“Great Motor-coach Hotel”

Ranked #42 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Nashville Tn
“Great Motor-coach Hotel”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My group stayed at the Branson Towers hotel in Aug of this year. This was my first time for P J Tours, but the start of many future visits to this Property. The rooms were very spacious, and clean. The staff very very helpful. I treated my group to the Ice cream social one night and it was a great way to finish off a busy day in Branson!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank PjtoursNashvilleTn
JPayneBranson, Manager at Branson Towers Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for such kind words! I am thrilled to hear that we made your stay very enjoyable and that you will be back to visit us again! Thank you very much for complimenting my staff; I am glad to see their hard work being paid off!
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our ice cream social that takes place in the lobby. That delicious blackberry cobbler is hard to forget! I will save you a piece for when you come next time!

Thank you again!

Anna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Hot Springs Village, AR
Reviewed October 31, 2011

On first impression this is a great 2.5 star place to stay. Nice approach, pretty lobby. Rooms are decent size and beds comfortable. But this is the first hotel ever, whatever the star rating that didn't offer toiletries. There was a liquid soap dispenser over the tub. Thats all in the form of toiletries! And only one washcloth. Guess they thought we could share that. I asked for a bar soap and shampoo. Got 1 small soap bar but no shampoo. But did get two washcloths this time. There was coffee in the room first morning, but the next morning I discovered that there was no coffee and they even left us our dirty styrofoam cups for us to reuse. I went to the front desk to ask for coffee, clean cups and shampoo. Was told they would get us the coffee and cups but no shampoo. Didn't even get the coffee and cups till I called that night and requested again!

1 Thank Auntjam
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to review our hotel.

I am very glad that you found our lobby, room size, and beds to your liking. We do have a very nice, welcoming lobby, featuring three-story grand staircase and a piano. We are also proud to provide comfortable, brand new pillow-top mattresses in all of our oversized rooms.

I do apologize that my housekeeper did not leave any toiletries in the room prior to your arrival. This is not a normal occurrence at the Branson Towers Hotel. We do provide shampoo/body gel in the dispensers in the bath as well as facial soap and lotion by the sink. I am sure it was not intentional and I have already talked to each one of my housekeepers and asked them to pay closer attention to such details.

I also would like to apologize that my housekeeper left your Styrofoam cups in the room after servicing it the second day. We have had several guests in the past get upset when housekeepers threw away their used cups and empty water bottles due to the fact that many people reuse those the next day. I have instructed the housekeepers to leave guests’ belonging on the table when in doubt, including empty water bottles, used cups, old newspapers, crumbled paper, etc. Thus far, several of our guests have been thankful and I am sorry if our actions have caused you any inconvenience.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. I hope that despite those minor details, you did enjoy your stay with us and will return soon.

Thank you!
Kansas City
Reviewed October 29, 2011

Are you kidding? This hotel did not have the cable channel that carried the world series. Now it wasn't all bad, I could have watched a Pokemon cartoon or a great DIY channel without the volume on because the alarm clock radio in the room had the station that played the MLB World Series. So, I missed game 6 and 7 while staying there...yes I could have went to another establishment to watch, but had the family...it just wasn't going to be.

That being said, the hotel isn't all bad. The hotel staff is about as friendly as humans can be. The beds are very comfortable, the bathroom was very clean and we liked the location (off the main strip).

The family was not happy with the breakfast and wanted to go out after the first morning. I talked them into having cereal and made it up to them at lunch. I thought it was ok. The fridge in the room did not work, but that wasn't a huge concern for us for this trip.

Would we stay here again? Probably not because we have been more pleased with several other hotels in Branson at this price point.

Room Tip: Either stay near the lobby or at the back of the hotel if you would like to shorten your walk from y...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
JPayneBranson, Manager at Branson Towers Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to let us know how your stay with us was.
First of all, please accept my sincere apologies for the fact that we did not have the channel that was broadcasting the World Series. I truly hope that my explanation below will show that this was out of our control.
Channel 5, which is now KOZL, used to be affiliated with the Fox network up to September 2011 (very recently). Since becoming an independent station, KOZL includes some of the Fox programming such as “Everybody Loves Raymond” and “House, MD”. Sadly, because the station is no longer affiliated with the Fox network, most of the Fox programming is not broadcasted, which included the World Series.
The station became an independent without our notice and it was out of our control. I do understand that those were very important games and I am very sorry that you did not get to see them.
I am glad that you got to enjoy your pillow-top mattresses and my staff showed you the Ozarks hospitality that we are known for. I am sorry that your family was not impressed with our breakfast, but I am glad you thought that it was acceptable. We do serve hot biscuits and gravy, sausage, eggs, fresh waffles, fresh donuts, cereals, fruit, 100% juice and much more!
I am sorry that the refrigerator in your room was out of order. Did you let my front desk staff know that? We have maintenance on duty at all times and I am sure the issue would have been taken care of in the matter of minutes, if it was reported to us promptly. Would you please get back to me and let me know what your room number was? We will take care of the refrigerator right away so that the next guest is not inconvenienced the way you were.
Once again, thank you for your time and I truly hope that you will understand that the station becoming an independent and no longer being affiliated with the Fox network was out of our control. We do strive to make each one of our guests comfortable and I hope that you will see you at the Branson Towers Hotel again soon.
Thank you!
Operations Manager
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Tried to stay at this hotel last weekend. But when we arrived it was booked for the weekend before. Asked for a refund and a room. Was told no, its been over 7 days and we have no rooms. Yes its been over 7days cause it was booked for the wrong date. We knew when the vacation was to be. There were no rooms on the correct date we arrived, This was booked over the phone and we should have gone a different route apparently. Asked for the upper managment info and we were told they didnt have this at the time. Sent an email to them and its been 48 hours later and nothing in return. Not an even "we are working on the problem to see what happend."

