“Great atmosphere, almost a museum, lots to see”
Review of Gilley's Texas Cafe - CLOSED

Gilley's Texas Cafe
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We have had lunch here several times during the live taping of Mickey's new cable tv show, "Gilley's Place."
Burgers, chicken fried steak and nachos are mediocre, so this time I ordered a Philly Cheese steak sandwich. I was disappointed when it was served on Texas Toast. I will not repeat that one.
Service was very good on that day and food served hot in a reasonable.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

country theme- complete with rideing bull. Large portions of good food with taste beverages. Hostess and waitress very friendly. Good value for your dollar. Gilley's Texas Cafe hwy 76 Branson,Mo

1  Thank dissatisy
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We went pretty late...well late for Branson and still had good food, good service and good entertainment! Our server was not overly nice but he was very efficient. Everything was correct with our order and we never had to ask for anything twice. My daughter, age 7, asked if she could sing karaoke and he said she could...I was surprised they allowed kids but I was so happy they did because she had a blast! By the end of the evening there were other kids also singing which was great entertainment and fun! The other singers that had come to sing karaoke were really very good...which surprised me,lol. They added a "show" for our dinner which was a bonus! The food was good, nothing over the top or gourmet but it was good! I had the fajuitas and I liked them. My husband ordered the pork chops and he said they weren't that good. The chilli was pretty average for being award winning. The chips/salsa/cheese dip appetizer we ordered was very good! I think I would stick to ordering the tex mex stuff though. My mom got a taco salad and she really liked it also!

Overall if it was just the food I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much as we did but with the karaoke and the fun atmosphere we really enjoyed our evening and we plan on going back!

One last thing that I always wonder when I go...prices...they aren't to bad here! It was very reasonable for a dinner.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

This is not a place to go for the food....though the Texas nachos are really good. The margaritas the best we've found in Branson. If it's karaoke night you're in for a real treat - many of the singers are quite good are some are so awful they're really entertaining! There's hardly ever a lull inthe entertainment. A few years back we stayed right next door to Gilleys and since then we always stop here at least once every time we're in Branson.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

After seeing Mickey Gilley in concert we went next door to eat. The food was mediocre at best and the service was the poorest we experienced during our stay in Branson. We were seated immediately upon our arrival but it was over 30 min before the waitress took our order. Food came about 30 minutes later. After we were done eating it was over an hour before we got our ticket to pay. Once the food was served we never saw our waitress again.