“GREAT for families!”

Ranked #83 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Overland Park, Kansas
“GREAT for families!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was our second visit to Tribesman. This time, we brought friends with us. We had such a wonderful time. This place totally caters to kids. They have pools all over the place, fishing, and they even had a scavenger hunt for the kiddos. It looks like it is under new management. I noticed a lot of renovating and updating being done while we were there. Tribesman is a few miles south of Silver Dollar City, and that's they way we like it. We really did not want to stay off the main strip. We can't wait to go back!

1 Thank akacoops
ArnoW3, Owner at Tribesman Resort, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for your comments and review. Of course we'd also like to say thanks for choosing the Tribesman Resort for your vacation. We are glad that you had a nice time while here.
We are still the same owners; but, you are right in that we are working on a bunch of different resort improvements most of which will happen over the Winter. We appreciate that you noticed our continued efforts at improving our resort. It makes us and our staff happy to here when our guests notice the changes, we make. .Arno III

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Ballwin, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

The Tribesman is a family fun resort. It is very clean and everything I need is in the kitchen. We never leave to eat out. There is weber grill and table and chairs behind the cottage. They have all types of units. We like the apartment style next to the indoor pool. They give you soap, dish detergent, trash bags et. al. I have stayed at some really nice places and there is nothing there. If you ask for something and they have it and you don't they will help you. Heidi, Arno, James, Jan, and all of the staff on the grounds are wonderful. My little granddaughter was down at the dock and we didn't think she would make it to the apartment. One of the staff whisked my granddaughter and my daughter in a golf cart back to the apartment. We didn't ask. They were just there. As we left the gentleman asked if we would be back. I told him three times a year. There are tons of activities directed at the family. There are socials every afternoon at 4 p.m. The boat rentals are reasonable and James is awesome in giving instructions. We also used the tube. Silver Dollar City is right around the corner. I am perplexed why anyone would think the family who runs the resort is rude. I have had multiple conversations and the one best remembered is our first stay. My mom was really ill and we wanted to take the kids and grandkids when I spoke to Arno and Jan I told them my mom was very ill and I would send the deposit but she might pass and we might not be able to come. I said could they then reapply the deposit to summer. That isn't what they said at all. Arno told me we will return the deposit if your mom passes. I asked about documentation if that would be needed and he told me no and he was sincere about the fact she was ill. Tone is everything. We have been to the Tribesman 4 times in the past 18 months with a trip planned again in November to welcome in the Holiday season. My grandkids love the swim dock. It is four hours from home and the turtle catching, the metal detecting, and so forth is just terrific. One last comment that I think tells you how much we love it. My grandson cried as we pulled away. He said, "I love our lake house." Sincerely, Donna Conley Ballwin MO

2 Thank daconley
ArnoW3, Owner at Tribesman Resort, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
What a nice review ! Thank you so much ! Your comments have really made our staff feel good about what we are trying to do here. This review has energized us to refocus our efforts and try to do as much as we can for our guests. Thanks ! Arno W. III
st. clair mo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay. Very clean and quiet, private outdoor space. Could walk to convenience store (but don't unless you have to-go to wal-mart only a few miles away). Rented a boat and had a blast. Grounds were well maintained, pools clean. Had a small problem w/toilet, called front desk and friendly man arrived in 2 minutes-problem solved. Only 1 suggestion-lots of spider webs around doors and windows-I know they come up overnight sometimes when you are in the woods, but spraying or power washing would really help.

Room Tip: Stayed in 1 bedroom apt, no lake view.. Great outdoor space at #22. Beds are very firm (great for me...
ArnoW3, Owner at Tribesman Resort, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We are very happy to hear that you had a good stay with us and a nice time on the lake.
Also thank you for your suggestion . The buildings are all currently slated to be power washed asap and will be re-sprayed. It is always a challenge when out in nature and we appreciate you letting us know.
Thank you for choosing The Tribesman Resort and again thanks for the review. Arno III
Kangaroo Island, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Our family has come to the Tribesman several times over the last 10 years or so. If you are looking for the "cookie cutter" experience available at any large motel chain or resort it probably isn't for you. If you are looking for friendly personal service and unique experiences in a family setting then the Tribesman is the place. Our family rented kayaks and paddle boats, swam in the pool, played on the playground, participated in the scavenger hunt, and cooked out on the grill. When my husband walked up to the office and asked for a fan in our room it had arrived back before he did. The trees and lake make it a peaceful place to stay and the placement of the lodges make it seem quiet and uncrowded. We will continue to return to the Tribesman for many years, I'm sure.

