“Good Food”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch
Texas
“Good Food”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We recently ate at the Cracker Barrel in Branson and it was very good. The capable waiters made certain you were served efficiently and quickly. As always, the prices are great.

Visited December 2013

Coon Rapids, Minnesota
“Can't go Wrong”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

No matter which Cracker Barrel I have eaten at, I can't seem to find anything wrong with the food, the atmosphere or the wait staff, Your down-home cooking with a layed-back feeling. I would recommend the Cracker Barrel to everyone. We have been to many across the United States and have tried to find them when we travel because we have NO complaints about them.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank ImaWingBiker
South Bend
“What a Blemish on a great restaurant chain”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We go to Cracker Barrel's across the country because you know what to expect and what you are going to receive in respect to the service, the food quality and the atmosphere.

We ate dinner at the Branson, MO Cracker Barrel and ordered our normal fare. Nothing to fancy, eggs, french toast, and bacon for one; eggs, sirloin steak and sides for the other. The first steak that came out was burnt and dry - they took it back to get a new one. The eggs, french toast and bacon was cold when it was served.

The new steak came out and while it was cooked properly, it was dry and tasteless, as well as cold. The manager delivered this new steak. I showed him how hard the biscuits were by knocking one on the table several times. The manager smiled and laughed, then told us they had a new girl doing the biscuits and she was having trouble getting the hang of it. WHAT???? My 20 year old son told the manager that his food was served cold, but he was eating it and just wanted to let the manager know if the situation. The manager told us that his food probably got cold while waiting for my first steak to get done - WHAT????

The meal spiraled down from these two comments. There was never an apology offered from the manager for the cold food, the two bad steaks or the biscuits - just his smile. No offer for something else to eat, 1/2 off for the meal.... simply nothing. The waiter couldn't say sorry enough for the meals, and the lack of concern from the manager.

The only redeeming point of this restaurant was the cashier, Katherine. She comp'd our entire meal while appearing appalled that we were treated so poorly in the restaurant.

I would suggest that they make Katherine the manager and the manager should move on to another career.

We will continue to visit Cracker Barrels across the country, but will never visit this one again!

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank E B
Lansing, Kansas
“Good but have had better”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Great service and food was served quickly. Food was good, although there was things that could have been better (potatoes had many lumps and not much gravy). Portions were smaller than I had remembered, but I hadn't eaten at cracker barrel in years. Price was reasonable at around $30 (with tip) for couple. I'd eat there again, although I think I've gotten more for my money other places.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank DSchuler
Columbia, Missouri
“Just what you expect”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

It's your basic Cracker Barrel: Comfort food and plenty of it. Good service, good prices and a store to shop in while you wait are all there. It's always a nice visit.

• Visited November 2013