“Nice break from shopping”

Famous Dave's Barbeque
Ranked #38 of 388 Restaurants in Branson
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Good place to stop for some BBQ while shopping. My husband and I had the chicken nachos. They were good but need a little more chicken. Server was friendly. We enjoyed sitting on the patio with a view of lake Taneycomo.

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Lunch combos are served daily and are a great deal. For just an extra $1 you can add a 2nd meet. I recommend the BBQ chicken which is a 1/4 chicken, the ribs and brisket. Mashed potatoes and cornbread are both excellent as well. This particular location has a nice outside seating area overlooking the water. All 5 sauces are good so its hard to decide on which to use. Wish we had a Famous Dave's in the St. Louis area but since we don't I find them when traveling.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

A good location for a variety of BBQ styles and meats, do try the Mac N Cheese for some heat. Quick service in a large establishment which makes it a good choice on the Landing when trying to grab a bite when its crowded.

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We had ribs, beans, and pineapple steaks. All was good. The staff was friendly and attentive.the cornbread muffins were moist.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Once a year I go to Branson with my boyfriend's family for a family reunion, and at least once we will end up here at Famous Dave's. Every year we go it has never had good service. Last year I ordered a strawberry margarita, and when another waiter (not ours, just someone helping him out) brought my drink to me it got spilled ALL over me (not just on me, but all over the table and floor also). The other waiter seen it spill, he just goes "oh I'm sorry" and hands me 2 little towels and walks away. The whole time this is going on and I'm cleaning up this mess all by myself, our waiter is no where to be found. Also, in case you're wondering strawberry margarita stains a white purse bright red, you're socks also and makes you're shoes, and yourself, smell like a bar. When we got our bill we were still charged for the drink, so we spoke with a manager who was kind, he even picked up our whole bill. Secondly, this year our waiter was beyond terrible. We were in a party of 11, they sit us at a few tables pushed together which were meant to fit 8 maybe 9. Just about everything we asked for (extra plates, drink refills, napkins, kid's drink, etc.) we either never got it or took him forever to bring it. We asked him if the bar would have some juice for a kids drink, he said no, so a member of our party just walked up to the bar and got it themselves. Once we got the bill, we understood why he was like that. Gratuity was already added for us, so he knew that no matter what happened he got his fair-enough tip. We are all very nice people and would have tipped ourselves, but would I have tipped the full amount that was added onto our bill? NO. I understand why restaurants do that, I was a waitress for a few years, BUT that doesn't give you the right to completely ignore us and give terrible service.