“Amazing Hilton, minor annoyances”

Hilton Promenade at Branson Landing
Ranked #24 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Bella Vista, Arkansas
“Amazing Hilton, minor annoyances”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

Booked this hotel using HHonors points for a nice family weekend getaway. This hotel and it's sister property across the street had both sustained damage in recent tornados. The sister property remained closed and Promenade struggled to accommodate the guests from both properties.

When we checked in the front desk was very apologetic that they couldn't upgrade me. That surprised me because, as a Diamond member I have never been upgraded either paid or using points. Alas the hotel was full so no upgrade. They did, however, comp parking and breakfast so no complaints here.

Rooms were spacious and clean, although the grout on the bathroom floor needed scrubbed. My only complaint was the air conditioner / heater in the room sounded like a jet engine! Couldn't get it to shut off and it was SOO loud. We had trouble sleeping.

Breakfast buffet was good in the morning but pancakes my son ordered took too long to cook and were delivered just as we were walking out the door.

Location is everything here. That was the best part!

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Mike W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Martinsville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

Once again we were making our pilgrimage back from Oklahoma City and decided to stay in Branson. We were meeting a couple from Kansas City and I wanted to give the Hilton Promenade a try as it looked like a nice place to stay. I also thought we could basically just park, and walk the shops, and eat at a nearby restaurant and never have to get in our car.

Last November, when we were in Branson we stayed at the Chateau on the Lake, and it set the bar high as we enjoyed our visit there.

When we checked in the Hilton Promenade, we were in awe of the room. We were in a King Suite, and the room was unbelievable. I think it was the nicest hotel room I've ever stayed in. It had a full kitchen with a full refrigerator. It has a nice living room area. The bedroom had it's separate room with a full balcony including a large table and four chairs that would be nice to hang out in the evening. The balcony overlooked the many shops.

Now the bathroom. This bathroom was bigger then most hotel rooms. It was huge. It had a full size jacuzzi tub, and a walk-in shower. Reminded me of the one I have at home. The shower pressure, and shower head was very good. I know there were several people that expressed issues with the shower, but I thought it was very good. And showers are important to me.

We also had two bathrobes hanging in the closet for us to use as well, which was a nice touch.

I really think for the price it's worth it to stay at the Hilton as the room was just outstanding.

Now for the drama.

We had some issues at the begin of our stay and the evening manager ( I think Alan is his name) took care of us, and made things right. He did the right thing, and I would like to personally thank Alan for taking care of the issue and making it right.

I also would like to thank Wes at the Bell Desk for going beyond the call of duty and helping us out after we left. We left a small bag of gifts for our granddaughters and we asked Wes if he would mail them to us. Wes said he would mail them out that night. This is outstanding service, and it's people like Wes that gives your organization a good reputation. Thanks again Wes.

Coffee both in the room and in your San Francisco restaurant was sub par. Spend the money and upgrade the brand of coffee you use. Seriously, I thought a nice hotel such as the Hilton, and I was expecting much better coffee.

No undue noise that I experienced. My room North Tower 225 was actually pretty quiet.

Beds were very nice, definitely soft if you like soft. They were comfortable, but I prefer harder beds. I did sleep good.

Check-in and Check-out was a breeze with very good service.

Rooms were very clean.

For Upper Management: Get rid of the after hours reservation service your using. Not only do they offer bad service, but they are costing you money. I don't want to get into the whole song and dance, but would be glad to talk to someone who is interested in listening, but there are serious issues with your after hours reservation service. And if your thinking of making a reservation at the Hilton Promenade at Branson, I highly recommend you do it from 9:00am to 5:00pm in which would would get someone at the front desk at the Hilton Promenade, and they will be able to speak english. Sorry, I almost digressed, but will refrain. :)

Now with regards to parking and internet. Include the parking and internet fee in the cost of the room if you have too. People get heartburn when they have added fees which are evident from the many reviews. Charging $15.00 extra for both parking and internet would be fair. With regards to internet, people are dependant on internet service these days. I would say 7 out of 10 people use the internet during the stay in a hotel. Why not include the price of internet in the cost of a room and upset 3 people, instead of charging $10.00 a day and upsetting 7 people instead? I did not opt for the internet service 1. because I had a mifi card that I used. But I wasn't going to spend $10.00 to use internet service anyway. Put the internet charge in the cost of my room, and I would have used the internet, my wife would have too, and I would be a more happy customer in the long run.

