“Would consider again. Depending on current reviews”

Caprice Motor Inn Branson
Ranked #122 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Shawnee Mission, Kansas
“Would consider again. Depending on current reviews”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Went during the temputure being in the 100's. First room they gave us had not been cleaned. Next room had been cleaned but was not up to r standards. Soap dish dirtyand sheets and blankets old and did not smell fresh. 2nd day after being in hot temp came back & maid barely cleaned after we left a $10.00 tip. Talked with mgmt& next day clean. Came back after horrible heat to clean up and no hot water. It was the next day before water was fixed. After all these problems & talking to mgmt so often u could see they were doing everything. They could to correct everything. Felt sorry for all the pressure they had on them. I would stay again if I knew
corrections had been made. Great location. Needs a little tlc.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Tulsa
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We booked this as a cheap place to stay for spring break. My girlfriend brought her 3 kids and I brought my 2 grandsons. We stayed in the family room and it was a really good choice. It's one of the older original motels in Branson......BUT it is more solid built than the majority of budget or moderate hotels I've stayed in. Those have thin walls, etc. and we did not experience this at the Caprice. I slept better here than I have in most hotel/motel properties in years. No lack of hot water either! Oh yes, we had 2 nice tv's in the family room. 1 k /2 q beds.
2 heater/air conditioners were worn looking but worked great! And we needed both heat and cool.
The indoor pool was a huge hit with our kids. The water was heated and it was clean. The jets weren't working in the hot tub and they explained that it was sent to be repaired . That might have been a disappointment but I'll tell you the water was nice and hot in that tub so we soaked nicely in the evenings.
The breakfast isn't the best......our kids didn't care for the juice or the cake doughnuts. But I like a hot breakfast anyway and our nice manager had vouchers I could buy for Starvin' Marvins buffet next door. They were $7 and included tax and drink. The buffet had all breakfast meats, eggs, pancakes, french toast, hash browns, grits, biscuits and gravy, fresh pineapple, bananas, stewed plums, other fruits and my favorite special touch; warm syrup!
Loved it! and so did the kids.
Location, location, location is great here too. Management and everyone on staff was warmly friendly and acted quickly when you needed something.

Cons: Walking down steps to the pool but you have to expect levels in Branson. (you can request the pool level)
Sheets a little thin. Golf carts are tired and worn.
Reasonably speaking: You don't always find hot water, nice people, good rest at 3 or 4 star hotels. This I know.

Room Tip: If you want a family room it is on the second floor street level. I'm not sure there is one on t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Van Buren, Arkansas
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This Motel was a last minute stay. We reserved three rooms as there were three couples. We requested the rooms be together which they were. Since it was cold outside they put us close to the indoor pool an hot tub, which both were clean an well maintained. The entire staff was very friendly an helpful with anything you needed. The motel is a little older an there were some small facial flaws but all in all the rooms were clean an well stocked with the usual bath items, coffee, towles etc. Beds were two full size but were quite comfy. We will be staying there again.

• Stayed December 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stay at the Caprice Motor Inn all the time and have never had any bad experiances. The Caprice is a older motel but well maintaned and the managers are very helpfull. The people that have writen BED BUGS must have another agenda besides this.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Wagoner, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 25, 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! BED BUGS!!! This was among the top worst hotels I have ever stayed in. First of all I made reservations two weeks in advance for 3 non smoking rooms, when we get there our room is filthy...literally has not been cleaned with dirty beds and vomit on the floor, it also reaked of smoke. The maids came and cleaned the room apologizing for the mistake. We still refused to stay because the smoke smell was so strong. They moved us to another room that was not as clean as I would have liked but we made due. After getting unpacked I found a dirty pair of socks in the floor that did not belong to us, gross! My grandparents came on Thursday and paid thru Sunday, they had to leave on Friday due to my grandmother getting ill, the front office clerk refused to give them a refund for Saturday night saying the payment already went to the "corporate office". The huge problem was bed bugs, after the second night my husband broke out with bights all over his body, by the third night myself and our children also had bites everywhere. We went to the office and they refused to give us refunds or hear us when we said they had bed bugs. We regretably stayed the fourth night because we had already paid and did not want to spend more money.... This is when I actually felt something in the middle of the night and threw the sheets back to find two bugs... I got my whole family up at 5am and put both the bugs in a ziplock. I went to the office that morning with the bugs and they refused to give us a refund, they also argued with me that they did not in fact have bed bugs!! I tried to get a refund for my grandparents and they told me there was no corporate office and they would refund him by sending a check to him, that remains to be seen as he has not yet recieved it. Also they said they had WIFI, they did in the first building but not in the building we stayed at. As for the breakfast, plain donuts and coffe, THAT WAS IT! Not to mention the fact that it was disgusting. The only good thing about htis hotel was the location and the pool. I would NEVER recommend anyone staying here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Amber C

Travelers are raving about these Branson hotels

Reviewed June 24, 2011

I was very pleased. The hotel is slowly being updated but both pools were beautiful & well maintained. The hot tub was great. The rooms were clean & comfortable. The service was great. Everyone was friendly & very helpful. The price was very affordable. We have paid a lot more to stay in Branson & this was by far a great value.

• Stayed June 2011
4 Thank Elbee417
La Vista, Nebraska
Reviewed May 30, 2010

I have stayed here for 13-years in a row from the times when it was just a perfect place to stay to the last 2-years when it had fallen off some the people here have always been really nice but weeklys and monthlys brought the old place down the last 2-years. But now they have new managemnet and things are on the up-swing if you like Branson Mo and like to spend your money wisely then the caprice is for you I mean hey its not the ritz but i dont need the ritz at Branson I need a clean room with an indoor pool, hot tub nice people and someone who cares about my stay there even though I only paid $45 to $50 dollars a night before tax I mean really if you have stayed at the caprice and was dissapointed in the past 2-years give it a go again. I'm sure these new people will be able to do more with the place when we all come back and hey we have a stake in this also if the small hotels go away and we all have to pay the big bucks then thats less we have for our families to spend at Branson and enjoy thereselves sure I would love to stay at the raddison but for $125 a night no thanks i"ll take the caprice and show tickets and take my family out to dinner...... okay caprice folks thanks for the great stay and we will be back so keep up the good work because my grandpa had only one saying that stuck with me forever (if it was easy everybody would do it) hope to see alot of families visiting branson this year I will be back in july for more fun see ya at the caprice.....

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family