“A favorite!”
Review of Cantina Laredo

Cantina Laredo
Ranked #41 of 393 Restaurants in Branson
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Skinny margaritas...guacamole made at your table and the Mexican brownie.. -My favorites! We always take 1/2 our meals home for leftovers. Enjoyed all for my birthday luncheon! Oh my...I love Mexican and these can't be beat. Love the tables by the window to see river activity. If go mid afternoon, rarely have to wait for a table. This is always a favorite restaurant when we go to Branson landing! We tend to eat first and then shop as we over eat..it is that good!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,369)

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Just had a wonderful dinner at the Cantina, excellent food and service. The restaurant sits on the river in downtown Branson, not the strip, the old downtown. There is a whole area maybe 3 blocks long of shops and restaurants, a few sit on barges in the water, Laredo is land based but sits in the center by the fountains that shoot water constantly, and about every 30 minutes do a dancing waters type show with fire, not on par or close to Bellagio but nice, especially with the river as a backdrop.

Our waitress Hamde was excellent, attentive but not intrusive, water glasses filled without asking, chips and salsa replenished without asking, just great all around service. She recommended their signature dish, it is a steak wrapped around a pablano peper stuffed with mexican chees, mushrooms, and shrimp; they then add a wonderful house sauce that was just excellent. The taste of the combination was Gourmet.

My wife had fajitas with steak, chicken and shrimp wrapped in bacon; she coulndn't finish but just loved, and I got to finish which I loved. The chips were fresh, the salsa came in two temperatures and was homemade and also excellent, the hot was just hot enough for me, the mild was very good with just a little kick, which all salsas should have as a base otherwise just put tomato's on your chips.

The rest of the menu had some interesting items. Wife had a virgin magarita whcih I tried and also liked, they were only $4 as Thursday is ladies night for them so half off. While neither of us are gaucamole lovers they do a tableside making of fresh gaucamole for $9, we observed and it looked great if your thing.

Overall just a great dinner, with excellent food, view, and service. We sat outside which was perfect, but if you have to sit inside it is very nicely appointed. Great job and my only regret is leaving town soon and won't have chance to try more of their menu. The prices are going to be higher than your typical Mexican places, my dinner was $22 and wife's $20, our total tab with 1 drink was just under $50; but oh so worth it for the quality, environment, and uniqueness of the dishes.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We met two friends there. Were able to get happy hour prices, and the food was excellent. This was more like "real" Mexican food, rather than the Tex-Mex that most places serve (which we also like). We ate outside, which overlooks the fountains at the Landing in Branson.

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for margaritas. Beautiful lake side restaurant on the Landing with indoor or outdoor seating. They have covered almost outdoor seating toward the back that has a water view but less crowded.

Our drinks were strong but we're a little pricey-$9.90 and had to be 12oz. It was a nice break though. We would like to go for dinner or dessert sometime, if anything, for the atmosphere which is somewhat lacking in this country Mecca that I enjoy so much!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I am from Texas & have eaten some of the best Mexican food anywhere. Branson is not known for its eating establishments, however, this is a great place for food, atmosphere, location & scenery. The food, although different from Tex-Mex, is very good & worth the experience. Be prepared to take extra $$ as the meal will cost a little more than an average Branson restaurant.

Been to Cantina Laredo? Share your experiences!