In summary,

The Kings Suite at the Hilton Promenade was much nicer then the room at the Chateau on the Lake. However, I didn't stay in a Suite at the Chateau so the comparison might not be fair. I know if I were going to spend a few nights if not a week at one place, it would definitely be at the Hilton.

I would highly recommend the Hilton as we had a very pleasant stay and really enjoyed ourselves. Thanks again!

Room Tip: Room 225 was very pleasant. Ask for a room overlooking the shops.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jeffhedges
Thayer, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

We enjoyed our time there but there is one thing that confuses me...down to the floor where the competition is held is an escalator. Unfortunately there is NOT one that carries you back up to where the cheerleaders are while they are getting ready for the competition.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

I enjoyed our stay here. It is what you would expect from a Hilton.

If I was to return to Branson, I would stay here again.

Our price was very reasonable at $109 per night in Ferbruary. Keep in mind everything is extra, parking costs $8 a night, no complimentary coffee or breakfast.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
BillDerbins, General Manager at Hilton Promenade at Branson Landing, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for for staying at our hotel this past February. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and would visit us again. We look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back and thank you for taking the time to share a review with the TripAdvisor community.

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

My wife and I were placed in room 503 at the Hilton Promenade in Branson on the landing during a summer winds vacation package deal. The hotel is lovely and is smack dab in the middle of the landing which is perfect location. I can't say anything about the pricing but I do know that they will charge you for breakfast (quite a lot, over $10 for continental room service) and internet access. However, the rooms are large and spacious with a very lovely bathroom (ours included a shower and a bathtub which was very pleasant). The only drawback was that our AC/Heater unit would not shut off and when the heater kicked on, the dust within the exhaust seemed to start burning causing that first-time-heater smell throughout the room. We had the engineer come up just in case due to safety concerns but he assured us that's all it was.
The employees were very nice as well as the Brookside restaurant downstairs. You can valet your car or self park in the garage directly next door. Unfortunately you must walk very briefly outside to get to the garage (just a few yards) so if it rains, you will get a tad wet.
The music can be quite loud during the day and early evening that is played on the Landing. It's no obscene, though, when you're in the room so it wasn't a concern to us. The beds were mostly cozy except mine was a bit soft giving me a few sore muscles in the mornings (however, I'm a pretty big guy so I didn't expect anything different). One plus is that there's plenty of electrical outlets throughout the room to charge phones/computers/whatever.
There was no divider material between the curtain and the outside window so we couldn't truly enjoy the sun wihout having the condos across the landing see right into our room.
Overal it was a good hotel. I would recommend it but again, I can't comment on the pricing.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
BillDerbins, General Manager at Hilton Promenade at Branson Landing, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for recommending our hotel to the TripAdvisor community. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit as well as your room accomodations.

We hope you have a chance to come visit us again in the near furture.

new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

Staying here at the South Tower Apartment for 2 nights. Everything is so connected.
Form Parking Garage to Hotel and the South Tower.
Everyone is extremely friendly.
Shopping, Restaurants, Fountain, and the Historic Branson Downtown.is all in less than 5 minutes walking distance.
The music at the Landing didnot bother us once the window or balcony door is closed.

Room Tip: Self parking in Hilton Garage is $8.00. You need to check in and get the room key to get into the Ga...
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2012

Stayed here for our 7 yr anniversary! Our room was awesome and we loved the location! Staff was very friendly and helpful! Defiantly stay here again!!!

• Stayed January 2012
BillDerbins, General Manager at Hilton Promenade at Branson Landing, responded to this review, February 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased that you spent your 7th anniversary with us and that you thoroughly enjoyed the location and the service you received. We look forward to an opportunity to serve you again.