1,935 results
All reviews dinner extravaganza johnny lonestar grand villa john tweed activities department tuesday night activities staff timeshare presentation bedroom villa shuffle board pizza place concierge desk ping pong family reunion main building indoor pool beautiful property
Reviewed October 21, 2006

It took me five hours and 18 different individuals to get my room booked and our tickets purchased. We still had unanswered questions and discrepancies at 9:30 that night. The next day I spoke to a gentleman in the Florida corporate offices about all the problems, all the lies, all the conflicting information and details. He was hateful. When we arrived to a supposedly luxurious room with pillow soft beds we found instead a standard, run-of-the-mill type of hotel room. The beds hurt my back. We were supposedly going to rooms that were "all ground level" yet we had a room above us which apparently was hosting a stampeding elephants convention. There was no breakfast included with our room. Rather, we had to pay $4.50 EACH for an outside company who caters it. Our "discounted" tickets to Dixie Stampede placed us in the worst seats in the house where there was no room for your legs and narrow bench seats. Everybody else had comfortable seating! Oh, and you have to eat with your hands there. Not good for my manicure, so I didn't eat at all. This was one of those timeshare vacation packages where you have to sit though a presentation. Our 90 min. presentation lasted 3 1/2 hours! Only when I literally got up and walked out did it end. One thing after another happened to us this whole trip. Every time we turned around there was yet another negative surprise. We left early, not staying for the final night. Upon check out I find out that they charge you 75 cents per LOCAL CALL that you make! When I questioned this the front desk clerk said "Oh, well, the information on the phone charges are listed in your information book". That is, the information folder that nobody ever bothers to look at and of which by the way was in the drawer under the phone! In total, there were 31 different problems which occurred over a three day period! I could spend all day writing out the novel of my nightmare-ish vacation, but this will do. Just please, for the love of God, do NOT even blink at this resort. They lie, lie, lie, craftily and conveniently neglect to disclose information to you, then when you ask questions or complain they treat you like dirt, like an idiot, or like you are trying to pull one over on them!

Date of stay: October 2006
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10  Thank beadworkartist_amy
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Branson Woods Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience. We have completed renovations and updates since you last stayed with us. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 28, 2006

I can not say enough about how wonderful our stay was at this resort. The staff was wonderful. The suite was beautiful and very clean. The outdoor pool was lovely and clean. The landscaping was beautiful. Every evening there was free entertainment in the clubhouse except Tues. which had a $6.00 dinner but it also included 2 hrs of entertainment from the different shows in town along with the dinner. The Duttons were amazing, Jim Owen was very funny but also a award winning songwriter. A new group (the Knudson's) were very entertaining. This was just a few of the entertainers. My husband and I really enjoyed The Pavilion Pickers on Wed. night. Very talented "good ole country".
Gary Welsch on Sun.pm.-pleasant, humerous and good country singer. Tues pm-Incredible John Fullerton, musician and display of 500 Sons of Pioneers history and collectibles. We were busy and couldn't attend the Karoke on Thur. or the Block party on Fri. There were ongoing free activities everyday OF ALL KINDS! Plus-Basketball court, shuffleboard, real sand volleyball court, ping-pong. The concierge got us great seats at the shows.

Date of stay: August 2006
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank sr06

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience. We are so glad that your clean and beautiful accommodations. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 31, 2006

Where to start? There were rollie-pollie bugs crawling out of the bathroom tiles. It took 45-minutes to check in because our room still wasn't ready at 6:00 in the afternoon and they refused to upgrade us. The room itself had paper-thin walls, smelled like mold, had one small window that provided no natural light, and there was no room service in the morning; this was a suite! The next morning room service did come, but didn't bring clean towels or toilet paper. Upon checkout, we had an extra $5 charge for "The Westgate Foundation Dispute" whatever the hell that is. That's minor compared to the $110 overcharge that resulted from paying the first night before booking the room and then them charging us again for it when we checked out. The phone service to fix the problem was terrible. The bill itself didn't have the phone number. The number on the charge-card receipt was for the corporate offices, they couldn't help me. They redirected me to a local number, but it wasn't the hotel. They said I had to call the hotel directly. The number they gave me was wrong. I had to get on-line to find the right number. At first it was busy. When I did finally get through they said it was after hours. It was 11:30am on a Tuesday. I still haven't gotten my money back.

Date of stay: July 2006