“Blast from the past...Great for grandparents with grandkids!”

World's Largest Toy Museum
Ranked #26 of 167 things to do in Branson
More attraction details
Owner description: Over a million toys dating as far back as the colonial days. You'll see toys you had, toys you wished you'd had, toys you wish you had back and toys you forgot all about having had. A wonderful trip down memory lane.
Vilonia, Arkansas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Blast from the past...Great for grandparents with grandkids!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This was a great visit. As a parent it was fun, but as a grandparent it would probably be even more fun. The museum offers a blast from the past and items dating as late as the 1700's which is absolutely amazing. We are talking about millions of dollars in toys, every type of toy you can imagine. They also have a car that was the queen of Englands. My three year old loved getting onto the old "ride on" toys they had throughout the museum, although not functioning condition, she had me take pictures of her on them and loved every second of it. It also contains the Harold Bell Wright museum and tons of personal items from his home, writings, furniture, and painting collections. The building is outdated, but gosh who cares!

Visited March 2013

ypsilanti
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A childhood revisited”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

There is almost too much to see in the toy museum. We saw toys that we had as children over 50 years ago and those toys that we wanted but never recieved. The museum is set up by types of toys and eras. The oldest toy is a doll from before the Revolutionary War, Iloved the old trains, and all the cowboy and indian toys. Today they would not be politically correct but in 1950 nobody wanted to be an indian. Games that everyone had such as monoply, life, chutes and ladders to ones no one had heard of involving Howdy Do Dee adventure game. A lot of the old games are for sell in the gift shop but you will get plastic pieces in your Monoply or Stratego game and not the original metal or wood. A fun way to spend several hours. Don't forget the toy cars and trucks. Tonka trucks really were made of metal and would be considered too dangerous today. My, how did we survive our childhoods?

Visited March 2013
Houston, Texas
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Very Fun Going Back to Your Childhood”
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Huge collection of toys from the 1800's to the 2000's. You see toys that you used to have, wanted to have, or think that you just shouldn't have thrown it away when you left home for college. It is a lot of fun bringing your kids and showing them YOUR toys. It is hard to get a kid to want to go to a museum usually, but if you stick the word toy in front of it, they WANT to go. So then it's a win- win for both of you. Have fun going back in time!

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“It fills the slow times but a bit pricey for what they have”
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were looking forward to seeing this place but it was a little of a let down. They may be the World's Largest by numbers but there are many repeats. I found a few items of interest but the person stocking the shelves seems to only believe more is better. The condition of many of the toys is poor and as mentioned having ten of the same thing doesn't make collection. I wouldn't say it was a waste of time and I did find some things of interest but I won't be visiting the museum again.

Topeka, Kansas
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Collection for everyone”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We all have them, those toys we wished we still had. You will find them here. I don't know if it really is the worlds largest, but it is large and cared for. We originally did not want to go, but my parents visited and insisted we go. I am glad we went. No wheelchairs for you to borrow. Military discount given

Visited January 2013