“Do not stay here!”

Best Western Plus Landing View Inn & Suites
Ranked #44 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed June 16, 2006

Please stay away from this motel. I have to say this is the worsy motel I have ever stayed at. The beds were so horrible that my children couldn't even sleep, nor did my husband & me. The rooms seemed clean but the outside was filthy. The staff was not helpful. And between the noise (traffic seemed to go non stop and being on a hill next to the road it was horribaly loud) and the beds as I mentioned earlier no one got any sleep. Please do not give them your money. They shouldn't be open. Thanks.

• Stayed: May 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
jeffkeen, General Manager at Best Western Plus Landing View Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2015

I'm very sorry you did not have a pleasant stay with us in the past. I believe you will be pleasantly surprised if you come back and try us again. We have upgraded our hotel and the staff is all new and very strong.

Reviewed May 30, 2006

We stayed here over Memorial Day weekend. The rooms were average size probably a little larger than some of the newer hotels. This is an older establishment. They are remodeling the rooms but the outside and corridors are trashy looking. The continential breakfast was lousy. Some of the others hotels in Branson have them beat hands down. They only serve donuts, apples, toast, or dry cereal. It's pretty blah!! The swimming pool is indoors and nice they only down side is it's only 3FT from end to end. We asked for a non-smoking room but the room smelled of smoke. I've come to the conclusion this is very common especially when you stay in an older hotel. I've experienced this several times in Branson. The front desk people are not that friendly. We had a difficult time finding a place to park one night because the parking lot was full. When we asked the fromt desk clerk were we could park. She acted like she didn't believe us when we told her the parking lot was full. We finally found a spot in a different parking lot very far away from our room. One good thing about the hotel was we did have a refrigerator, microwave, and coffeemaker.

• Stayed: May 2006
3  Thank ousoonergirl1

Please come back and try us again. We have new management, new staff and upgraded rooms. As they say now, "ti's all good."

Joplin, MO
Reviewed May 27, 2006

This is the first review I felt I needed to write:

This is THE WORST Motel/Hotel I have ever stayed at in my 44 years of traveling.

Waited over an Hour for our rooms, Staff not friendly nor caring.

I suggest (if you must) stay at this Motel STAY at YOUR OWN RISK! Don't expect much :/

• Stayed: May 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Please come back and give us another try. We have new management, upgraded rooms and we are now a Best Western Plus Hotel.

Reviewed April 17, 2006

The room was clean and great but was on the side next to the street which was noisy as well as a church right across the street which was playing loud music at 8:00 am Sunday morning from an outside service (lousy quality speaker). The entire pool was only 3 foot deep both ends which was very disappointing to us as we were looking forward to a relaxing evening swim Sat. night. The continental breakfast consisted of doughnuts and coffee, that was pretty much it. The front desk staff were none too helpful in telling us where anything was when we checked in nor very friendly when we were checking out. We definitely won't stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2006
1  Thank ldoll40

Sorry you weren't pleased with your stay in the past. Please come back and try us again. There is new management and we have had several upgrades recently.

Reviewed March 29, 2006

This hotel was clean. It appeared to have been recently remodeled but it is still an outside entry hotel. Although the room was very nice & clean on the inside (2 room suite)....it was a downstairs on the corner room with outside entry. Kind of crummy on the outside but very very nice on the inside. So...if you can get past the outside appearance, it was very accomodating. The suite had a nice jacuzzi in the room and 2 t.v.'s. I felt it was a little overpriced. I've had nicer rooms for less money. I would probably look to stay somewhere else if I were going back.

• Stayed: March 2006
2  Thank idclaire

We have upgrade our rooms and our staff is well trained and ready to please. Come back and see us again.

wichita, kansas
Reviewed November 26, 2005

The staff was very friendly at check-in and check-out(5 minutes later). The room given to us, was not Best Western quality. It was dark, musty, and noisy. As I look at the pictures on their Web Site, I wonder if I was at the same Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

We have new management at this time. Please come back and give us a try. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Reviewed August 8, 2005

I'm glad I did not read the previous review or we would have stayed elswhere! This is an older facility but it has recently been updated. It was VERY clean, had all the amnities we had at the more expensive hotels, and the pool was open 24 hours (!!!) . I was extremely pleased with the value for the price we paid! The staff was very friendly and helpful with the fastest routes to take to get to various attractions. The comp breakfast was pretty much the standard fare, but hey, at least they offered it! And the location is great! It is just a couple of blocks east of Highway 65, so you don't have to deal with the congestion of the main streets to get to your hotel, but it's easy to get to the back-roads to got to all the main attractions. Well worth the small price they ask!

• Stayed: August 2005
6  Thank Joan A

We have upgraded even further and now have a free shuttle to the Branson Landing and the Convention Center. Please come back and see us again. I believe you will enjoy your stay.