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
JPayneBranson, Manager at Branson Towers Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for emailing us about the issue. I understand that you called on the 11th of October to make your reservation. I am sorry that my front desk clerk was busy at the desk and had to return your call. Instead of having you on hold for several minutes, we prefer to call you back so that we are not wasting your time waiting on us. This usually makes our callers content and I am sorry if this has caused you any inconvenience.

Your reservation was made for the 14th of October. All the information was read back to you at the end of your conversation with my front desk clerk, including the confirmation number, dates of stay, room type, and total amount due. It is our policy to read everything back to you so that if there are any discrepancies, they can be corrected at the time the reservation is made. I have downloaded the video and audio of the time period when you called in which my front desk clerk clearly states the date of your arrival. We held your room for you for the 14th of October which was a sold-out night.

When you came in a week later, we were also sold-out and we did not have any rooms to accommodate you. When I offered to play the video and audio back to you, you refused. I am sorry but we do not have permission to record you when you call us and that is why I do not have a recording of your voice. But I do have the recording of my front desk clerk reading the information back to you and she stated that your date of arrival was October the 14th.

I do understand where your frustrations are coming from; however, I am not able to refund your money back to your card because that would violate our policy which can be found on our website.

Thank you very much.

Operations Manager
Branson Towers Hotel
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Easy to find. Close to our show. Friendly staff. We slept well. Enjoyed breakfast choice & speed in spacious sunny room. Look forward to staying with you again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed October 19, 2011

This hotel was a very clean hotel. It is on a hill overlooking Branson and close to the Mansion where our show was located. It is also close to the Sight and Sound theater where we had previously seen a show. My mother recommended this hotel to us as this is where she stays when she comes to Branson to see the shows. We appreciated the full breakfast we received the next morning. The people who work here were friendly. The beds were comfortable. An indoor is provided, too.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
JPayneBranson, Manager at Branson Towers Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2011
Dear Guest,

I truly appreciate you taking your valuable time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. Your input is very important to us as well as our future guests that are making their decision on where to stay in Branson.

I am overjoyed to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. My staff works very hard to ensure that every guest has an experience similar to yours. We do have the most comfortable pillow top mattresses and deluxe pillows and our free full breakfast beats what our competition has to offer most of the time (not many properties in Branson provide 100% fruit juice for breakfast).

Please thank your mother for putting in a good word for us. We will be looking forward to welcoming your whole family back at Branson Towers Hotel soon.

Thank you again for such kind words.

Anna.
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed October 18, 2011

the pool was great for the kids, it was a little outdated but very clean. it was a perfect location, close to everything but out of the busy area. continental breakfast was fantastic, included waffles, biscuits and gravy, eggs, cereal, donuts, oatmeal, fruit, etc. beds were very comfortable, nice new showers.

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for letting us know that we met your expectations and that you found our property clean and our breakfast superb.

I do agree that some areas of the property look outdated and need attention. Since taking ownership of the property a little over a year ago, we have set a schedule for renovation and updating several of the areas.

In our view, the most important feature that needed to be changed as soon as possible was the mattresses. We have invested several hundreds of thousands of dollars into what we think our guests will value the most—pillow top mattresses and deluxe pillows. We believe that a good vacation cannot be enjoyed without a good night sleep.

A few months later we have completely renovated the breakfast area and have expanded our breakfast to include 100% real fruit juice, gourmet coffee, biscuits and gravy, sausage, eggs, fresh waffles, donuts (delivered fresh every morning). We have also added several other items such as hard boiled eggs and fresh fruit choices that have been frequently requested by our health conscientious guests. We believe that after a great night, fantastic breakfast is what our guests need to enjoy their Branson vacation.

We have just recently updated all the refrigerator/microwave combos in all of our Preferred rooms.

I wanted to assure you that our renovations are ongoing. We have several projects planned for the winter season.

Once again, thank you for taking your time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Anna.