All reviews the cottages bedroom cottage salty dog nautical theme individual houses time share water park electric grill back porch daily activities sales pitch table rock lake three bedroom great resort other resorts laundry room jetted tub
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This is a great place to stay !! Very clean and the staff was very cheerful and eager to answer any questions. A nice quite location but close to all that Branson has to offer. We really enjoyed Silver Dollar City. The only draw back that I found was that I gained ten pounds for all the excellent restaurants in the area.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank David_Anderson_1962
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I love that you have your own house so only your family is awakened by the crying baby and not the neighbors. The floors were very dirty...not to look at b/c it's wood, but our feet were filthy. Also, the fridge light wouldn't go out, so the heat toasted our bread and spoiled some food that was by it. Otherwise, the pool is great, the staff is helpful, and it was a great place to stay in Branson.

Date of stay: September 2012
5  Thank HipToBeSquare
Reviewed August 20, 2012

In terms of a property to stay at, Stormy point is a gem nestled ACROSS from Tablerock lake, just off 265 and minutes from the north end of "the Strip". These are 2 and 3 bedroom New England style individual town homes. The final phases of the property are still under construction so unfortunately I was woke up at 7am to bulldozers outside my back window crushing rock the first several mornings of my vacation! The property manager, Don, listened to my concerns and discontent and did what he could to remedy the situation. The outdoor pool is very small and basic, as is the indoor pool. There is a clubhouse which serves good food and daily drink specials but closes too early at 10pm. There are crafting activities for small fees on a daily basis and just a few exercise programs such as water aerobics and yoga. They also have a poolside barbecue every tuesday with music (FUN!) and poolside movies twice a week. Supposedly, sometime in 2013 the water park will be finished and some years later, the Marina will be completed. When it is finally done (we had been promised it finished several years ago) this will be a premier property to stay at in Branson!
Read on only if you are considering purchasing into this timeshare community.......
This is a time share property and unfortunately, we had very bad dealings with the Summerwinds company. They are building a limited number of 4 bedroom units which supposedly are only being sold to current owners. We were former Festiva owners and unfortunately, were roped into "upgrading" to Summerwind owners for a large chunk of change 17 months ago or so. At that time we wanted to upgrade to the 4BR unit and were told they weren't selling them. Then when we returned this past August, and inquired about upgrading to a 4 BR, we were given a price which they claim was a mistake. When it went to titling, were were told they couldn't give us that price after all,(even though they had signed the proposal sheet) To make up for their "mistake" they would take $2K off the original offer, but we would have to surrender our annual week for a bi-annual week. We were also told it didn't really matter because we'd have the option to pay a maintenance fee every year if we wanted to come back yearly. The sales manager confirmed that that was misinformation, because the 4 BR units are not available for bonus weeks. Bottom line, be very wary, and QUESTION everything!!!!!

Room tip: These are 2 story townhomes.The 2 bedroom units and 3 bedroom units are the exact same size. Difference is the 2BR units utilize the entire top floor as the "master" bedroom and have a larger bath area. The 3 bedroom units have a king bed/bath downstairs and 2 rooms upstairs with a king connected by a small bathroom to the 3rd bedroom which has a full bed. The upstairs King bedroom in the 3 BR unit has a smaller bath area, but larger room and much larger closet than the downstairs unit. I suggest putting the early risers in the downstairs bedroom. The units are very bright and light comes into them early. Kitchen space/living area is small.
Date of stay: August 2012
9  Thank Dreamer803284
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed with our 6 year old in July for a mini vacation. I am always hesitant about booking lodging, but this exceeded our expectations. I loved the charming houses all painted in different colors with gingerbread trim and the wooden bridge you cross on the property. All cottages seemed to be in excellent condition on the outside and they were adding onto the property. The security to get into and out of the resort was reassuring, and they were so friendly. Check in was smooth and I got a really nice girl (all I remember is she said she was new and she was learning). The others were ok, but not overly friendly. No biggie. We got to our cottage and it was so nice to actually have a great place to stay (sorry, Branson, but we've been many times and others were very, very bad). They had lots of towels, toiletries, dishwasing soap, laundry soap, etc. Additionally, there were just a couple very minor issues: floors in bathrooms were a little sticky, one of the armoire drawers was stuck and unable to open and it was very bright in the mornings (not much in the way of curtains there). Oh, and the pool(s). My son wanted to go swimming so bad, but there was just no way to get in there. It was so busy you were body to body in the outdoor pool area and the indoor pool was just so small and there were a lot of adults in there. We swam on the lake though, so he wasn't too disappointed. Anyway, the many, many positives outweighed any negatives and I would suggest this place to anyone, as this was the most charming place we've stayed in Branson.

Room tip: My only suggestion is that we booked a 2 bedroom cottage and it was very nice for us, but might be a little too cozy for more than 1 family.
Date of stay: July 2012
2  Thank kcmomofbrandon
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed via my relatives time share. The house is lovely. Could use a paint job but for 5 years of service and only one week a year available for updates, it was very pleasant. Pool is adequate, at first thought kind of small but we never had a problem getting a lounger or room in the pool. Heard they are expanding the pool so there is a kid's area then adult area. That would be nice as I think the older generation would like a non kid invaded area. Prices were reasonable at the snack bar. The resort was full but you never really saw or heard anyone. Very peaceful. We were very late in arriving and the security guard helped us with a smile. Front desk personal also very helpful and friendly. Easy access to the attraction area of Branson. We never ventured to the lake since we went to the dam and check it out. Definately stay there again. Great Staff!

Date of stay: July 2012