“overpriced for quality”

Ranked #26 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Eldon, Missouri
“overpriced for quality”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I had never stayed in a Hilton and had never paid over 200 dollars a nite for a room, let alone three rooms for two nights, so excuse me if I'm too picky. But there were too many negatives to outweigh the positives. Service is just so-so. I wasn't told anything about anything there, so luckily we had gotten rooms in the building one. You have to pay 10 dollars a day for parking. You have to pay for internet. You have to pay for breakfast. My bathroom had mold in the grout. The phones was so dirty and dusty I didnt want to use it. My brother's room had beetles. My room had ladybugs. I can overlook stuff like this in a cheaper hotel. The location is awesome though, and that is what I needed for my mother. The pool and fitness center are very nice. Also you are allowed to use the huge outdoor cabana pool across the street at the HIlton Convention Center

Room Tip: ask for the main building one.
1 Thank woodpest

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Kansas City Area
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our family of 4 stayed here on our recent weekend trip to Branson. We chose to stay here because of the Branson Landing area and the close proximity to the free concerts the Landing puts on in the fountain courtyard. We were so happy with our choice for several reasons.

Reason 1: Amazingly friendly and top quality service from everyone from the valets to the housekeeping staff, who left us a nice note about our puppy.
Reason 2: We loved the walk-out-the-door proximity to the shops, restaurants and walking path along lake Tanneycomo.
Reason 3: It was so nice to NOT be in the heart of the craziness that is The Strip.
Reason 4: We booked a room with a fountain view so we would have a great vantage point to watch the free concert. It was awesome to have the comfort of our room with the birds eye view of the concert!
Reason 5: We brought our puppy with us and waiting in our room was a goodie bag for her that included a very nice, very big dog bed,2 stainless steel dishes and a nice mat to put the dishes on.
Reason 6: room service was good!

Now, all this came with a price of $279/night, however, we felt the level of service we received, along with the other good points I listed here, made it worth it for a weekend getaway.

Room Tip: Fountain view room is worth it!
Washington, United States
Reviewed July 27, 2013

In July of 2013 I attended a convention at the Hilton Hotel in Branson, MO. Because the hotel was booked, I stayed across the street at the Hilton Promenade. Both hotels' lobbies, restrooms and rooms were clean and well maintained. The staff at both locations were friendly and helpful. But what gives these hotels both a 5 star rating is its easy access to shopping and dining!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Promenade while passing through Branson on our way to Arkansas. I reserved two rooms, one for my husband and I and one for another couple traveling with us. They said their room was ok, but I'm affraid they didn't want to complain since I bragged this hotel up in the first place. We were very disappointed with the condition of the shower in the room we were assigned. I've never stayed in a hotel room that I paid $200/night and had mold throughout the grout in the shower - NASTY! Lobby was hot - it appeared they were saving on the AC. No one every offered to take our bags to our rooms. Breakfast was the only good part about our stay. We'll never be back and I'll pass the word to all my friends!

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank mistake38836
East Prairie, Missouri, United States
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We were there in April on a Women of Joy conference, we booked our room separate from the conference so we could be in walking distance. It was awesome the hotel was right across the street we didn't have to move our vehicles and fight traffic. The hotel was wonderful great rooms, very clean, very comfortable. Great shops and eating places right there for you, the older downtown area is only a few blocks away easily walked. This is the only place I will stay in Branson!

Room Tip: The pool is located in building one so if you plan to use this request your room there otherwise you...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Hilton at Branson Landing is in a beautiful locale and a respite from the family destination activities and traffic you will find on the main street. Appeals to an older crowd and offers fine dining as well as a lovely walk along the misty landing. Great place to celebrate a couples experience along with a sprinkling of family. Really enjoyed the nightlife and clean atmosphere, beautiful waterfront with "dancing waters". Very nice people !!! Really clean hotel

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Missouri
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is a really nice place to stay on the Branson landing. It is also the only place to stay, but it is new, well maintained and the staff is helpful. The fountain is kinda neat but you'll likely go watch that down near the fountain itself so I would not necessarily pay more to have a room that faced the fountain. I would, however, suggest requesting a room in the North Tower. I did not realize when I booked it that there are two towers that are not connected. We were in the South Tower which is cut off from the pool, fitness area, breakfast, etc. You just have to walk across a small are of the landing, but still, you have to leave your building and go to another. Not a big deal but kind of an inconvenience I did not expect. All in all, however, a great stay.