“A great place to take your family”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Branson
Silver Dollar City's Wilderness
Ranked #21 of 76 Specialty Lodging in Branson
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Despite the fact that we spent eight, 100 degree plus days camping at The Wilderness, we had a great time. I will try to make this a start-to-finish review.

Reservations: There is a paid staff on duty until 10pm, so it is usually easy to reach a human to make reservations. They are very knowledgeable about the campsite sizes, locations and all other pertinent information regarding camping. They have water, electrical, and sewer available. The nightly prices and deposit fee are both very reasonable.

Our arrival: It was 105 degrees out, the check in was swift and our site was clean and ready to go. The office/store has about everything you can imagine related to camping necessities, so don't panic if you forgot butter or pancake mix, they have it and it's reasonably priced.

Campsite: The campsite was a clean hard packed rock pad. The hook-ups were located in a logical area, and they even have free cable television, (cable wires are available in the store). Here is where newcomers need to be advised, some of the sites are pushed up gravel pads, the back side of the pads drop down a big hill and there is not much room on the site other than the actual given dimensions. There was not much room on the site after setting up the camper, awning, and parking my truck across the front of the site, parallel to the road.

During our stay: After our check-in, we set up the travel trailer and headed to relax in the clean and refreshing pool next to the office/store. It was crowded, but that’s to be expected during such a heat wave. The pool was clean and the chemicals were checked very frequently during the day and evening, which has to be done when it’s so hot and sunny. One night, they closed the pool a half hour early because the chemicals were not right. The kids and I were bummed out, but it was assuring to know that they were taking such good care of the pool. During the day, there was a visible maintenance staff moving about the grounds. Our neighbor (I think he caused the problem,) has a sewer issue, and the maintenance staff was there quickly to fix the issue. By the way, most of the sites are well shaded by oak trees, a wonderful feature in a heat wave, but could be a little scary in high winds.

Restrooms/Showers: The bath facilities are super nice and super clean, never have I seen any like it in a campground before. The actual showers are large and private.

Location: Because the campground is owned by Silver Dollar City, there is a shuttle to Silver Dollar City, 3 times in the morning and returning 3 times in the afternoon, which is super convenient. Meanwhile, it’s only a mile or so to drive to the park. The campground is located on 265 bypass allowing access to all the back ways around Hwy 76 congestion. Whitewater is a simple 10 minute drive.

Final impressions: This campground is a great place for families or travelers interested in a quiet laid back facility with the side benefit of being located close to Silver Dollar City and all the other Branson attractions. There is no reason I can think of that should prevent a person from booking and enjoying a site here.

Room Tip: The have a good map of the campsites on their website, which can be accessed through Silver Dollar C...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank pkfirefighter

Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stayed in one of the cabins here and just loved it. Comfortable beds, clean bathroom, "rustic" furnishings, nice big pool area..... The shower was TINY.... But it had great water pressure and loads of hot water. All of the staff were very friendly, the area was quiet...Just a great cute little place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dana M
Reviewed July 4, 2012

First trip to Branson, a last minute decision close to the holiday I wasn't sure where we'd end up. Wilderness replied to my email quicker than I anticipated, Mary K was very helpful on the phone and even returned my call when we were running behind schedule. The campground was exceptionally clean, as was the RV we stayed in for four nights. Everything we needed was provided, so I overpacked for no reason! The entire staff was friendly and helpful with my inquiries. As a single parent I want to make life long memories for my daughter. Know she and her friend had a great time. I particularly enjoyed the early morning hours of quiet and the sweet smell of pine. The shuttle to SDC is a great service. Everything is near, yet you wouldn't know it tucked away at the Wilderness. I can't say enough good about Wilderness, but definetely intend to return, and would reccommend this campground to anyone. Thanks for making our stay enjoyable and stress free!
G. Elmore

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank gelmore
Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

Great place! Love that they offer free cable hookup to campers. Showers are amazing! Friendly staff

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Bellabean12
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We love to go camping at The Wilderness. Any time we go camping in Branson, this is the place we call. Reasonable rates, and you won't find cleaner facilities at another campground. We haven't ever rented a cabin, and is why I rated the room section a 3, but those look nice as well. We also like the convenience of the free bus to SDC too. If you're looking for a great place to go camping in Branson, look no further.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 12, 2012

The Wilderness at Silver Dollar City is an excellent campground. My family and I spend 2 nights and 3 days there this past week and it was great. We camped in a tent and the campsites are extremely nice. The bathroom/showers were very clean and everything was well maintained. We will be staying there anytime we are going to Silver Dollar City. I highly recommend this Campground!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2012

My family and i stayed here for 3 nights and 4 days! I LOVED our experience, very clean and very accomadating to everything we needed! right down the road from silver dollar city and not too far from the strip! LOVED our stay and we will rent a cabin here from now on our yearly visits to Branson! thank you so much to the staff at The Wilderness!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family