ArnoW3, Owner at Tribesman Resort, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for your review and your comments. We do try to be something unique and not the cookie cutter hotel. Our goals are to give our guests a good value, memorable, and fun experience, here at The Tribesman.
Thanks again for your review. We are all very glad your family had a nice time.
Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Experienced our first destination reunion and it was like walking back into the 60's/70's or earlier. There were 'brown recluse spiders' in our unit; we killed 5; there was an 'Ortho' bug trap in one of the bedrooms. Their 'meeting room' was old and musty smelling and very very small. The hot tub by the indoor pool was full of rocks/pebbles. Asked for a bigger unit and was told they were not a hotel just could not get it ready in 5 minutes. They have very old units and new units, when looking on line, they only show their new units and this was what was shown when we went & looked to book in February. Owner very rude, place is not well kept and spread out all over. The reason for all the natural wonder is because they do not want to do the upkeep. Would not recommend!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank TLHmissouri
ArnoW3, Owner at Tribesman Resort, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
I'm sorry, but this review is simply and absolutely not true !
We are troubled and offended by this accusation. Our web site and brochures all show all types of units both new and not new. I'm at complete odds with your statement that we show only the brand new and that you imply that we only show pictures in a way to hide our true property. Our pictures are taken by us, they are not doctored, they are not professionally staged, they are simply pictures. We go this route to show the most accurate depiction of our property.
You also imply that you wanted to book a larger unit with us. First- we are always happy to switch a unit type if available. Second- it is not our fault that you booked the wrong type for you; but, we would have been happy to try to fix it for you. Third- again we would be happy to book a different unit if possible and YES it does take more than 5 minutes, as we pride ourselves in making sure the unit is clean and ready before we put a family in it.
Spiders well probably not but it is possible, I suppose. But if you had told us about them we would have dealt with it immediately. These rooms are professionally treated, and inspected, and guaranteed by the inspector. If this is true why didn't you complain to us. To say nothing to us but then state it later online only hurts the hard working people that dedicate their time to make this resort nice.
The hot tub would have only had pebbles in it if someone put them there. Occasionally children find this funny. We clean our hot tubs constantly. But if you found pebbles in the hot tub, why didn't you tell us ?
The one definite truth in this review is that our meeting room is small. A fact that we clearly state when people ask to use it. We are not a meeting room type property and so have limited use for a meeting room. But, it is also free to our guests.
LONDON
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

We loved the setting and the scenery but unfortunately that’s the extent of the positive reviews from my family.
• The furniture looks to be from the 70’s
• The beds are the most uncomfortable we’ve ever attempted to sleep on (keyword “attempted”)
• The pull out sofa was slightly worse than the beds
• The TV’s are OLD and small
• The kitchen utensils are CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP. We attempted to cook but it proved to be more trouble than what it was worth
We are a family of four. I met my wife and kids here as a halfway point meeting while I had been working long term out of state. We decided to stay an extra day for a little more time together so I went to the office to enquire about renting an extra day. The response I got was absolutely appalling. It was as if I were asking to stay an extra day for free or something. The lady’s jaw seemed to drop when I asked and she said “well absolutely not”. I asked if another unit was available and got another rude response. She brought someone else to the desk and told him what my request was; he said “no, we don’t do that”…and walked back where he came from. I said “okay, we’ll go to down the street and give our money to someone else”…
It’s a shame that such a nice location / setting is being wasted because of POOR ownership.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank CHARLIE T
ArnoW3, Owner at Tribesman Resort, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
First, I deeply regret that you were unhappy.
Secondly there are somethings that we don't understand. So I will explain. We have furniture from all different years but not from the seventies. We do try to constantly upgrade. But being a family business, and not a large rich corporation, we can not exchange all furnature each year. TV's yes some are smaller than others and as we replace them we are going to larger flat screens. Again this takes time and money; but, we are trying.
Also we dont understand why you wanted to stay here an extra day, if you didn't like it here. This makes no sense. If you would have come in, at the start, and explained that you were unhappy we would have given you your money back and even helped you find a place to stay. We don't understand why you didnt tell us you were unhappy; but still wanted to stay longer.
Also please note that the only reason we would not honor a request for an extra day would be if the room was unavailable. We will always honor our reservations. So we can only extend unit stay if the room is not reserved. We do not ever overbook so reservations must always be honored, first. Sometimes this makes the person requesting a longer stay unhappy. But again reservations must be honored.
The only other question I have is, why wait a year to give this review. We can do nothing now to make this right for you and this we do very deeply regret. Please If you are unhappy somewhere you stay-- tell the place. Most of us reputable properties will try to make it right. We are in the business to be a great place to spend your vacation.
Mansfield, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

We had a GREAT stay!! Staff was very friendly and helpful and since they weren't very busy we recieved a free upgrade to a bigger cottage! We will definately stay again!! I even lost my keys and instead of them looking in a box and saying "well no one has turned them in sorry" they said "write down your name and address and a description of your keys and if we do find them we will mail them to you because the resort is a rather large place and they could have fallen out of your pocket while you were exploring" which was a huge relief because I was kind of frazzled when I couldnt locate them and it gave me peace of mind that they would continue to keep thier eyes peeled for them even after I had checked out!! :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ArnoW3, Owner at Tribesman Resort, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for your review of our resort. I will share it with everyone here. We are always happy to send back lost items. In most cases, ( not all ) we do eventually find the lost item. We've all been there on a trip and lost something important. So we try very hard to help find the lost item for you.
Thanks again Arno 3