“what I hoped for”
Review of Rosebud Inn

Rosebud Inn
Ranked #24 of 139 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed May 13, 2008

I read the reviews and booked a room, then I told my wife that I
had booked a room for $ 41.00 a day, she had a fit said it had
to be a dump..I was so glad when we got to Branson and went
in she took one look and said that I had done a good job picking
a place to stay..The Rosebud was clean, nice rooms, good breakfast, friendly staff, only thing that may be a problem for
some people may be a small pool.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Rosebud Inn

Reviewed April 29, 2008

The location is great, just off the strip, which is good for traffic. Rooms are clean, no cracks or chips in bathroom. Good Value for the money, under $50.00. Our friends in another room had a bad TV and they immediately came in and changed it out even though it was 8:00 p.m and apologized for the inconvience.
The free breakfast was okay but the fruit was always gone by the time we got there. Toaster was really slow.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 7, 2007

We were in Branson August 29-30. Making reservations were a breeze and we got the room for a reasonable $44.00 a night with their online special . The staff were very friendly when we checked in. I was very suprised how clean the rooms were. Everything had been freshly painted, at least it appeared that way.
We were in a smoking room that smelled as fresh as the nonsmoking room my parents stayed in. My only complaint about the whole stay was the beds were not very comfortable. The mattresses were extremely firm and springy. I would definately stay there again especially for that price.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2007

We booked two rooms at the Rosebud for 2 nights. The price was very reasonable, $45 during the peak summer tourist season. The hotel is nicely decorated, but more importantly, clean. Our rooms were small, but for the price it was adequate. The good points of the Rosebud include a very nice air conditioner, which even in hot July cooled our room until we had to turn it down because everyone was cold! Excellent! A negative about the Rosebud was that the pool was small and it had to be accessed by going down a staircase. This could be inconvient for guests with disabilities, though to be honest, there might have been a better way that we didn't discover. The Rosebud was close to shopping also. In the busy city of Branson, the Rosebud was quiet, and somewhat secluded. It is not a luxury hotel, but if you are looking for a hotel that has reasonable prices and clean rooms, you won't go wrong at the Rosebud.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank chanel42
Reviewed April 15, 2007

I checked in the Rosebud Inn in Branson, MO at 2PM April 14th, 2007 and stayed one night.

I was skeptical of the pictures I had seen on the web-site and various trip sites however, as soon as I walked into the lobby I was very suprised, I thought the decor was very nice as well as the Breakfast room. Breakfast is served from 6:30AM to 10:30AM, they serve Biscuits & Gravy, various doughnuts, and of course the regular cold food.

Check-In: 2PM
Check-Out : 11PM

I stayed in room #106. It was a single king room. It was a extra large room, 2 chairs, 1 table, at least 12 towels, a soap/lotion dispenser at the sink, the bathroom had AMAZING water pressure. My guest and I both commented on it. I figured it woudl have been "drip, drip" that was so not the case it was just as you are at home. In the shower it had soap/shampoo/condit. dispenser.

The room was actually pretty...or at least I thought and I'm the type that thinks you need to spend $300.00 to get the best.

I did not see any weird spots or hairs laying around.

The pictures shows a white Rosebud Inn however, as soon as I arrived they had brand new tan sideing put on. It was really pretty.

Over all I am 21 years old and it was a great hotel. I had only read two reviews on it but it should have 1,000 good ones.

It is located on Roark Valley Road. As soon as you come in on Hwy. 76 just look for the "Blue Route" sign and take it a mile or so and there it is on your Left Side. It's a quite area and very low, low traffic noise. I never heard one car that night.

Why stay on a busy, junkie hotel on 76 when you can stay in a peaceful great hotel on Roark. Takes only a few short minutes to get to strip.

One night cost me $48.00 including tax. The tax is 11.2%. It was cheap, comfortable and it will be the only hotel I will stay at in Branson in the future.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JessicaLynCrawford
Reviewed October 5, 2006

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the RoseBud INN....the staff was very friendly and the rooms were very clean and comfortable...especially for the price. They are not like other hotels that gouge you with the price to sleep there as they know you are in Branson for shows and sightseeing and would rather spend your money doing that instead of paying an outrageous price to lay your head and take a shower.

I would stay there again if ever back in Branson

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank msubrett32
A TripAdvisor Member
Houston, Missouri
Reviewed July 12, 2006

We have stayed at the Rosebud Inn several times over the last several years because it is well located and reasonably priced. Our most recent visit was a four-night stay with our three children. The room was fine--clean and comfortable. The showerhead wasn't great, but we could accept that for 45.00. The problem was the weekday desk clerk. She was an extremely rude individual. She was also responsible for keeping the breakfast area clean--she expressed her dislike for her job and children by muttering under her breath, slamming items on the counter and at one point exclaimed "stupid kids" --all with a roomful of guests looking at her. As we left that morning, she had to wait for my children to pass before she could get to the trashcan. She sighed heavily, so I asked her if she was having a bad day. "No, just tired", she exclaimed. We chose not to take part in the free breakfast (ends at 9 am) the next morning. We did swim at the pool (very cold!). At one point, my five year old needed to use the restroom, so we used the lobby restroom. After leaving the restroom, I asked the same deskclerk where the drink machines were located. Without looking up, smiling, she told us. As we left, she got up, sighed heavily, and mutttered something about not shutting the bathroom door. At this point, I confronted her about her behavior. She seemed rather surprised to have a guest point out her rudeness. She said she should not act that way, and just go so irritated. Isn't this her job?

We will find another hotel at our next stay in Branson. Hospitality is definitely lacking here!

• Stayed: July 2006
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Love2praise, VP of Operations at Rosebud Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2009

I realize this is a very late response to a comment made almost 3 years ago. This site is kind of new to us.

The desk clerk you mention who was rude, was replaced not long after your stay, as we had other guests who informed us of similar issues when management was not at the front desk. Customer Service is very important to us and we desire our guests to have a great experience! Please try our establishment again, and I guarantee you will be very pleased! Blessings, Lori Conner