“Never again”

Hilton Branson Convention Center
Ranked #24 of 139 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed February 9, 2014

After staying many times here and considering this "my home away from home " as my grandparents live in Branson , I can 1000% say I will never be back . The management is a joke in the entire hotel . My fiancé and I ate in the steakhouse and it was off season and we were the only ones there . It started at the bar for a drink ... I paid good money for a glass of wine only to find out that they emptied the very end of the old bottle in my glass resulting in all kinds of sediment and then they topped it with a new bottle . Was gross and when I showed them , they did nothing about it and the bar manager was there . Then dinner , as the only people there the server seemed knowledgable however never came through . He said he would be back with bread , never came , food took forever and had to ask several times for the condiments we asked for . Our appetizer plates sat there the entire time as well . I will say one positive thing ... The food was amazing . One of best stakes ever however with service like that as only people there .... What is the excuse ?!! Ordered Last Vegas on paper view back in the room and paid a hefty price to find out it was a boot legged version - numbers on bottom on the screen , terrible sound and all ! Talked to management that evening and was promised so much only to find out it was a joke and no one even called us back and was back to square one . Called again and all they did was send us a dessert to the the room and a half apology from management . Checked out and couldn't get out soon enough ! Discovered I had left an expensive ring and and ran straight back and it was no where to be found !!! Management promised me housekeeping had not been in there and issued me a key and I went there and all the sheets and trash had been cleaned ... Still they stood by the " no one had been in here " when I knew clearly they had . Once I waited patiently as they kept checking in other guests not even checking in with me I finally spoke up . My fiancé asked to check the room once more and when he went up housekeeping was in there and the ring magically showed back up ! This is not the first time I have had something stolen from this hotel and I will never go back and I do not recommend it as they clearly don't care for their clients just will accept your credit card ....

Room Tip: Don't waste your time !
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lauriebklein
MichelScanlan, Manager at Hilton Branson Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Lauriebklein:

The guest expereince at the Hilton Branson Convention Center Hotel is always our top focus and I would like to apologize again for the lack of service in our Level 2 Steakhouse. In speaking to your fiancé while on property, we discussed your dining expereince and he did notate the lack of service. We did take care of your entire check as we are dedicated to the guest experience. As far as your ring, the ring was found by your fiancé in the in-room safe. A lock interrogation was offer to ensure your peace of mind that no room attendant did in fact enter your guest room. As a valued guest, I would like the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel. Please contact me at (417) 243-3561 if you would like to discuss your stay further.

Michel Scanlan
Director of Hotel Operations

There are newer reviews for Hilton Branson Convention Center

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. the rooms are clean and the staff is very accommodating. We used the meeting rooms and the staff was very helpful with that and the meals were top notch. Hilton of Branson is a hotel I would stay again and again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2014

This hotel is beautiful, well-kept and the bell and front lobby staff are very friendly and helpful. What you will find is that they are "elevator challenged" ... The hotel has to be 2-blocks long (or more) and there are only 3 elevators at the north end of the hotel, so if you are in meetings at the convention center, then you'll need to make a hike anytime that you want to go back to your room. They should have installed at least 3-sets of elevators. Ours was not a huge event... we had perhaps 700-800 people at most but when when our meetings broke up, then you would be standing in line at the one bank of 3 elevators to get everyone back to their rooms. A beautiful facility, directly across the street from the Branson Landing. I'd love to go back for a family trip...but there's a charge of $9.95 per day for each device (computer, ipad or iphone) that you want to connect to the WiFi. Valet parking is only an added $4/day.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 28, 2014

The convention center, rooms and all personnel that I encountered were excellent and I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends or family going to Branson. The rooms were clean and had a very refreshing aroma. From the time we called for Bell service and Valet service took no more than 15 minutes for them to come for us. The food was good and of an appetizing appeal and very reasonable in price.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 28, 2014

An excellent partnership - convenience, hospitality and service. An ideal "PLACE TO BE" when organizing and presenting a convention EVEN IN JANUARY. Distances getting to Branson might be a burden but once there THE SHOW IS OWN!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Need free internet, and better TV programs, and better parking, need to be free comfortable bed, great service, very clean, great service from everyone we came in contact with Convenient to Branson shows, shopping etc

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2014

The perfect hotel to stay while in Branson MO. It is walking distance from Branson Landing with plenty of shopping and dining including Bass Pro. It is also walking distance from downtown with more dining and antique shops. And if you do not want to pay the $10 self-parking fee, they have complimentary parking in the Convention center parking (a short walk from entrance of hotel and you may enter the center). And the place is safe at night and they do not require their guest to use their bellhops. We had a wonderful time. Thanks Hilton.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family