“Yes!”

Savannah House Hotel
Ranked #8 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

Just checked-in. Everything so far is wonderful. Just as the reviews said. Sparkling clean bathroom. Nice and clean king sized jr suite. Great view! And the price is a steal. I'll report later on how tasty the food perks are. But for now.... What more would you want? Great if you're main street America but if you consider yourself 5 star you're gonna be a lil disappointed not finding crown molding in your room. Lol!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank IplayNdirt
Write a ReviewReviews (1,435)

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Just spent a week at the Savannah House. Bed was very comfortable. EVERYTHING else, average to unacceptable. If you've got electronic devices to charge, bring a power strip. There were two outlets in the bathroom and 1 in the main room. Anything else required you to unplug a light, television (CRT type still) or alarm clock. On the up side you won't really need your device. There's no Internet access. Complained on day 1 and EVERY DAY for a week. Twice during our visit we had it briefly. Both manager and assistant manager were rude when we complained and one called me a liar. Won't be back. Won't recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Steve B
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Savannah House is an adequate and reasonably priced motel, but I would not rate it too far above average.

The location is really very good, located off the Branson strip but with plenty of options to get to the theaters and other touristy stuff. If you're just looking for food or someplace to shop, it's a quick no-hassle trip from the hotel.

The room (a double queen) was clean with a nice bathroom including iron and hairy dryer. It was a bit worn, with scuff marks and divots taken out of the wall where furniture had hit it in years past. The bed was slightly below average in comfort. I wish motels would do away with bedspreads that can't possibly be laundered between guests.

The room smelled strongly of fresh paint, which isn't an awful smell when you're repainting your own house but not exactly pleasing at a motel. I left the door open and ran the A/C and it eventually faded.

The A/C worked very well. The TV (a Zenith CRT) was fine with a selection of about four dozen channels.

The welcome was fine. The staff indicated that my room was in "our other building" which immediately set off alarm bells, but the buildings looked similar in their amenities, with a slight edge to the "primary" building depicted in the pictures.

The internet did not work upon arrival; one could connect to the network (Savannah5, Savannah11, Savannah7, and so on - they should really tie these together!), but the network did not have internet access. I tried with two devices. I called the front desk and they didn't seem to understand the issue. Several hours later after getting back from dinner I tried again and it worked. The following morning it did not work again.

The pools are quite small but they got a lot of use by the other guests.
The "fitness center" appeared to be a tiny room with three cardio machines.

The cobbler and cookies are a nice treat, but don't expect too much. The ice cream is the soft-serve variety.

Breakfast is fine - typical egg product, biscuits and gravy, cereals, yogurt, juice, and make-your-own waffles. It won't win any awards but if you need to fill your belly for a long drive it will do the trick.

One good feature is that the place seems quite soundproof. I know there were neighbors on either side but didn't hear so much as a peep, bang, or flush the entire time.

All in all, it's a fine place to spend the night, and reasonably priced. But if you see the #5-in-Branson rating on Tripadvisor, understand that Savannah House is just a basic, clean motel and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank bprop
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We had family recommend Savannah House to us, so we booked our room and very much enjoyed our stay! We were overdue for an affordable vacation and we found between Savannah House and Silver Dollar City what we wanted. I am very picky when it comes to hotels, I want it to be clean and the place to look and feel kept up and comfortable. I was not disappointed here. I am in private housekeeping. My daughter tells me I look for dirt, LOL! I do find myself looking around to see if where I'm at is clean. I was pleased to find that this hotel smelled good and looked good even in the stairwell, hallways and elevators! All the staff was professional looking & acting. The breakfast was very good, well stocked and constantly tended to. Our room was comfortable and above all CLEAN!!! The cobbler & pie in the evenings was an added bonus that we also enjoyed. I hope to get to go again to Branson this year. If I do I will book again at the S.H.

Room Tip: there are two buildings to the Savannah House. We were recommended to stay in the "main"...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank WendyGF
Reviewed July 1, 2012

This was our first stay at this hotel, and we will be back! cant beat the price or location. We have SDC and white water passes, and we enjoy shopping at the landing and tanger. So for us...this is a great location to be basically in the middle of where we want to be on both ends of town. Clean, comfy rooms. Im a picky traveller.... This passed my picky test. Breakfast was nice... Hot eggs, biscuits and gravy, waffles, and cold items too...lots of choices. Staff was nice upon check in and out. The one and only thing I found odd was being forced to iron in the bathroom of all places. I usually set up everything in a corner away from everyone....and had to drag it all back to the bathroom and try to fit the board in between the toilet and sink. The iron cord was screwed to the holder on the wall. Odd. The evening desserts were a nice touch. I always sleep w earplug when traveling...so Im not sure about noise anywhere else. I was aware of the AC unit grinding away all night along with the husband snoring... Ha. We all slept well...the beds arent too bad. Not the best but okay. All in all we would recommend to a friend and will stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank MissouriBusyMomOfTwo
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Our softball team, Vision, from Kansas City MO area arrived on Wednesday, June 20th and the staff was extremely accommodating with our soft ball team. One of our parents arrived with us and wanted to stay in the same building as the team. The person at check-in looked and immediately found her a room in the same building. On Thursday morning I requested some iced tea for breakfast and the person fixing the breakfast made the tea for me. On Friday we went to the store and got some groceries so the girls would have sandwiches and chips to eat for lunch. We requested the use of the extra hospitality room and were told that it was no problem. If we needed anything the staff was more than accommodating to us. I have never stayed at a hotel that the staff was as nice and pleasant as the staff is at the Savannah House in Branson MO. I would highly recommend this hotel without hesitation to anyone going to Branson. The rooms were very nice and the breakfast was outstanding and the desserts at night were also very good. Breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs with and without ham in them, biscuits, gravy, bagels, donuts, toast, waffles, 2 kinds of fruit and 5-6 different kinds of cereal. Juice, coffee, hot chocolate, and milk were also available to drink. The desserts were, blackberry cobbler, peach cobbler, cookies, and ice cream. I can't say enough about how gracious the staff was at the Savannah House in Branson, MO.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank C F
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Stayed this past weekend. Room was clean and comfortable, quiet except for the very noisy neigbors with young children :( Cobbler and ice cream a nice touch for late return back to the hotel. Didn't take advantage of breakfast but it seemed pretty typical with breads, pastries and yogurt. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple