Paul Harris & The Cleverlys - CLOSED
Awesome Hip and Current

Reviewed July 14, 2016
kpk240
via mobile
What a trip!!! Hilarious!!!!

Reviewed May 30, 2016
BCUSA10
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 14, 2016 via mobile

Very good show! Paul Harris is hilarious! He covers current and popular music. He has a talent for it! His unique version and sound gets stuck in your head! Very good musicians! Every time I see one of his shows, half the audience is crying w laughter. One show they started to play the tune to super mario brothers, it was so funny but everyone over 60 was clueless... there was quite a few..which made it even more hilarious! He definitely will appeal to a "younger" audience OR anyone who knows current music. But the guys can still play traditional bluegrass with the best of them. Thats what makes the show so awesome. If you want to see a show with raw talent go see Paul Harris. If you prefer the same ol show rituals...or smoke and lasers go see a different show.

Reviewed May 30, 2016 via mobile

I had seen Paul Harris and The Cleverly's online and on tv several times. Both were so enjoyable and funny that I wanted to try to see them in person. So, this trip to Branson gave me that opportunity. It was so very much worth it. Paul Harris' stand up was hysterical. I laughed until my cheeks hurts and tears were streaming down my face. When The Cleverly's came out, I was pleasantly surprised at their musical talent. Great vocals to boot. The entire show was over the top hilarious!

Reviewed May 14, 2016 via mobile

It was great fun a good mixture of comedy and bluegrass music put together better then I believe anyone could. And at a great Theater the start light will return to this theater and would even go see this show again.

Reviewed April 20, 2016 via mobile

I have never laughed so much. I sat with my knees crossed. The whole audience were in tears..great comedy show but also wonderful musicians. Very talented group of men. The things they can do with different styles of music is astounding. Have wanted to see them in person for a while. They came out after the show and took pics and talked like he was your neighbor. Loved it.

Reviewed April 2, 2016

Paul Harris is hilarious! I couldn't stop laughing! The Cleverlys have great voices and are very talented musicians. They play mostly blue grass music, and it is not my favorite kind of music, so the reason for the "4" rating.

Reviewed November 28, 2015 via mobile

This is comedy at its finest. Laughed continuously at the stand up act. Then the musical show happened and unique comedy was reborn in a phenomenal performance. I left wanted more.

Reviewed October 28, 2015

The Paul Harris show was the last show we attending before leaving Branson. I have never laughed so hard at any other performance. Paul is brilliant and no two shows are alike because he ad libs as he goes along. The other three gentlemen that perform with him for the second half of the show are brilliant musicians and comics.
There was nothing I didn't like about this show.

1  Thank Diana C
Reviewed October 11, 2015

Was really excited to see them, the comedy was very sharp and funny, the music was great. But the total skill as musicians was most impressive. Their talent and passion for
' Traditional Bluegrass Music ' is amazing.

But don't be fooled by the funny cover songs. I was lucky to see them play one strait in this show, " Wait A Minute" by Herb Peterson .............. KILLER !!!! Just CRUSHED IT

Great Stuff, worth it for sure to see them.

Reviewed October 10, 2015

Paul Harris presented a brillant and extremely funny nearly 45 minute standup comic routine. His personal stories, weaved into his hilarious way of story telling was OUTSTANDING! His Band was as talented as any band I have ever saw, even though not all of them were there. When they "re-introduced" themselves as "The Cleverlys" and began to perform THEIR way of playing "pop" songs with a "blue grass twist", it was something to hear. His Bass player was unbelieveable! We were at the Starlite Theater for a 2 p.m. show and even though the audience was small, we were treated as if it was a packed house. Great Show, best wishes for your future!

Reviewed October 6, 2015

I had the "displeasure" of seeing this group at the Oklahoma International Bluegrass Festival in Guthrie, OK on October 3rd.

I get it: they're a parody. But they play the "stupid Arkansas Hillbilly" schtick" to the absolute worst level. And they use that guise to tout "bluegrass" music but play modern crap: rap, lady gag-it, and other such garbage.

I was incensed that I'd been falsely led to believe I was going to listen to a Bluegrass group (at a Bluegrass Festival) and then had to sit through this garbage.

Yes, they appear to be talnted: great harmony, precise timing, great instrumentalists ... but it's all wasted on a sick joke of a routine.

At the Guthrie performance, I checked the audience: there was a vocal minority who were loud in their appreciation, but to me it appeared that 60% or better of the audience was as "put out" as I was: they did not clap for anything, and never stood during ovations. We simply endured this garbage until it was over (not soon enough) so that we could listen to real talent in the form of Suzy Bogguss.

If you like the parody of "abject stupidity" and the schlock of current commercial radiio music, you'll like these folks.

If you are truly a Bluegrass lover, you will hate it.

2  Thank Ronald D
Cortney L, Front Office Manager at Paul Harris & The Cleverlys, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2015

Hello, Ron. We are so glad hear that you had a good time at the Oklahoma International Bluegrass Festival in Guthrie, OK and that you enjoyed Suzy Bogguss, who is currently appearing live at the Starlite Theatre in Branson, Missouri.

Paul Harris and the Cleverlys became an overnight sensation with over 2 million hits on YouTube which launched their career. They recently played live at the CMA Festival and continue to tour across the United States. We wish Paul Harris and the Cleverlys continue success and we hope that you stop by the Startlite Theatre next time you are in Branson, Missouri. Have a great day.