All reviewsthe cottagesbedroom cottagesalty dognautical themepoint resorttime sharewater parksummer windselectric grillback porchgated communityvacation homedaily activitiessales pitchthree bedroomgreat resortother resorts
Reviewed May 10, 2012

After reading some of the negative comments, I didn't know what to expect on our first trip here but thankfully, we are having a wonderful time. Evidently, Stormy Point sold a handful of cottages to Festiva to use as time shares when they first started and Festiva does not take care of their properties or provide the service Summerwinds does. We did walk past these cottages and while they looked fine on the outside, the yards, trees and shrubs were in obvious need of tending. The rest of the properties look great and we have seen people out every day working on them.

The staff and service are amazing! We've called for service twice (once was due to our ignorance) and have had someone here to correct the problem within 2 minutes! I have never stayed anywhere with such quick turn around. The first time we stayed in the Branson area was at Big Cedar Lodge, which is also a wonderful place. I find this just as nice, although the grounds are not as extensive and they don't have as many amenities. Yesterday we rented a pontoon boat for the day and stopped at 2 different marinas for a bathroom and fuel break. The rental fee through Stormy Point was almost a third of what the other marinas charged and was also less than Big Cedar Lodge. The boats were clean, in great shape and the person who walked through the checkoff list with us was professional, friendly and thorough.

We did go through the sales presentation and found the people just as agressive as with any other sales presentation. But you know, for 4 free tickets, I don't mind it at all and always have fun chatting with the sales person. They had a game room for our 7-year old to hang out in and he didn't want to leave!

All in all, we are thoroughly enjoying our week here and are looking forward to coming back in the future and bringing family and friends. By the way, this is a spontaneous review and we are in no way linked to Stormy Point. I have no reason to post this review other than the fact that I and my family appreciate very much the delightful accommodations and the friendly and professional staff.

The only negative comment I might make about the place is the fact that they have poor signal here for cell phones and computer as it's tucked in a valley, though we have managed fine. And, there is also a charge for internet service, but that's true with a lot of places.

Barbara Hoover

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Barbara H
Reviewed April 25, 2012

We had wanted to stay there ever since touring there some years ago. They are separate Victorian style cottages, very nice: we had a 3 BD, 3 BA. Lots of room for our party of 5. Full kitchen, of course. We really liked the decore. The indoor pool was wonderful; the outdoor pool was not open (seasonal.) We enjoyed the activities. They had good prices for shows.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank RonandJoan
Reviewed April 2, 2012

After investing in this place we were concerned about our investment. However after staying here for the past two years we have grown to enjoy this place. These are not condo's but single family dwelling. They include everything to enjoy your vacation in style. Our family looks much more forward to our Vacationing thanks to Stormy Point.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Ken C
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We stayed at Stormy Point Village in Branson during our spring break in March 2012. Check in was easy, although there is a $250 refundable deposit. The kitchen is well stocked with a blender and toaster as well as pots and pans, cups, glasses and silverware. There is a nice sized fridge and freezer with an ice maker. We were in a 2 bedroom cottage and the bedrooms have plenty of room. They all have closets and dressers in them. The beds are comfortable and our pillows were feather. They were a little small for me, but I did bring my own just in case. The bathroom was well stocked with towels and wash cloths. There is a small trial sizes of shampoo, conditioner, and soap. However, the person I was with asked for more and they did bring more. You can get towels exchanged on Tuesdays and Wednesdays but you have to call 24 hours in advance. The pool towels are in the cottage bathroom. There is a small apartment sized washer and dryer for your convenience. The upstairs tub was a Jacuzzi tub. The bedrooms have TVs in them as well as the living room. The back porch has rocking chairs and an electric grill. Our cottage was very clean and comfortable. While we were there we had to call maintenance once because a lamp broke and they were there right away to fix it. Also there are activities on the resort like bingo, duct tape wallet making, candle making etc. There are 3 pools on site. One indoor and 2 outside. One of the pools outside is more like a wading pool with a giant mushroom that sprays water. Although it was rather cool when we were there they pools were still available to the guests. There is also a lounge with food and alcohol. We had to pay $8 for a pitcher of beer so we felt that was pretty reasonable. Now for the down side of Stormy Point. There is a hot tub and it is rather small and can fill up quickly. Also when we were there a lot of kids came to the pool and get pretty rowdy as kids do. So if you just want to relax in the pool you might not be able to much. Also at the gift shop you can buy tickets and they say they are reduced cost. Basically any of the savings is the sales tax. Also, there are quite a few steps to some of the cottages. I didn't see any handicapped ones, but they probably have them. Also there are a lot of cottages and I think it gets pretty busy in the summer. But overall it is a great place to stay and I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Corine2222
Reviewed March 5, 2012

My husband and I and another couple spent a wonderful week in a 3 bedroom cottage at Stormy Point Village in Branson. It was both very clean and looked as if it had been newly redecorated. We are all RVers and belong to a camping resort in Branson so this was a new experience.

From the time the reservation was made until the morning we left the entire experience was nothing less than perfect.

The staff who checked us in could not have been nicer or more helpful. During our stay we had some plumbing issues and maintenance was there immedialy and then checked with us several times to be sure all was fine. The maintenace crew was both efficient and very cordial.

Even in the month of February the property was well kept and beautiful.

We left feeling relaxed, "spoiled" and sorry the week had come to an end.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends