All reviewsthe cottagesbedroom cottagesalty dognautical themeindividual housespoint resorttime sharewater parksummer windselectric grillback porchgated communityvacation homedaily activitiessales pitchthree bedroomgreat resort
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We have stayed here several times and each time it is excellent. Staff is great.

Room Tip: All are excellent.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BillShera
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Would totally reccomend this resort. Just got back from a week there in a 2 bedroom cottage and had a perfect time. Be sure to attend breakfast with the stars on Mon. Spent 2 hours hearing 12 or more acts from Branson shows. Great fun and breakfast too. Staff was super friendly and helpful. Our water heater had a prob, and in minutes service guys converged to fix it. Beautiful setting and more private than a condo. Just marked them down for lack of a great pool and not enough seating infamily room of cottage.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank cathicarter
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I purchased a 4 night stay through Groupon. I was a little leery, having never done so before. After booking and receiving our confirmation e-mail I felt a little better. When my sister and I arrived all concerns faded. I couldn't believe how new and adorable the cottages were. Check in was a breeze. Our cottage was available a few hours before the allowed check in time. When we entered we found a nicely stocked cottage. Aside from standard towels they supplied utensils, bowls, plates, coffee cups, pots and pans, cooking utensils, a coffee maker, electric can opener, a butcher block knife set, cutting board, mixing bowls, colander, electric hand mixer, a grill on the back deck, robes to pamper yourself, a television in each bedroom as well as a flat screen just above the stone fireplace. We were impressed by the apartment size washer and dryer, which is very handy when traveling with 2 children. The kitchen also had a dishwasher, once again a big help. The decor was tasteful and didn't feel like a cheap themed room. As for the condition of the unit we did have an issue with a bathtub being dirty when we arrived, as well as it not draining properly. When we called to have the issue resolved they were friendly, timely and both fixed and cleaned the tub. The staff upon check in, check out and the maintenance crew were all very friendly, prompt and quick! The pools were nicely maintained. They have a children's pool that is only 1 foot deep and has a water feature that looks like a giant mushroom that water cascades over the top of. The "adult" pool was small, but nice. The hot tub outside was great. We also took advantage of the indoor pool which was well kept. My only complaint is the cleanliness, or lack of, when it comes to the cottage we stayed in. I think it would behoof the company to better clean the units to really appeal to potential investors. I've never walked on dirtier floors, yuck! After showering I would shuffle on a bath mat to the bed, praying I didn't lose my balance. Certainly, this shouldn't be a draw back for anyone entertaining the idea of staying at this village. Just pack your slippers, I wish I had! The only other draw back is for those traveling with little ones like I had. The front door of each cottage is not equipped with a dead bolt that is separate from the door handle. My one-year-old was able to open the front door, even when locked, by simply pulling down on the door handle. Scary, but it was remedied by placing a large chair in front of the door. Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this village to someone. We never were hassled by timeshare sales staff, perhaps because we were there through Groupon. There are some out dated and "ratty" accommodations in Branson, this is not one!

8  Thank Elizabeth M
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We used a Groupon to stay here for 3 nights. I was nervous because I didn't know what to expect on a Groupon vacation but I was really surprised at how nice it was. The only reason I wouldn't give it a 5 star is because the villa did not have WiFi. Also, the cell phone reception is terrible around there. I was able to get somewhat of a reception by walking around outside but inside the villa, it was terrible. I wasn't the only one -- a guy staying at a villa next to us was outside trying to do the same thing.

6  Thank SaintLouis__MO
Reviewed May 10, 2012

After reading some of the negative comments, I didn't know what to expect on our first trip here but thankfully, we are having a wonderful time. Evidently, Stormy Point sold a handful of cottages to Festiva to use as time shares when they first started and Festiva does not take care of their properties or provide the service Summerwinds does. We did walk past these cottages and while they looked fine on the outside, the yards, trees and shrubs were in obvious need of tending. The rest of the properties look great and we have seen people out every day working on them.

The staff and service are amazing! We've called for service twice (once was due to our ignorance) and have had someone here to correct the problem within 2 minutes! I have never stayed anywhere with such quick turn around. The first time we stayed in the Branson area was at Big Cedar Lodge, which is also a wonderful place. I find this just as nice, although the grounds are not as extensive and they don't have as many amenities. Yesterday we rented a pontoon boat for the day and stopped at 2 different marinas for a bathroom and fuel break. The rental fee through Stormy Point was almost a third of what the other marinas charged and was also less than Big Cedar Lodge. The boats were clean, in great shape and the person who walked through the checkoff list with us was professional, friendly and thorough.

We did go through the sales presentation and found the people just as agressive as with any other sales presentation. But you know, for 4 free tickets, I don't mind it at all and always have fun chatting with the sales person. They had a game room for our 7-year old to hang out in and he didn't want to leave!

All in all, we are thoroughly enjoying our week here and are looking forward to coming back in the future and bringing family and friends. By the way, this is a spontaneous review and we are in no way linked to Stormy Point. I have no reason to post this review other than the fact that I and my family appreciate very much the delightful accommodations and the friendly and professional staff.

The only negative comment I might make about the place is the fact that they have poor signal here for cell phones and computer as it's tucked in a valley, though we have managed fine. And, there is also a charge for internet service, but that's true with a lot of places.

Barbara Hoover