“Joe's - One of our favorites”
Review of Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack
Ranked #69 of 389 Restaurants in Branson
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Have visited a few of Joes's Crab Shack in different parts of the US, this one did not have the atmosphere of the others - could have been any seafood restaurant. No music, no dancing. Very pleasant waiter though as were all the staff we came across. Food was good as usual especially coconut shrimp!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

This is the third time I went into a Joes Crab House and there quality never fails. We had the steam pot which was delicious and shrimp Alfredo. The food is tasty, fresh, and definitely worth the money

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I've always told my wife, if a restaurant specializes in something order that. So slap me up side the head, what do I do but order lobster at the "crab shack."
After having probably 100 lobsters in my life, this was unequivocally the worst. So tough I couldn't eat it. Overcooked to the point of a leather shoe!
I complained to my waiter but all I got was some extra queen crab to replace it. (I had ordered the bucket which contains lobster, crab, shrimp and sausage). The crab was excellent.
And the crab bucket my wife had was fine also. At least I didn't hear any complaints and she loves crab.
Nevertheless, even though my wife loves this place (this trip was our anniversary and that's where she wanted to go), I'm not sure I will be back.
Though I will rate this restaurant average based on the fact the crab was good, considering they didn't replace my lobster, the waiter didn't offer (which I consider poor service), it was crowded and certainly lacking in atmosphere and romance with no appreciable view, this restaurant would be low average. I cannot rate it poor based on the crab, but based on everything else I could.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great crab legs!! Pasta dish with shrimp and andoille okay. My brother's fried platter looked awesome. We usually get steam pots for two.

1  Thank woodpest
Reviewed July 26, 2013

My wife and I spent part of our anniversary having a meal at Joe's Crab Shack. The meal and service were fantastic. Somehow, my wife planted a seed in one of the wait staff and to my surprise we were serenaded by the whole crew--and of course, they wouldn't stop until we embraced and kissed. How fun!!

Been to Joe's Crab Shack? Share your experiences!