“Nice Condo but Trouble with Noise”

Palace View Resort by Spinnaker
Reviewed May 8, 2014

We are time share owners so we are accustomed to these types of lodgings. Nice furniture, spacious and kitchen well stocked with appropriate dishes, etc. Check in was efficient and when sent to the "time share people" we were not pressured to visit a presentation. We did receive a phone call during the week saying we had signed up but we know this is just a ploy. No big deal. The problem was the remodeling of a unit above us. After two days of scrapping and dragging things across the floor I complained to a management person at the front desk. He said he would take are of it and apologized. I told him we that they start this racket early in the morning. I said we would be going out the next day at 9:30. The next day we were in and out but there was no activity, But the day after that they woke us up at 7:40 in the morning. We were checking out that day so we just packed up a left. After of course I told the same person how mad I was. There really is no excuse for this. I'm sure they are other units available to work on where there are no neighbors

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrsPickle
Billy-AsstGenManager, Manager at Palace View Resort by Spinnaker, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

There is no excuse for what you experienced during your stay. We apologize for the frustrations by waking you and your family up early on a few occasions. Our team was striping wall paper from another unit in a remodel, however the noise was clearly heard from you villa.
Please review your email inbox as we have sent you a personal message regarding your recent trip.
Again we are sorry for the noise and wish to make this right.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Villa was new, clean and comfortable. Personnel less! could not participate in activities because no transportation from Palace Heights!Nothing extra offered including no help with luggage or transportation. Will choose Marriott next time.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor if you want view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank kops2da2

We are glad to see that you enjoyed the Villa. I highly recommend calling your resort prior to travelling to the area to find out about all our services. Our team consistently assists guests with luggage requests and or transportation information.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

This was a great place to spend a week. Good beds, great water pressure in shower. The rooms are large and very up to date. Nice in door out door pools. We love to enjoy staying there again. Very close to all attractions! We suggest getting the full kitchen instead of the mini if you can get it at close to the same price! Hope to stay there again!!

Room Tip: Top floor would be quieter, but really not a big deal!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Fitisit
Billy-AsstGenManager, Manager at Palace View Resort by Spinnaker, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2014

Great review! Thank you for the positive feedback. We certainly hope you return in the near future.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

The unit was very large and in great shape - we had the combined large 1 bedroom and small 1 bedroom and it was great because my kids basically had their own area. The location was also great.

Other areas could be better. Staff was rude and unprofessional. We arrived 45 minutes early and went to the front desk to check in. We were checked in and given the typical check-in packet We were told that the unit may not be ready until 4 so we walked around for a while and then headed to the unit. When we got there, we realized that we didn't have the cardkey so we went back to the front desk and the guy rudely said that we couldn't get the keys until 4. I am not sure why the first person didn't mention that.

A few days later, the card key wouldn't open the room door. We headed up to the office to report it, then we headed back to the unit to wait for the repair guy. When he got there he was grumpy and assumed we didn't know how to work the card. After a few tries he realized the lock needed to be reset and we had to wait while he did.

Another different rude dude was at the front desk. The workout room at the facility is awful - they have a few different dumbbells (the largest being 25 pounds). On the map at the front desk, they have another exercise area listed that was attached to new properties they were building about 100 yards north of the current site. I walked up there and looked in the window and they actually had a full set of dumbbells (nothing great but better). I then walked back to the front desk to ask if I could use it and the guy said 'No'. I tried to ask why it is listed on their map and he said 'no, I couldn't use it' - no explanation.

My final complaint is that the pool area was small. We were there in March and there weren't many people staying but the pool was always packed. There was an outdoor pool that was closed but I doubt it could handle all the people if the resort was full. There was only one hot tub.

As an aside, most places we have stayed had cleaning service mid-week but there wasn't any here.

Overall, I recommend the resort as a place to spend the night and base your activities out of but I wouldn't recommend it as a place to go for the staff or amenities.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank Jerry S
Billy-AsstGenManager, Manager at Palace View Resort by Spinnaker, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

I am very sorry to hear about the less that postive interactions you experienced with some of our team. I am truly aghast that any of our guests would find a Resort Team Member that was not friendly or approachable. We commend our team at providing the utmost customer care and have seen hundreds if not thousands of reviews stating so. Our sincerest apologies.

There is another complaint you indicated on your comment card that I can easily address. You mentioned the pool area was small and could not handle the amount of guests on property in the summer. That is why there are not only one pool but three on property. I will assume that you did not walk around our entire facility to take in the full size of the property. Two large outdoor pools, one large indoor pool, 2 hot tubs and a dry sauna. All for our guests to enjoy. Pleanty of room without being packed.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Initially we were in an older unit and the heating/air conditioning unit was not working properly. They moved us the next day to a newer, more beautiful unit. The staff was friendly and the location was great. The walls are a little thin but manageable. Would definitely come back to this property if I ever return to Branson, which is doubtful.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cdrlinda

We are happy you chose to try something a little different - sometimes different is good.
We will be checking on the wi-fi issues with our internet provider in Branson to ensure no future problems.
We do hope that this small frustration does not hinder any possible future visist to our resort. We do hope to see you all stay with us again.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I've been to Branson many, many times (used to live quite close). Our home resort is in Branson, but this visit was via an II Accomodation Certificate, which could not be used at our home resort. So...after searching, I found this resort. We had a 1 bedroom condo. It was perfectly clean and had everything we needed. Location is great and quiet, but you are still close to everything.

I would certainly stay here again should the need arise. I did have lots of WIFI issues with being "dropped", but it wasn't a problem - just annoying. The walls are also thin, so you will hear kids and footsteps - but it didn't ruin anything for me.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Rostman
Billy-AsstGenManager, Manager at Palace View Resort by Spinnaker, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you for the kind words. It can be diffucult to measure up to a guests home resort as they had chosen that for specific features, so yeah to Palace View! Kudos to the whole team for ensuring your villa and vacation were clean and enjoying.
We would always love to have you all return back with us on another trip some day. Hopefully sooner than later... :)
regards,

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We bought a one-bedroom condo thinking it will be big enough for my husband and I after the kids have stopped coming on vacation with us. Well it turns out, they love Branson too, so they are happy to sleep on the sofa bed and come with us again next year! It's a great location. We walked to one of the shows and the winery. We often had the entire pool to ourselves (or mostly ourselves!). We partook in a lot of the resort planned activities such as the BBQ, the bingo (where my son won a ticket to the Dixie Stampede!), and the Ride the Ducks tour among other on-site activities. I'm not sure it's possible to be bored in Branson. I imagine it can be a different experience every time. My only complaint is no fault of the resort. We have been to Branson twice now --- once in July and once in August and the heat (for me) is just unbearable. We have kids in high school so we are forced to take our vacations at Spring Break, summer or Christmas. I think our next visit will be a Christmas one.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank CherylChaytor

Glad to have you as our Newest Owners!!!
We look forward to seeing you all this Christmas. If you have some time, I would recommend checking out Spinnaker Resorts on facebook and the website (www.spinnakerresorts.com), there is pleanty of information on what to do during the Christmas Holiday.
Our onsite ticket service has great discounts to the attractions and shows in town - if you plan ahead give them a call as well.
I challenge our team to make your next trip even more entertaining than the 1st.!!!
regards,