“Nice for the price”

Ranked #65 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Nice for the price”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

If I could I would have given it three and a half stars. The location is great...as other reviews have stated, close to Silver Dollar City and away from the craziness of the main drag. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, and that counts for a lot in my book. The pool was small but nice...the only thing I found difficult was that it was constantly jam packed with small kids. My teenage daughter and I tried going later at night, but it was still packed. Perhaps a late night swim for adults only or adults and older children? I did find the bed difficult to sleep in. With two people on it, you tend to sink down and towards the middle. Of course you can't beat the price! Breakfast is very basic, but everything is clean and looks well cared for. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Pittsburg, Kansas
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Stayed late at silver dollar city almost past midnight and having a hotel just down the road about 200 yards from SDC parking was great.
This is a very basic hotel, with large beds, clean rooms and bathrooms.
We stayed one night and woke up just in time for the very basic breakfast of cereal and waffles and biscuits and gravy. For the price this property is just fine for our family of three plus one extra child.....
Very warm in August but AC units worked fine.
Staff, as always, is friendly and ready to help if necessary, but also disappear if you don't need them. Nice pool and deck but we came to go to SDC and did not use the property much.
The closest hotel to SDC and great price AND you don't have to drive on the strip and get stuck in traffic.
This hotel suits us just fine.
Some rooms open directly to the parking lot and some require three flights of stairs, so check ahead to see where your room is. We prefer the quieter back side with parking right outside our door.

Room Tip: Call ahead and make sure you don't have three flights of stairs to get to room. Some people do...
Elgin, Illinois
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Deer Run is a very basic, classic vacation area motel. It was clean and had all of the basic requirements for a short stay. The location next to Silver Dollar City can't be beat - walking distance - and the price is reasonable. It is not a luxury hotel but fully adequate and worked great for two families traveling with a variety of ages of children.

Room Tip: This is a place for sleeping and not for enjoying the view, but with that in mind, the upper levels...
kcks
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Rooms are way out of date I felt as if I went back in time . Breakfast lol dried up biscuits and gravy and a staff that looked like he should be cutting grass not handeling our food hair was way long and just ewww. member Nonsmoking room smells of smoke pillows and bed very uncomfortable. Air conditioner is super loud . Not happy :-( staff unwilling to compensate disappointed we came here based off reviews "come here as a guest leave as family " ive had better friendlier stays at a "motel 6" not very happy :-(

• Stayed August 2014
Missouri
Reviewed July 22, 2014

As always, our stay at Deer Run was fantastic. The pool and new deck surrounding it was so beautiful and relaxing. Perfect location...close to Tablerock Lake and Branson. It is the best of both worlds. I always feel as if they go out of their way to be sure we have everything we need...whatever it may be. So clean and neat. The staff is so friendly and helpful. Thanks for another great stay!!

Room Tip: There are several rooms with kitchenettes. They are awesome if you are with kids or want to keep sna...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I was very happy to stay at Deer Run. I arrived in March for work and stayed till the middle of July. During that time, Mark & Myong/Heber & Jodie made my stay safe and wonderful. I even was scolded once for not letting them know I was leaving for a weekend home. The owners take their motto seriously when they say you are family and they want to be sure you are safe. The hotel is clean, the location is quiet, and everyone is so friendly. Thank you all for making Deer Run my home away from home. You are the best.

Room Tip: The rooms have kitchenettes and there is an outdoor grill area, not to mention the pool that Heber a...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
West Memphis, Arkansas
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

This is the third summer that we have stayed at deer run. I didn't think there was any way for them to out do the last two summers, until we came into view of the hotel sign that read "Welcome Hanson Family". My kids were ecstatic. And we go to the office to check in and the staff remembers each of my children as well as my wife and I by name. We only stay four or five nights once a year, talk about customer service. The rooms are very clean, the premises are very well maintained. They are putting the finishing touches on a new deck around the pool(great job mark and heber). It's super close to silver dollar city with free shuttle service to the park. They also sell two day for the price of one tickets to silver dollar city and white water. This is the only place my family stays when we are in branson. They live by their motto arrive as guest and leave as family, I promise you that! Thanks to all the people at deer run who make it a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014