are planning to return to The Tribesman in a few weeks for a long weekend.

• Stayed August 2005