“Stormy Point is Great”

Stormy Point Village a Summerwinds Resort
Reviewed December 11, 2008

We stayed at Stormy Point last week (first week of Dec 08). Cape Cod type houses are excellent, stayed in a 3 bedroom unit. Only 3 miles from Shoji Tabuchi's Theater, so not far from all of the shows and down town sights. Management is changing, Festiva owns the first group of houses, Summerwind will own the rest, 300+ units.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank whitml

Reviewed October 15, 2008

This is a place in progress. This is our 3rd yr to book with them. We are going back in Nov. We see new and improved things each yr. They have lots of plans and own land all around so as they build the lake will be just a short walk or ride. It all takes time.....ask about the big pic. We are so proud to be owners and take our friends with us. Each time the cottage has been very clean and we had everything we needed. We like being away from the busy rush but able to get to any show or shopping within min. Branson is a great place to go on a vacation. Having ones own little cottage is great. You only hear your own noise. I say little cottage but they are really very roomy.

Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank EufaulaOKJudy
Reviewed September 4, 2008

We were invited to stay at the resort with our in laws, who had booked the trip after reading that Missouri was a great place for boating, jet skiing, etc. I have to say I'm not sure where all the negative reviews are coming from - it sounds like people who attended a timeshare presentation and didn't like their 'free gift' - sorry to say, but nothing in life is free, which is why we AVOIDED any timeshare presentations while visiting Branson.

The village is absolutely adorable. The lake is kind of far, it was about 10 minutes to the state marina, and the drive was pretty - this Phoenix family enjoyed every moment of the greenery! Just don't be surprised by the travel time to the marina or that you can't just walk to a marina from the resort.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom/2 bath home. It was 2 stories and very cute - there were 7 of us (4 adults, 2 children and 1 baby) and we all fit pretty comfortably - there was enough seating for all of us to sit together in the kitchen, but there wasn't much seating in the living area (a couch and an armchair and the floor, that's about it.) Speaking of floors, like many other reviewers have mentioned...they were really dirty! In the laundry room there was a 'wet/dry vac' that we used on day 2 and it seemed to help a bit.

They did provide a few things, laundry soap (for 1 load), dishwashing soap as well as dishwashing detergent, a pack and play for the baby to sleep in, and garbage bags. We were told they didn't provide pool towels but there were four in the downstairs bathroom.

The pool area is nice - lots of seating and a large pool as well as a baby pool. They provided beach balls and other pool toys, which I've never experienced at another timeshare. The staff that we dealt with was all friendly - for the most part (just don't ask for extra garbage bags or a few extra bars of soap!)

All in all, we had a great experience and loved the resort - I enjoyed having our own 'home' instead of being in a large hotel-style building with neighbors that could be loud.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank arizonarachel
Reviewed August 3, 2008

We bought a timeshare on Ebay for Stormy Point at a great price, and were looking forward to actually experiencing our new purchase. Our family of four stayed in a two bedroom cottage. When reading the reviews, you'll have to be aware of what they're evaluating. Evidently, there may be some questionable sales tactics used to draw people here. However, the resort itself is very nice. We were very pleased with our lodgings, including the comfortable king sized bedsand the large, walk-in master bath complete with jacuzzi tub. There were plenty of extra pillows, blankets, towels-whatever you might need. There was a towel exchange in the middle of the week-just leave your towels in the kitchen & the maid exchanged them for clean ones. There were televisions in both bedrooms, as well as the living room. The decor was attractive and up-to-date. The kitchen had all the amenities we needed, including basic cooking utensils. Also included were a small bottle of dishsoap, auto. dishsoap, and a sample of soap for the clothes washing machine/dryer, also located in the unit. There was coffee for the machine for a morning or two, but you had to purchase extra. (We just ended up getting the complimentary coffee in the clubhouse.) We never heard neighbors. The back porch was nice to relax on, but there are no more bar-b-que grills at individual cottages. There are a few placed strategically throughout the resort, but it was a bit of a walk, and you did have to buy coals. We didn't end up using those.

The clubhouse was beautiful, and the view from the top of the lighthouse was great! Don't miss the Breakfast with the Stars on Monday morning-so much fun! The pools are small, but functional. Our two teenagers were glad to use the workout room with most equipment that you might want, as well as a sauna. We never got to try the restaurant, but did enjoy a drink or two from the bar while lounging by the pool.

The location was convenient to everything, yet it felt like you were in your own little village. The one complaint that I had was that the resort is described as being "steps from the lake". Well, it may be, but it would be MANY steps, and it would probably be over someone else's property or aways down the road. The lake is not convenient to the property. Not for walking anyway.

The customer service was adequate, nothing above and beyond, but they met our needs. Overall, our entire family very much enjoyed the resort, a different feel from the rest of the Branson area.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank Christianmom5
Reviewed June 22, 2008

Well they lied to us to get us to come, they promised a 4 or 5 star hotel, we got a 1 star hotel that smell. They told us that it was the only room they had, that was a lie. The hotel manager said they could upgrade us if they wanted. They refused, so I upgraded. The next day, they promised me it was a mistake and on one has ever staying in that hotel and would fix everything.

Three lies, after simply saying that I would need more time to think about there offer. I was told I could stay in fleebag motel for the rest of my life or I could take the offer. So I said no, and they didn't fix a thing. Later I found out that their guest stay at my hotel all the time.

The last day, the evaluation. One big lie. No evaluation, they don't care about your opinions, they was still trying to sell me the same package. I ask him, why would I buy after being lied too, and he admitted that they know that the company that they pay to get customers here, lie to do that. He admitted that they never upgrade your hotel, unless you buy their property,.

oh, and the 90 minute sale presentation was really 3.5 hours, not 90 minutes, another lie. can you see a trend. It was almost funny how mant times I was lied, face to face. Only come here if you want to be lie to.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
15  Thank Jason97825
Reviewed June 9, 2008

Stormy Point Village does not deliver what they promise. We booked the property through a timeshare company. Both our timeshare company and the Stormy Point Village website say that the resort is on the lake. The website even shows a picture that makes you think you are overlooking the lake. This is not true. You can not see Table Rock Lake at all from the resort. You have to walk out of the resort, over a road, up a hill, and into another resort before the lake is even in sight. When I confronted the staff about it, one of them commented, "Well, the lake is really not that far away". There is no marina, which was also advertised, unless you call 4 boat slips with a broken down dock a marina. There is no beach. This is all stated on the website. Most of the employees were friendly. The check-in people were not helpful. You can tell that there is a problem with owners/management at this time. The people at check-in and the people that work in the club-house are not communicating and it is very obvious that neither of them want to help the other out because of the Summerwind/Festiva problem. This was noticed from the moment we arrived.
The resort, cottages, pool, and clubhouse/grill are very nice and a great place for families. We also thought it was a great location. I just wish businesses were honest.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
13  Thank anlvdn
Reviewed June 8, 2008

When we told friends & family we were going to Branson, MO for our summer vacation we received everything from belly laughs to words of sympathy. Because our week was a time share exchange and a "done deal", we traveled on without high expectations. Well, the joke's on those Doubting Thomases who thought we were going to have a miserable week.

First, Stormy Point Village was great and in a very good location - off the beaten path, but just a few minutes drive to everything. It's on the far west of town and very close to beautiful Table Rock Lake. In fact, you can see the lake from top of the lighthouse located on the property. This lighthouse is 50 feet tall and 75 air conditioned steps will take you to the top where the view is worth every step my husband and I climbed.

We stayed in a 3-BR, 2-BA cottage. It was sparkling clean and brand new. The decor looked like it came out of a nautically-themed Potter Barn Store with bright reds, blues & yellows combined with white trim. Our bedroom had a dormer with 3 windows in it and the ceiling was covered in beaded board. I took photos of everything because I was inspired to do some re-decorating at home and wanted to remember the great ideas found throughout our cottage.

The kitchen had granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances. Even the light fixtures and ceiling fans had an industrial look with the brushed nickel finish. We used the stacked washer & dryer in the laundry room several times.

The only down sides I could find with our accommodations were the fact that we were not able to have a handicapped accessible unit (we traveled with my 86-year-old mother-in-law) and the landscaping (sod/grass) stopped with the front yard with rocks & weeds for the sides and back yard.

The pools were nice - 1 baby pool, 1 outdoor pool, 1 outdoor Jacuzzi & 1 indoor pool. There was no-smoking at the pool or clubhouse which was very appealing to our family.

They had activities for all ages at the clubhouse every day. My 18-year-old daughter and I had Mary Kay facials which we LOVED! And my husband and I took ball-room dance lessons which were SO much fun!

We were able to purchase show tickets at the clubhouse for a rate that was even lower than using our AAA card for discounts. We went to see the Yakov Smirnoff Show which was a very funny and rewarding 2+ hour event. I highly recommend it. We also went to the Titanic exhibit - well presented and very sobering.

Another activity we really enjoyed was riding the DUCKs - on land and out into Table Rock Lake. This is a must-do attraction.

We ate almost all of our meals in the cottage - because I love to cook, even on vacation! One food stop we made was to the Dairy Queen and I was NOT impressed with the lack of hand washing mixed with handling money, etc. exhibited by the employees.

Our last night at Branson we drove east to Historic Branson and had supper at Garfield's - just OK, but the shops along the waterfront were lovely, clean and new. Everyone working in each shop we visited - without exception - was friendly and helpful. It was nice to experience Southern Hospitality in Missouri.

They also have a fire & water exhibit on the waterfront created by the same people that choreographed the dancing waters at the Bieligo (sp?) Hotel in Las Vegas.

Our family had a wonderful time in Branson. MO and would have stayed longer and taken in more shows if we had more time and more money.

The only down side I realized about our trip to Branson from East Tennessee was the long drive and the last half closest to Branson is not on the interstate. On the up side, the infrastructure of Branson was excellent with well marked and well maintained highways.

If you want to visit Branson, MO, don't let anyone discourage you with negative comments and go & have a great time like we did!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family