“No Pets Allowed” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stormy Point Village a Summerwinds Resort

Stormy Point Village a Summerwinds Resort
“No Pets Allowed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

I made a reservation on-line to stay 5 days at Stormy Point Village in Branson, MO. We have stayed there before and enjoyed it. This trip we are bringing our miniature dachshund with us. There is no place on the website that I could find that said pets were not allowed. I googled, "are pets allowed at Stormy Point, Branson, MO" to see if I could find a different place telling about pets. These are timeshare cottages an a timeshare user group came up with a listing for stormy point. It said there are pet friendly designated units that can be requested. There is a pet fee of $25 first night and $10 thereafter. So, I assumed pets were ok. On my reservation I asked for a pet friendly cabin and told what kind of pet I was bringing. The full amount of the reservation was immediately charged to my credit card. Now, a week later I receive a call telling me that pets are not allowed. I have to cancel my reservation but they are charging me a $25 service fee! I did cancel my reservation and I will not be back! They need to state whether pet are allowed or not on their website!!!!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
11 Thank blackburn2010
SummerWindsResorts02, Public Relations Manager at Stormy Point Village a Summerwinds Resort, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Thank you for your post. We regret that you came across some conflicting information on the Internet regarding our pet policy for rental guests. Unused Resort inventory may appear on various different rental channels and can even be offered for rent by individual owners. If you will contact us at: info@summerwindsresorts.com and give us complete information on your rental we will try to facilitate a refund of the service fee. We sincerely regret the misunderstanding.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Leawood, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

The whole community is very quaint...like a village of little cottages. Our condo was actually a free standing cottage...like a small house! It was very clean and had a nautical feel to the decor. There is lake access which was nice, as we brought our fishing boat. The clubhouse and pool were great! The village is not far from the activities of Branson.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Bob B
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

The floor was dirty. The wood flooring looked nice, so the whole family members were walking in the cottage barefoot or on socks. We were totally shocked to see each other's feet after a while, they were totally black!! I called the front about it, and they said someone would be in touch, but they did not call me during my entire stay. I left a message to the manager before we left, had no response back. They completely ignored my concerns.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank Little_helper72
SummerWindsResorts02, Public Relations Manager at Stormy Point Village a Summerwinds Resort, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for your post. We sincerely regret that we failed in our mission to provide each guest with the best experience and service possible. Your comments have been forwarded to our Resort General Manager.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

My family and I stayed in "Branson's Nantucket": Stormy Point Village the week of Thanksgiving, where we connected with extended family. At first, I thought the name was a bit cheesy, but I ended up really enjoying the nautical theme and the use of Cape Cod style architecture throughout the resort, which was actually attractive. The cottage we stayed in was great. It included all the amenities we needed; the beds were comfortable, and I even liked the personal care products (some kind of really nice "Sicilian Orange" soap, shampoo, conditioner, and lotion, instead of the gross oily floral stuff I typically see in hotels and resorts). Staff at the clubhouse and circulating around the property were courteous and friendly. I liked that it was a few minutes outside of Branson, so we weren't dealing with the noise and traffic of the strip, but it wasn't hard to get around - at least with a map or GPS handy as the curvy roads around the city can challenge navigation.

Room Tip: I saw several different cottages around and don't really have a suggestion as to one being bette...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Trevor C
Rogers, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

Several family members gathered in Branson for a Thanksgiving week reunion. Most of us stayed at Stormy Point. All staff members are very pleasant and helpful. The cottages are comfortable and well-maintained. Grandkids enjoyed the indoor pool.

1 Thank Joneen C
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

We stayed on a week exchange through interval international at Stormy Point Village - the staff were very welcoming and went beyond expectation! The units were well maintained and things were relatively up to date. I would certainly stay again! If you are heading to Branson and want to get tickets for the shows be sure to stop by the store and see Michelle - she was super helpful and ensured that we got the best seats available. Thank you to all the staff who made the week an awesome part of our trip!

2 Thank KHF20
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

We rented a four bedroom for seven people, which included 3 children. Plenty big enough. Beautiful decor. Great facility for workout, swimming, and entertainment for kids and adults almost daily. The guys and grandma went fishing almost daily at table rock while the girls hung around the pool and went shopping in Branson. We stayed 7 days and I didn't want to leave!!!! Can't wait to go back. We didn't pay for internet. We had free wifi. The wifi didn't work good at ALL at the clubhouse though!

Room Tip: make sure there is a broom or vacuum in your cottage. We had to track the cleaning ladies down!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family