“We loved this place!!”
Review of Cantina Laredo

Cantina Laredo
Ranked #24 of 389 Restaurants in Branson
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2010

We ate dinner here while on our trip to Branson. We loved it! The salsa was wonderful. My husband ordered 3 different enchiladas and I ordered the veracruz enchiladas (spinich/chicken). We liked everything we had and the mole was awesome.

We also ordered dessert. I love flan and the flan at Cantina Laredo was very good. The apple pie dessert w/ cinnamon ice cream that comes out hot on a skillet was even better- it was delicious.

Our server was very good- one of the better servers we have had in a very long time. Although we didn't sit on the patio- it has a great view of the lake and the water/fire show. Overall, this was excellent mexican food. We will definitely be back next time we are in town.

1  Thank lbkslp

Reviewed June 21, 2010

I originally wrote a raving review on Cantina Laredo back on July 14, 2009 (Urbanspoon, user KristyB..) I'm sad to say that the past few visits there have gone down hill. I must preface my most recent review and say that Indra is a phenomenal waitress and that if we go back again, we will request her for a server. We've had her several times in the past year and she has been perfect everytime and this review has NOTHING to do with her or her service.

That said, on to my review. I took my husband here yesterday, Fathers Day. We arrived around noon and were promptly seated. Our server was Wendy. She took our order and about 5 minutes or so later, we were given chips and salsa.
About 3 minutes later, our fajitas arrived. Great....love them, can't wait to dig in. Hubby makes his and finds that there are no green peppers in the skillet. When Wendy makes her round to check on us, I ask her politely if we could please get a few slices of green peppers. She acted as if I was putting her out with this request. Um,ok....any other time we've ordered fajitas, green peppers have always been in the mixture along with onions and red peppers. No big deal though. Wendy returns with a plate topped full of green peppers, piled high. Fine, whatever...be wasteful, we'd just asked for a few slices, not 3 entire green peppers, which is what it looked like.
Anyway, as she sat the plate of peppers down, she also left our bill and said "no rush."

This is a big pet peeve of mine, at any restaurant. By offering the bill that early, to me that says "move along, I'm done serving you" Mind you, we weren't hanging around, we were still eating and had every intention of ordering dessert.
We continue eating and ran out of salsa. Wendy was serving the table behind us, so as she walked away, my husband politely asked if we could get more salsa. She just stares at us for a few seconds and hastily says "yeah!" While we were waiting, I set the empty bowl of chips along with my empty water glass at the edge of the table so that she could see that both were empty. As I look up (our table was a booth in the bar area) I see one of the managers, Chris just standing around watching the game on TV. Nice!
I'm quite fed up at this point as our service has been completely lack luster. Of course the staff isn't going to want to do their jobs correctly if they witness their own ON DUTY manager hanging out watching the tv.
We were never offered a refill on drinks or chips, never given the chance to order dessert. Had to practically beg for a to go box.

Unfortunately, this has been the way our past few visits have gone. It's a shame because we use to always rave to our friends at how fantastic the food and service is here.

As we were walking to our car, we ran into the other manager, Scott. We had spoken to him on previous occasions, so he knew who we were. My husband explained our experience and he apologized profusely, even though he obviously wasn't on duty. He offered to make it right, to which we declined. We just wanted to make him aware of the horrible service and actions. We also raved on Indra and how much we enjoy it when she is our server....just to let him know he certainly has a fabulous employee!

We will give it one more try but we will most definitely be calling ahead to make sure that Indra and Scott are working.

1  Thank Kristy37
Reviewed May 17, 2010

Loved this restuarant.Food was delicious and it had a classy atmosphere.

Reviewed May 9, 2010

We have one of these restaurants in our hometown. This restaurant is just like ours...good food, good service, great times.

Reviewed February 8, 2010

This place is amazing. Great service, great location, and GOURMET Mexican cuisine. Very upscale place, very nice servers.. amazing dishes. It's as if Manhattan's restaurant scene moved into Branson and opened a Mexican restaurant. Absolutely amazing tacos, salsa, and salads. Very upscale place at reasonable prices. What a great place. it reminded us of the Hacienda in St. Louis, but had better food, if that is possible. Amazing decor, great service, and downright amazing food. Among the best Mexican cuisine we've ever had--anywhere.

Been to Cantina Laredo? Share your experiences!