“Tasty, but overpriced”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My sister and I decided to split one of the steamer pots for lunch. We selected the one with the whole spit lobster. It had one clump of crab claws, 8 shrimp 4 or so new potatoes, 1 ear of corn, 1 split lobster. The lobster was very small. I felt sorry to eat it--two small bites and the tail was gone. My lobster claw was almost empty. I didn't get to taste the crab--3 small legs and my sister got it first. The shrimp were great. I didn't eat the heads. If I come back it will be to have only for a shrimp boil. This service was fine. The food was good. The price too high.

1  Thank KansasMary

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Great seafood served in a friendly atmosphere. The crab shack serves a full range of seafood, but it's speciality is crab and its some of the best cooked and tastiest crab about. Reasonably priced and served in a no rush manner. They don't mind if you use your hands here there's no standing on ceremony. Eat and enjoy. If you're not sure then you can always share the platter and add a couple of sides.

Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

After reading some reviews, we were hesitant to tryJoe's. In the end, we were very happy with the choice. My husband ordered the clasic steam pot and loved it. I had the peel and eat shrimp and a salad. The service was outstanding. It was our anniversary and the staff sang to us. The atmosphere was fun and we loved the experience. It was the perfect anniversary spot!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Delicious food, great service from Monica. The manager Randy is a wonderful guy who is doing a superb job!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The best part was that there was no wait. We were seated right away with a party of 7 people. I ordered the wrong meal for my daughter and afterwards I ordered the correct item and they had the correct meal to her very quickly. The original meal was left on the table. When I received my check, they only charged me for one child's meal instead of two. I thought that was wonderful customer service since it was my screwup in ordering.

Been to Joe's Crab Shack? Share your experiences!