“Amazing Amazing Amazing”
Review of Kirby VanBurch Show - CLOSED

Kirby VanBurch Show
More attraction details
Owner description: Up close and personal with the World's Most Awarded Magicians - Kirby and Bambi! Mindreading, impossible sleight of hand, and excellent audience participation in an intimate, limited seating venue.
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is the second time my family saw Kirby he is excellent amazing magician and Bambi is very good also He pick my son-inlaw out of the audience for a trick he still talking about it and how did he do it the illusions are great best show in town we got our ticket from Branson Tourism Center they was a good price cheaper than at the show and we have second row seats

Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

The show was absolutely brilliant. Best magic show in Branson. The illusions were mind blowing, he is Vegas quality for sure. He is obviously a Christian man and shares his love for Jesus (which I thought was awesome) but is a down to earth guy. We saw Taylor Reed the same week and enjoyed it tremendously too. Can't say anything bad about either one, but Kirby's was more entertaining in my opinion. For everyone saying Kirby has been giving bad performances, me and my wife sure did not experience one on July 3rd. Something is obviously bothering him (health wise), but he is still giving it his all. Me and my wife saw him get out of his car before the show and he looked very frail, and ill. But while he was on stage he gave one heck of a performance. His wife Bambi autographed our picture but said Kirby was not coming out because he was not feeling good. So I hope he is ok! I look forward to coming back!!

1  Thank TaylorMade2013
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We just left the 8 pm Tuesday July 2nd show. We spent 125.00 for about an hour. Kirby seemed tired, lack of energy. Not a show I expected to see. Bambi was amazing. She was well dressed and fit the part of a magician. Kirby just sweated alot and seemed like he was burnt out. Maybe he should retire. This show was supposed to be the highlight of our trip with the kids. Turned out the Track (go carts) ended up being better than the show. Loved the animals and Bambi. She had energy and spark. It was like he was doing his job and wanted it to be over. Leaving Branson in the am.

8  Thank KJA625
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Firstly, Branson is awesome and I can't wait to return. I absolutely loved Branson and the Ozarks are spectacular. Regarding Kirby VanBurch's show, we attended the June 27th evening show and left feeling disappointed and confused. Upon arrival, the lobby was very warm, but we assumed it was from the evening sun (the lobby has floor to ceiling windows). However, after finding our seats in the auditorium we noticed the whole building was warm, although it was slightly cooler in the auditorium. We started hearing comments from other audience members regarding the heat. The show started almost half an hour late "due to technical difficulties", but once it started the show lacked the energy you expect from magic shows. To me, Kirby seemed slightly unsteady and I wondered if something was wrong with him. There were a couple of illusions and an audience partition bit with a precious little boy, then there was an intermission. Prior to the end of the intermission, Kirby came out to address the audience concerning the lack of A/C. He said he had passed out backstage from the heat and that he sent the animals home because they were panting and getting overheated. He also said the landlord was there and told Kirby that it wasn't hot, so Kirby had his cellphone and supposedly filmed the audience confirming it was hot. Kirby then said he would continue to do the show but without the animals. The second half was rather short and the final act was Kirby moving whiskey glasses and shot glasses. He pushed a bottle to the floor then fell to the floor as if he had passed out. The lights went out and and you could see the stage hands enter the stage from behind the curtain and rolled Kirby behind the curtain. The announcer said that was the end of the show. The entire audience was shocked and wondered WTH? The show started at 8:00 and ended around 9:40-ish with an intermission in between and a half-hour late start. I suspect there is something going on besides "the heat". I understand the A/C was out of Kirby's control, however, all of the other performers, including Bambi, muddled through it and were very professional. If this show doesn't get it's act together, beware that the biggest illusion is when your money disappears and the show you paid for doesn't appear.

Date of experience: June 2013
7  Thank smhadams
See more reviews
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Show was 15 to 20 minutes late to start. Theatre was hot. Had several "technical difficulties" throughout show. Kirby informed us that owner of building was backstage & Kirby was going to record the audience on his phone to show how irritated the audience was. Audience told Kirby to bring out owner. Nothing happened. Kirby said that he couldn't use his animals because the building was too hot. Kirby fell to the floor twice. Show ended with him falling on the floor & that was the ending. A child in the audience asked out loud if he (Kirby) was dead when Kirby fell to the floor the second time. I called the office & was told that Kirby would not refund the tickets. During the show Kirby said the owner of the building wouldn't refund our tickets. This was a very bad experience for us.

Date of experience: June 2013